A story of Earth

strijder20

Wallowing in irony
This is the thread of my first story.

I'll be playing one of the civs of the Earth 18 map

I'll play as historically correct as possible. This includes war declarations, expanding in certain territories, war declarations, trying to build certain wonders, trying to become buddies with nations the historical nation I play with liked...
Yep, that's right, trying to achieve historical victory without the RFC mod ;) I'll keep playing after I completed the goals.
We'll move to Carthage's start with Mali's settler and pursue their historical goals. Later on, we move our palace back to Mali.

Part 1: Carthage

-Capture Rome before 0 AD.
-Settle one city in Spain, Italy, two in Northern Africa
-Have the highest amount of coastal cities in the Mediterranean by 0 AD.

Part 2: Mali

-Have the highest GNP from 1230 AD to 1600 AD.
-Convert to Islam as soon as it becomes available
-Build or capture the University of Sankore by 1350 AD
-Adopt Emancipation as soon as it becomes available
-Gain control over 3 gold resources by 1400 AD
-Get 5000 gold by 1600 AD

I'll be playing on Prince.

We will play as Mali and move to Carthage's start
The game speed is Epic.

Thanks for reading and voting!

I'll start tomorrow or the day after tomorrow, depending on the amount of votes.

Rome is too easy, I vote Mali!

I vote Mali!

I vote Inca!

I vote Japan! (though mali's probably going to win, which means vassalization to the french)

i vote............. greece.

I think Mali has the most votes by far.
As Mali was only active as a civilization for a short time, setting up 'historical goals' will be tougher.
What about:
-Have the highest GNP from 1230 AD to 1600 AD.
-Convert to Islam as soon as it becomes available
-Build or capture the University of Sankore by 1350 AD
-Adopt Emancipation as soon as it becomes available
-Gain control over 3 gold resources by 1400 AD
-Get 5000 gold by 1600 AD

Any further ideas?

Best of luck with your story! :goodjob:

If the map allows for it, why not randomly select a leader? That's what I did for my story.

I think it's possible to do Unrestricted Leaders if it's a Custom Scenario of the Earth 18 Map, but perhaps he should stick with Mansa Musa (who is a very powerful leader) to offset the bad start? Unless he plans on migrating to Northern Africa that is.

i like this 'historical goals'.

Thanks Christos! If you have any other goal in mind, please share :) I'll add it.

I agree, tomorrow dawn. We have a bad start, and I'll probably play on Prince, not on Noble, so we'll need a good leader to make up for the poor UU and meh UB. Spiritual for no anarchy and financial for cottage economy? Why not :)
Unrestricted leaders and random leader would be a great idea for other civs, but in this case it would be a bit hard to play with poor leader traits.
We won't migrate to North-Africa with our first settler (historical play, remember?), but might settle it later on.

Or I could play like Carthage (as Mali) early on in the game, adding another bunch of historical goal in the classical age :D

Thanks Christos! If you have any other goal in mind, please share :) I'll add it.

I agree, tomorrow dawn. We have a bad start, and I'll probably play on Prince, not on Noble, so we'll need a good leader to make up for the poor UU and meh UB. Spiritual for no anarchy and financial for cottage economy? Why not :)
Unrestricted leaders and random leader would be a great idea for other civs, but in this case it would be a bit hard to play with poor leader traits.
We won't migrate to North-Africa with our first settler (historical play, remember?), but might settle it later on.

Or I could play like Carthage (as Mali) early on in the game, adding another bunch of historical goal in the classical age :D

No problem!

I'm sure many people would've liked to see a Warrior-rushdown of Egypt but I personally think the idea of trying to shoot for conditions outside of the game is a very interesting concept. Do you plan on ending the game as soon as you've fulfilled all your "UHV" conditions by the way?
Or will you continue and maybe pursue Space or something?

play like Carthage at first and take over rome.

Top Bottom