Absolution 4: Tabula Rasa

Happy Saint Patrick's!

But on top of that there are a couple of birthdays going on as well, all out of town, and I won't have time to provide the prompt and complete sort of update I want to provide. Not until next week. Next week I'm all over it.

The Zulappi scribbling sprawled across the clay. "I can't understand it" growled Krunnr, grasping the tablet tightly, "It translates as '404 Earor, Kontit Nut Fund, what the heck does that even mean?"

Jocasta took a look, "I think it says '40 for Eranor, Komit No Fail'. Maybe its a code for a spy?"

"Bah! Zulappi scribbling is useless!"

"Useless?" asked Jocasta, she quickly wrote a message, "I can order a thousand spears in five seconds, and no one will forget the message because the Clay does not Forget."

"Bah! I can order a thousand spears in one second, and they will rally to me!"

*scribblescribble*

The two turned to look at a Zulappi undershaman scribbling on another clay tablet. Jocasta read it quickly and was shocked, while Krunnr stared unbelievingly.

"I totally did not shove you with my "spear"!"

"You did, and now everyone will know!"

*scribblescribble*

The two were still fighting when the undershaman finished writting his missive and walked back to the embassy. The Shaman Beerholder will enjoy hearing about this.

Er... back on track, then.

"Gentlemen" came a voice, and both looked at old Pharon, who still have one eye, open and livid. "There's no need to fight."

"Why not?"

"According to this tablet, a man in the need of a sleeve job will get us decent, flat tablets so that we can actually do something with them! I've seen his work, and it seems worthy of interest.

Besides, if you write words on them, they leave it out to the sun, the cracks in the drying clay can tell you the future"

"WHAT?"

"Oh, look at the time, I think I am to go to my beer bath now. See you."

Krunnur turned to Jocasta, "See, this is why I retired."

To Zull
Our Drunk Hare trade is about to run out. Do you wish to renew it?

Hey,

On the Road to Persia. (Militaristic)

"Northern Army of Junjan?" Said Jimyo standing beside the well travelled Salmon Trade Road watching his troop of spearmen spread down the length of the caravan. Hundreds of pack animals and wagons of all sizes and shapes were froming up in line. It would be one of the largest caravan to leave the Dragon Empire. Not only moving fish to Paranaa which had been done for generations. But beyond to the lands of Persia with southern Red Spices. "That is what the Emperor calls this merchants guard."

"With the luck of the Dragon." Captian Nars said kissing his dragon tooth pendent. He was the captain of the newly trained Paranaa spearmen. The new bodyguard for King Ichabous. "Nothing to happen will alarm us."

"Your dragonese is getting better." Jimyo smiled and knelt unfolding a small painted silk map.

"Thanks travels to teachers." The Paranaa officer said with pride and knelt to look at the map.

Slowly, the great building is coming together. Although similiar in design to Stone Henge and the Great Obelisk, the design combined both elements. A circle of columns chart the sun's movement across great concentric circles across the grounds, while in the center were four stones- One great Obelisk planned to be laid upon my death, two lesser ones for Jocasta and Krunnr, and the Throne of the Oracle.

I look out over the city, but I do not see a city of gold and brick. I see much far in the distance. I see the Faith uniting under the banner of Aset, reborn once more, and marching across the lands. I see new technological marvels and new ways to kill. I see nations falling apart and then uniting every tighter together as the darkness closes around the Light of Akten.

I cough, blood spews out of my mouth.

A worker runs up, "Farseer?" he asks.

I look upon him, but I can only see the spear hole over his left breast, where he will be hit and killed in campaign against the men of the Savanna.

"Continue" I say, "This will be my legacy."

To All Interested

The Drunken Hare and Stoneware agreements with Zulappi and Land of the Sun are about to end. Do you wish to renegotiate, or should I once again sell to the highest bidder?

To All: Willing to buy 1 import item for a down payment of 5EP.

Hey,

Cin Fu and the Dragon's Puzzle. (scientific)

"The Emperor is not go to see you!" Yelled Cin Fu's wife as he gathered his model and set out the door of his in house in Junjan. "You old Fool!"

"Be quite woman!" He held up the model high above his head, the best that his old arms could do. "This model is Wisdom!"

His model had a wooden carved man, straight backed with legs together held out at a angle. It was attached to a heavy base by a wooden dowel through its middle. This allowed the man to lay on the back on its head or sit with its feet to the ground. To use it, one would place small, various sized ceramic sandals on its feet. Then one would put different weighted ceramic hats on its head to counterbalance the weight on the feet. Slowly the figure would balance. Looking like a man laying across a pole.

Cin Fu had been using it to give his wife trouble. Instead of the ceramic sandals, he had built and strapped on a small basket to its feet. He would place a smooth rounded river rock in the basket and taking careful aim, would slam the upper part of the model down. This would throw the stone missile in a arc right at her. "Dragon's Wisdom woman!"

