About China

秦始皇

Chieftain
I don't think a man with so many serious problem and being disputed so hard can be brought into the civilization series for the last died person, mao (our china people now called lao mao)cannot stand for chinese civilization ,it is difinitely a exinanition to Chinese civilization. But in another way the peculiarity given to mao is a quip mapping something ,organization --3 years' real problem?
philosophy(100% birth rate of wisdom)-- today's population problem of china?
I don't think it is the right way ,if you think he is not worth to be the head ,just remove him .

So wait, are you for Mao in the game, or against it? I'm having a hard time understanding what you wrote (I don't mind it, since English probably isn't your first language).

That was hard to read.
But...
Yes, we can remove Mao Zedong. I know a lot of people don't like him. He is compared to Hitler in another thread.
We can also change him to better reflect certain values.

I'm against him(but do not hate him) ,looking to my ID(another leader of china in the game his English name seems not good) I think he is not being compared with the first man of the east. He is a great people but not a good leader (espercially at peace )
And the most important one is mao died just about 30 years ago ,he has not been checked by history .

I figured. By the way, how would you feel of Sun Yat Sen (孫逸仙 - Just copied from a site, not sure if this is correct Chinese) in place of Mao?

I can see why they added Qin Shi Huang, since he did unite China though his dynasty's reign lasted for around two decades.

I would personally rather see Sun Yat Sen (孫中山) as a leader than Mao...

"If you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao
You ain't gonna make it with anyone anyhow.
Don't you know know it's gonna be
(shoo-be-doo)
All right...."

--John Lennon

Later!

--The Clown to the Left

Sun Yat Sen(孙中山--chinese name we called in general ,孫逸仙--also his name but many people don't know)
although Sun did promotion to China ,but he cannot give chinese a new picture ,comparing with mao ,he is considered as less mistake and less contribution also .
In my opinion ,just Qin Shi Huang is enough .

秦始皇 said:
I don't think a man with so many serious problem and being disputed so hard can be brought into the civilization series for the last died person, mao (our china people now called lao mao)cannot stand for chinese civilization ,it is difinitely a exinanition to Chinese civilization. But in another way the peculiarity given to mao is a quip mapping something ,organization --3 years' real problem?
philosophy(100% birth rate of wisdom)-- today's population problem of china?
I don't think it is the right way ,if you think he is not worth to be the head ,just remove him .
hai,man,it goes without saying that mao is one of the greatest leader in chinese history. Don't fotget who liberated our ancestors , who made chinese people stand up. In some sense,he is the greatest leader in chinese history and no one could be compared with him, although mao also made a big mistake to carry out Cultural Revolution. But his contribution was more bigger than his fault.

温柔的杀你, Mao tried to DESTROY the Chinese cultures as we know it. He was AGAINST ancestural worshipping and all these "ancient beliefs" because he thought it was backward-thinking compared to the western civilizations. He utilized the uneducated farmers around major cities and starv those cities to death as part of his war strategies. I would hardly think he is a good representation of the Chinese culture, seeing as how he is trying to DESTROY it and build some kind of new empire with him being the centre (except he adopted the fancier name for imperialism, AKA communism). So, thanks to Mao, China was set back both technologically and economically 40 years.

What is liberation ,without freedom ,how can you say that ? But it is not just china's problem ,nearly all the socialized country has this problem ,leader center then become difinite power no one can oppose ,and build a "great wall". Can we consider it as a great work?
PS:to 温柔的杀你 are you the "温柔的杀你" from kuankuan

NetMapel said:
温柔的杀你, Mao tried to DESTROY the Chinese cultures as we know it. He was AGAINST ancestural worshipping and all these "ancient beliefs" because he thought it was backward-thinking compared to the western civilizations. He utilized the uneducated farmers around major cities and starv those cities to death as part of his war strategies. I would hardly think he is a good representation of the Chinese culture, seeing as how he is trying to DESTROY it and build some kind of new empire with him being the centre (except he adopted the fancier name for imperialism, AKA communism). So, thanks to Mao, China was set back both technologically and economically 40 years.
Sir, in which books it says that mao AGAINST ancestural worshipping and all these "ancient beliefs"? Mao loved chinese tradtional culture and he read a lot of books and he got a deep understanding to chinese tradtional culture.
His famous saying about chinese tradtional culture was "learn good things from tradtional culture and abandon backward" . As to his war strategies, he just used a good way to organising those being oppressed to leberate themselves.

