About Civic Tree

I just noticed that Mobilization doesn't seem to have any prerequistes.... yet you can't research it... I wonder how complete the two Trees are, because they seem to be rather unbalanced (there's one tech branch that keeps going quite far, and there's one here as well)

The second half of the tech tree is not supposed to be shown. There could be some requirement lines just incomplete yet.

I just noticed that Mobilization doesn't seem to have any prerequistes.... yet you can't research it... I wonder how complete the two Trees are, because they seem to be rather unbalanced (there's one tech branch that keeps going quite far, and there's one here as well)

Just because a tech branch goes far is not necessarily something unbalanced... it could just be a specialization (ie naval..or religion)

Farm improvements now gain +1 Food for each adjacent Farm Improvement when 3 Farm improvements are adjacent to each other.

This could be written better, it is not very clear which is probably to be expected for pre release.

As I understand it the 3 farms must be adjacent to each other (triangle), it is not enough to have two adjacent farms, the 3 farms must be adjacent to each other. It also make it sound like you get +1 for for each adjacent farms. For the triangle formation that would give each farms +2 food and if you can somehow get 6 adjacent farms you could have a farm which would give as much as +6 food.

I don't think it's unclear, really. Your assessment sounds correct. The base triangle formation should provide +2 to each farm. While it's unclear if the formations affect each other, I see no reason why they shouldn't. So adding 1 farm to a formation of 3 in for a diamond shape should provide +2 to the outside tiles and +3 to the inside tills, etc.

The devs had said that as the game goes on, you're able to generate a lot of food from a smaller space. This mechanic squarely allows for that dynamic to come into play, as you can effectively double the output of farms by their positioning, meaning you can have the same output or more with half the amount of hexes required.

Sounds good to me

Even if you can get as much as 6+ food from each farm you can only grow at most 5 over the housing cap. I guess the point here is that feudalism is ment to make food an very common yield which can be mass produced in huge numbers making the growth limiter no longer food but access to housing.

The limit of 5 pop above your housing was shown in one of the youtube videoes then that person was in the civilopedia.

Yes, I'd say that's correct - Feudalism would seem to usher in the age where the limits to growth becomes more focused on amenities and housing. Which makes sense as you're now beginning shifting from the early game to the mid game at around that point.

Two eras later, as you're shifting out of the mid-game into the late game, is when Urbanization comes online, bringing about neighborhoods and the solution to what will likely be at that point the crux of your growth problems.

Update:
- Civil Service
- Humanism
- Naval Tradition
- Reformed Church

also, while there might be more information somewhere else, I have to make clear that my aim here is to copy only the exact wording of the tooltips (bar punctuation errors) and so allows reader to analyze the wording themselves. Therefore, for accuracy sake, I will no longer put information whose source aren't from the mini text hint :)

I love how there are so many civics (and some techs) that don't unlock further research. I really didn't like Civ V's linear tech tree that forces you to research everything to get to the end. Now there are entire branches that can be ignored or postponed indefinitely -or very, very long- if you think you don't need them. The religion branch and many government civics are completely optional. Military Tradition and Mysticism can both be researched as your third civic or just skipped if you don't care for the policies or governments they eventually lead to.

I hope they don't change the civic tree too much until release. Civ can only benefit from a return to flexibility.

wow capitalism comes pretty late. i thought that was an 18th century thing

And it's a dead end. :lol:

Top Bottom