A Violent Peace, 1946-Now

With Japan, Australia, and the US de facto allied with Taiwan, and (a) China having no experience operating a blue water navy (b) China is an absolute mess internally, and the Chinese word for both their "aircraft carriers" and militarized atolls being "target practice," ... AND the entire US B1-B inventory being converted to ship killers - I'd give the imbroglio a max of 3 days, although many (and I believe unrealistic) simulations show the US losing one CV.

Granted, that carrier might very well be an own goal. :shifty:

With Japan, Australia, and the US de facto allied with Taiwan, and (a) China having no experience operating a blue water navy (b) China is an absolute mess internally, and the Chinese word for both their "aircraft carriers" and militarized atolls being "target practice," ... AND the entire US B1-B inventory being converted to ship killers - I'd give the imbroglio a max of 3 days, although many (and I believe unrealistic) simulations show the US losing one CV.
... but the Chinese carrier looks great! :)

Fujian.gif

... but the Chinese carrier looks great! :)

View attachment 666270
Of course! It's an @Delta_Strife ™ Production! Still -

"In a battle, it would be a very good target for U.S. and Japanese forces, and they would take it down at the very beginning," said Yoji Koda, a retired admiral who had commanded the Japanese fleet.

:D

Update: Another update related to the Ukrainian war this time I wanted to get ahead on the Black Sea Fleet Ships before mysterious things happened to them so I did all the models I had that related to them. Corvette's and the patrol ship are done using a scale I use for smaller WWI/WWII boats so that we can see more of their details.

My favorite of those updates is the submarine of the Golf Class. It fills an existing gap in the chain of Russian missile carrying submarines. :thumbsup:

Delta_Strife, one more time a big thank you very much for all your great work! :thanx:

As always I love the work you do. In my custom scenario I have battleships upgrade into modernized versions -- some civs get a modernized Iowa-class BBG, others get the modernized King George V-class BBG, etc. I was able to find a fictionalized modern Yamato-class BBG with a VLS attack, as well as a Kirov-class "battlecruiser", but both have dated and/or incomplete animations. Is it a possibility to get updated versions of these or other battleships?
1701885042873.png

As always I love the work you do. In my custom scenario I have battleships upgrade into modernized versions -- some civs get a modernized Iowa-class BBG, others get the modernized King George V-class BBG, etc. I was able to find a fictionalized modern Yamato-class BBG with a VLS attack, as well as a Kirov-class "battlecruiser", but both have dated and/or incomplete animations. Is it a possibility to get updated versions of these or other battleships?
View attachment 679111
:goodjob:I agree that modernized WWII ships are good units for modern senarios, too. For example these battleships. And for example the Carrier Taiho who has an angled deck in The Man in the High Castle.

Attachments

• Taiho1.png
    Taiho1.png
    584.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Taiho2.png
    Taiho2.png
    620.6 KB · Views: 11
Top Bottom