A scoring Question

Single Malt

Prince
Does anyone know how the scoring works in Civ Rev? I have just finished a one-city attempt on king difficulty. I was going for a cultural win (I was 1 turn from UN when the game ended). I was also ahead in dom by capturing one capital, and ahead in tech (had every tech unlocked, but was determined to a culture victory). The Americans were ahead in economic terms. Despite me having the lead in all 3 victory conditions, the Americans still won:confused: It really makes little sense to me.

Good question, the way to win a time victory is to have the most points. Like 47/48 for AC, 20/20 for cultural, the person with the most points for a time victory wins.

Right?

I had 20/20 culture, 48/48 tech, and 2/5 dom and the 5000 gold economic milestone. I was leader in the 1st three VC's, yet still lost time domination. WTF???:confused:

It doesn't make any sense to me either. Perhaps they rank the economic milestones alot higher.

Good question, the way to win a time victory is to have the most points. Like 47/48 for AC, 20/20 for cultural, the person with the most points for a time victory wins.

Right?

That's true, but your final ranking as a leader can be boosted dramatically if you choose to play on after achieving one or more of the victory conditions. In other words if you don't build the required wonder or 'SS What's it's Name' in a bid to be the first to finish. On one occassion, I deliberately spun a game out to the penultimate turn before taking the final AI capital. But by that time I had accrued well over 100,000 gold, had the cultural output from my cities through the roof, and could have long since built the spaceship sometime in the 1990's.

That was on King level, and the game ranked me above Winston Churchill. So I guess it must have as much to do with total dominance, as it does with being the first to finish. Although I don't doubt for one minute that you could perhaps achieve the same result by going on the offensive, and slaughtering the AI in short order!

Top Bottom