I think Mao is chosen to represent China because he is one of the most well known leaders of China in the West. Not the best choice I would say. If I were Firaxis I would have picked the following: Emperor Kangxi (康熙) of the Qing dynasty, Emperor Wu of the Han dynasty (漢武帝) and Emperor Li Shimin of the Tang dynasty (唐太宗).

OK I'm a bit greedy for picking three leaders, but they are regarded to many as the three most accomplished and successful leaders in the long and glorious history of the Chinese civilzation, so to leave out any one of them is a disrespect.

Although having the chance to play as these three leaders would be an honour, I actually do not care much about who I'm playing as (or against) coz well, this is just a game.

秦始皇 said:
What is liberation ,without freedom ,how can you say that ? But it is not just china's problem ,nearly all the socialized country has this problem ,leader center then become difinite power no one can oppose ,and build a "great wall". Can we consider it as a great work?
PS:to 温柔的杀你 are you the "温柔的杀你" from kuankuan
What is freedom? Owe to mao,the majority of chinese peasants got their farms which they dreamed for thousands of years and far from being exploited by lords. Compared freedom with living ,which is important?
Between freedom and starvation, which one do you prefer to?
and by the way I am from kuankuan.

温柔的杀你 said:
Sir, in which books it says that mao AGAINST ancestural worshipping and all these "ancient beliefs"? Mao loved chinese tradtional culture and he read a lot of books and he got a deep understanding to chinese tradtional culture.
His famous saying about chinese tradtional culture was "learn good things from tradtional culture and abandon backward" . As to his war strategies, he just used a good way to organising those being oppressed to leberate themselves.
Have you read “沁园春雪”?This one give me a deep impression .On the other way ,do you know “蔡元陪” if so ,what do you think “李自成”

ok, despite of Mao's fault or success, who can stand for Chinese civilization as the view of western world? Sun Yat Sen of course can not reach the standard of a representative of Chinese civ.
From my point of view, Tang Tai Zong or Han Wu Di are more suitable candidates even compare with Qin Shi Huang. They both lead a greatest dynasty of real Chinese called Tang and Han. All the Chinese Towns in western countries actually called "Street of Tang people" in China and today's China main nation name is called Han. But I'm afraid how many westerner know these 2 great people.

here's the deal. Mao has don't some bad stuff no doubt, but which great leader didn't? The point is... Mao is well-known to westerners, and is generally well-loved by the Chinese... he REUNITED CHINA after the disastrous leadership of Chiang and of the KMT... and he secured China for decades to come as a solid, united nation.

I'm completely againsty Sun... he was ideologically important, but his actual reign in China is extremely short... HE WAS OUT OF THE COUNTRY AND WAS UNINVOLVED when the actual revolution that succeeded in toppling Qing dynasty was taking place,and he was only an acting president for a very short while, yielding the post to Yuan ShiHai (spelling?) who tried to start a new dynasty with himself as the emperor. So Sun is idealogically the father of the republic, but he was in no way actually a leader of China.

Ultimately, yes there are a lotta other emperors that are very deserving of being chosen as a leader in CivIV, but honestly how many non-Chinese people/players know who's Tang Taizong? or Han Wudi? Mao is ultimately the most famous to westerners who was actually loved by most Chinese...

mag827 said:
I think Mao is chosen to represent China because he is one of the most well known leaders of China in the West. Not the best choice I would say. If I were Firaxis I would have picked the following: Emperor Kangxi (康熙) of the Qing dynasty, Emperor Wu of the Han dynasty (漢武帝) and Emperor Li Shimin of the Tang dynasty (唐太宗).

OK I'm a bit greedy for picking three leaders, but they are regarded to many as the three most accomplished and successful leaders in the long and glorious history of the Chinese civilzation, so to leave out any one of them is a disrespect.

Although having the chance to play as these three leaders would be an honour, I actually do not care much about who I'm playing as (or against) coz well, this is just a game.
Yes,these three leaders were great, but the majority didn't have their farms at that time. The fist and most important thing it to make a good living, right?
Mao is the first leader to resolve the problem of the peasants and it is a big step in chinese history

温柔的杀你 said:
What is freedom? Owe to mao,the majority of chinese peasants got their farms which they dreamed for thousands of years and far from being exploited by lords. Compared freedom with living ,which is important?
Between freedom and starvation, which one do you prefer to?
and by the way I am from kuankuan.
Freedom is basic right human have ,no one can give it to or take it back.If so ,it is not freedom at all.Mao is a schemer rather than a liberator or a great leader.
Freedom of living? I want to ask you a question, if mao said you must die ,anyone in china can be still alive?

Top Bottom