A small step for this mod...

Works like a charm :goodjob:

Most buildings are done, with special thanks to Toffer for the "replace multiple lines" trick! :)

@DH:

You have plenty of buildings in your mod that I have to edit as well; it won't affect anything in a normal game, the only changes are that they won't appear on the moon.
Are you working on something inside your Myth / Story folder or can I quickly edit them?

@TB:

Are you working on units or can I mass edit them as well?
I'm working in almost all xml files at this point; but, I'll adapt to changes as they come, before i commit.

Go Ahead.

I believe DH is working on python and TB on dll at the moment.

I'm... not sure? I looked through the files I'd have thought they'd be in and didn't find them myself.

EDIT: Apparently they are in: \Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4ProjectInfo.xml

Which will mean that I don't have the MapCategoryTypes tag setup for them. I suppose you'll need this eh?

I'm... not sure? I looked through the files I'd have thought they'd be in and didn't find them myself.

EDIT: Apparently they are in: \Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4ProjectInfo.xml

Which will mean that I don't have the MapCategoryTypes tag setup for them. I suppose you'll need this eh?

Well technically it's possible to invent stuff like internet or SDI on the moon. But I highly doubt you'd EVER do this in the game since your lunar cities have way less production than other cities. So they only kill immersion a little bit, no biggy. If not too much work: Yes, please set this up :) Or could you "translate" them into normal building files?

Well technically it's possible to invent stuff like internet or SDI on the moon. But I highly doubt you'd EVER do this in the game since your lunar cities have way less production than other cities. So they only kill immersion a little bit, no biggy. If not too much work: Yes, please set this up :) Or could you "translate" them into normal building files?

Already done and pending my next commit today. I also added the MapCategoryTypes tag to Goody Infos so that goody results can be limited to particular map categories as well. Both Goodies and Projects were based on the same schema and I said a while back I should be doing this for goodies soon. Why not now right?

I just watched an episode by Isaac Arthur about a Moon Industrial Complex and got some ideas I just wanted to share:

The idea is still that a moon base is an expensive and slow project.
However, it can be sped up by using more resources, as you import more stuff from earth.
This can be topped up by importing stuff for a fission reactor (new building) to boost your early colony for a serious investment of rockets / money.

- Fission reactor: buildable by rockets (maybe in multiple steps even?) or by a lot of hammers, requiring Uranium / Thorium Mine (new building), Boosts production by a lot
- Wonder: Moon Industrial Complex: Boosts production further, reduces costs of Cislunar Builings.
- Bulk Metal Complex: Reduces cost of Off World Colonies (make them more expensive to compensate)
- Concentrated Solar Power Plant (semi-advanced power plant) (can store power during nights)
- Crude Solar Panels: early building, maybe rename solar panels or keep it as it is (flat on ground, cant track)
- Solar Complex: Semi-Advanced building, tracks the sun, more tech / advanced base required.
- Lunar Uranium / Thorium Mine -> Power Plant (maybe add Uranium as resource on the Moon)

Change in a way that initially, only poles are colonizable (or non-poles are more expensive (piping / drilling system for water, power (concentraded solar/nuclear)
Most important exports: Rare Earths, HE3, Phosphor, Bulk Metals for Space construction
Most important imports: Methane (to get Hydrogen mainly), Water, Ammonia from Asteroids

Top Bottom