Abandon City?

Earlier in this thread a claim was made that the AI can't "see" the resources on the map. I find this almost laughably unbelievable. Is there any proof that they AI truly doesn't "know" where the resources are? Is it programmed to ignore them until it has researched the tech? I can't believe it doesn't "know", though I would be very happy to be proved wrong.

It's true. I've seen a dev response on it somewhere around here. There was a bug back whenever where it was thought the AI could actually see the resource. It turned out to be a bug in the way a tile's value was calculated; the resources added a small fraction of a percent to tip the scales. This was fixed and the AI cannot see the resources. Take it at the developer's word!

To me, the undesirable cities are the ones the AI settles near your border and infringes on resources and workable land....these are the ones i usually raised or the ocasional od one in the midle of the desert with only 3 plain tile and oasis no rivers!!!. Is there a way to protect your border beside culture and war to make it unattractive for the AI to go landgrabing via culture.

I think i saw it in action yesterday while Hannibal was researching animal husbandry he was not using the horses so....

Wow, old thread is old.

A use I found with otherwise useless barbarian cities was to use a missionary to covert it to my state religion, and then give it to a rival without a religion. They'd convert to my state religion the following turn; so normally incredibly hostile leaders suddenly became chummy from the combined bribery/religion bonuses. Even if the city reverted to me later, they'd keep the religion, especially if they'd gone for Theocracy. And then the city could be given to someone else. Generally the city ended up being destroyed by barbarians.

Top Bottom