"Foolishness you stubborn old goat!" His wife yelled, waving a good bye to her legendary husband.

CFb02

To: Satura

We will offer you our fine pickled grouper in exchange for your hares.

To: Satura

I regret breaking the knees of my favorite messenger, please accept this extremely late apology and if you hold ill will against our people please break his knees again and remind him not to make boasts or bets that he cannot afford.

To Tatui
Accepted. They shall be traded as soon as the sun has set for the 160000th time (400 years/4turnsXrough 400 days a year).

To Land of the Sun
I hold no will against your people. Let's renew the trade agreement, and I can make your messanger a knee of gold. He will be the knight who says Ni!

To Tatui
Accepted. They shall be traded as soon as the sun has set for the 160000th time (400 years/4turnsXrough 400 days a year).

To Land of the Sun
I hold no will against your people. Let's renew the trade agreement, and I can make your messanger a knee of gold. He will be the knight who says Ni!

The cut of your sails

(Scientific Story: Iberios)

The men in the armies of Iberios were often frustrated with the raft services of the Tatuines and so they sought out ways to convey their troops without the help of Tatui. But they knew this could only be accomplished one way.

Never could an army march into Africa and claim land with the permission of Tatui, but rafts are simple crafts anyway, and the engineers of Iberios dreamed bigger. They made the first superrafts, only to discover the stability of a curved hull. They broke the backs of men forcing them to row, but it was slow work and the Iberions were poorly suited to it. Many a curve-hulled superraft lay dashed on the shores of Iberios.

And so they learned waterproofing, and they learned how to build a rudder. But the rowers were still not good enough.

A banner waving in the air was the answer, and the clever Iberions took the wisdom to heart. A new superraft would be built and it would harness the winds themselves to ride to the farthest corners of the seas.

And construction was begun and the hull was prepared and a mast was built for the first time. Sails were sewn, ropes were woven.

And when "The Pride of Iberios" was at last pushed out into sea the creators realized that what they had built was not a raft at all.

Wicker Supplement [Commercial]

"According to my recent dreams, my Shaman, our Wicker is being sought after in places as distant and exotic as the Westerly Shores, beyond the Numids and across the straits of the world."

Shaman Sha-mun lazed in his throne. His snake tongue flicked in and out of his mouth rhythmically, as if he were tasting the thoughts of the advisor.

"Yes, bring me one of these Wickers, who make this Wicker. I would deign to speak to them in person."

The advisor bowed deep.

"As you wish, my Shaman."

Toruhq emerged from the shadows behind the throne.

"Are you certain your recent diplomatic entourage to the Satura is wise, my Shaman? Such an one as them are overly stupid and emotional at times, and might take insult."

Sha-mun glared forward at nothing, his mind lost in thought, eyes never acknowleding the great stone doors of his antehcamber swinging silently shut.

"Neither insult nor injury move men to war, Toruhq; it is greed that motivates them. Our wicker has proven useful; it has made shieldmen of their spear-fighters, their harvests more bountiful as the women carry more.

"No doubt they would emulate our supply as soon as it were cut off. Such is life, such is trade. Such are relations."

"Most wise thoughts, my Shaman. One wonders where The Shaman has been all our lives; we've had need of you for quite some time."

In fact Sha-mun was barely a dozen years as The Shaman now; he had surpassed the Undershamans, skipping altogether their studies into their religion and the administrative offices that that implied, catapulted by his intellect and ability to sway minds with words.

The great doors inched open as a half dozen guard pushed them from the outside. Sha-mun's glare fixated on the young woman who had been brought forth to speak for the Wickers.

"My Shaman, I beg audience."

She was a scrawny, light-skinned woman; she must have been from the east.

"You may look me in the eye. Yes, acceptable. Now, tell me, where has the Wicker gone since time beginnings?"

"To the Saturans. in the south, my Shaman."

She had lowered her eyes once more. As she should.

"And tell me, what more would you want from these Saturans? Speak freely, there shall be no reproach. They are only Saturans we speak of, afterall."

"More, my Shaman? Anything, everything. Our trade is unfair- we Wickers labour every hour of every day to create this Wicker, and all we receive is a pittance rabbit which they inbreed en masse, and drunk too! On Zulappi beer, no doubt, stolen from our merchants. Why, if we had more than pisspoor rabbit traded, we could weave more Wicker, and quicker."

The Shaman waved the woman out of the room.

"I have many considerations to take into account, Undershaman Shell."

The advisor nodded quickly.

"Yes, my Shaman. My dreams not withstanding, even."

Toruhq had been silent throughout the proceedings.

"Perhaps the Westerly Shores' do have need of our Wicker, or even a few Wickers, if the Undershaman has dreamed it. Have you read the waters, Undershaman?"

The advisor blushed.

"Of course I have! They spoke clearly, and high, too; the Westerlies have requested, and so it should be!"

Sha-mun let his hang head in thought.

"So it shall be. The Wicker shall flow to the Westerly Shore."

Top Bottom