A set of eight 3D animated African leaderheads (single era with pcxs)

Wow, Sojourner's a fox! ;)

Really excellent. I think the neglect of the African civilisations, especially Kongo, Ethiopia, Mali and Ghana by the official game is rather shameful, and I have been thinking it would be great to make a good African scenario of some kind. This is just what we need to kick that off.

The new African head you've made are the best i've seen from you so far, pretty nice!

Antiochus VII said:
I'm sure you're buried under requests - so one more won't hurt too much more! :lol:

I think the Nzinga leaderhead is an excellent candidate to expand to eras to make Congo a new civ for general mods!

That was already my intention.

As many of you know, Sojourner and Dinga Cisse are already era-specific (click on the links in my signature).

I've now done three eras for Mansa Musa, and have the fourth era almost done. I'll finish that off tomorrow, when I have some time. The other two that I'll make era-specific are Moshoeshoe and Nzinga.

I'm glad everyone who has posted likes the leaderheads. Thanks :goodjob: .

R8XFT, you're a beast! Maybe your next 'set' could be 20th Century American Presidents, or something? Or you could do the leaders of World War II Europe for SOE; I"m sure Recon would like that (I mean, the mod is already huge, another gig wouldn't hurt it :p) Or you could finish Malcom II, Justanian, Youcub, David, and thoes others from the R8XFT mod thread

Wow! :wow: I'm speechless....

Do you still sleep, R8XFT? :D

Goldflash said:
R8XFT, you're a beast! Maybe your next 'set' could be 20th Century American Presidents, or something? Or you could do the leaders of World War II Europe for SOE; I"m sure Recon would like that (I mean, the mod is already huge, another gig wouldn't hurt it :p) Or you could finish Malcom II, Justanian, Youcub, David, and thoes others from the R8XFT mod thread

I'm finishing those from the R8XFT mod thread before embarking on any other new ones.

It's a nice idea to do 20th Century figures, but, if I'm being honest, far easier to do leaderheads from further back in history - you don't need to be quite as accurate facially. Take the leaderheads in this thread - they're all really generic African leaderheads, with some clothes to match the leader I'm portraying. If we could look at pictures of the real Piankhi, Moshoeshoe et al, then I'd get plenty of comments about how inaccurate they were.

@Dann - I feel like I don't sleep sometimes :sleep:

R8XFT said:
I'm finishing those from the R8XFT mod thread before embarking on any other new ones.

It's a nice idea to do 20th Century figures, but, if I'm being honest, far easier to do leaderheads from further back in history - you don't need to be quite as accurate facially.

Hehheh! Memories of Kekkonen?

Lusikka755 said:
Maybe you should open an own request-thread so you could always pick some ideas there. Also people would have a feeling like they could influence your next creations ;)

People are influencing the creations via the R8XFT mod thread ;) .

I don't want to get too tied down doing leaderheads that I'm not interesting in using myself...that's what happens with request threads...also, people can be too insistant that "the hair is not quite right" and so on, that I'd sooner bring out the creations and have done with it :p .

I know how you feel. In the Mod Tech Tree Development Thread, Xen Badgered me for like Three Pages to give the Roman Legionary an Extra Hitpoint and keep the +1 Defense. I gave them the Hitpoint but put the defense down to two.. and he would not shut up about it. Hehehe

W.i.n.t.e.r said:
R8X, you should really consider pooling all your magnificent works on one site :D (like this one yet for all your finished and upcomming projects)... so one won`t miss anything ;)

I'd love to - but having my leaderheads on Civfanatics means a couple of things:

1. Civfanatics is THE home for Civ, as far as I'm concerned. There's lots more people come here than would come to a site of my own. If you ever want to see anything that I've done, there's the leaderhead sticky thread in the Graphic Modpacks forum that contains links to all my works, as does my signature :) .

2. I don't have to pay anything ;) :D .

I would love to see Moshoeshoe as an era-specific Leaderhead. He's way cool!

You're in luck, then, since R8XFT has already said he is going to era specifictize Moshoeshoe :D

Top Bottom