Absolution 4: Tabula Rasa

24 hour warning, although I do understand that I am bold to offer such a warning when I have no orders (or part of an update) to use as leverage.

Idle threat perhaps, but let it be known that I encourage order submission.

Hey,

Biok Hanoi and the Tree Race. (Trade Good: Exotic Lumbers)

"Run!" Biok Hanoi screamed. He let go of his end of the long bronze saw and jumped for his life. The man on the other end of the saw fell backwards to land between the tree's large roots. The mighty twelve foot wide tree had rolled on its start over and now was falling the wrong way. It was falling straight down the line of woodcutters.

"Run you fools!" He yelled racing the tall tree down the line. Those that didn't run he would push into the forest. This would give them standing trees between them and the massive falling tree. He dove out of the tree's path only as the top was slamming into the ground. He rolled to a standing position breathing deep the damp jungle air.

"That was close my friends." He smiled at his good luck that no one was hurt. "Lets get this beauty moved quickly. He watched as his work gang moved in trains of cattle and chains of the new metal sent from far away Bai Xi. "The Empire needs its fruniture."

HW01

Hey,

OOC

I can't have full orders till sometime Saturday afternoon. I could have a short uncomplete for you by your deadline.

Blaze Injun

I mean, Saturday afternoon is workable, I don't have any orders right now or any part of an update so while I would like you to feel rushed to send them in I admit that there is no real rush and, well, it is Easter weekend. I'm spending today driving to my parents house. Tomorrow afternoon and evening should be free for me to work on the update if I have the orders.

If not we'll have to revisit this issue.

Hey,

To: King Soru XII Celestial Kingdom of Kitanato

I have no more baskets to trade. Would you care to trade for the new exotic lumbers from the far southern jungle?

DEK04

To: Emperor Chao Longwei of the Heavenly Dragon

This is of course agreeable. Jungle you say? Lumber? I think you mean little bushes and the little twigs that collect under them.

You'll find our Haikus printed on Nori (seaweed paper), please do not feel compelled to eat them, at least not before transferring them to whatever you people use for your calligraphy. Because those things are going to blow your mind.

To: Emperor Chao Longwei of the Heavenly Dragon

I know that you will be able to read them, as our language is based off of yours. My concern was that our Nori is edible and somewhat frail.

Any Visible Part of the Map is Now Acceptable as a Starting Location and While Cultural Distinctions Remain The Cradle System is Hereby Abolished

Update Soundtrack: Atmosphere's Smart went Crazy

-

The shores of Eliat erupted with celebration at the launch of the "Pride of the Orangesmith," the first ship of Africa into the Red Sea. It was a good model, but too small to be practical. One day the Saturan army hopes to build Galleys of it's own to transport troops and protect ocean routes, but that day is not today.

Instead the Inquisitors of Satura infiltrated the caravans and followed them north into Zulappi, where they were often questioned but never bothered after they responded with "Is it illegal to worship Zorro and Akten in Zulappi?"

It is not, and so the strangely clad… priests(?) Of the Zorrkan faith moved on through Zull and even Dreadsea into the Land of the Sun.

Here they found a wide variety of heresy in need of re-education, from the bitter Zorrkanists who desired the abolition of Aset Cults in Cyria and Kurdia to the small groups of Eastern Zorroists who deny the divinity of Akten until they cannot resist overthrowing theistic nations, whose faith is responsible for atrocities in Persia. With the Inquisitors supplementing the new legal system of that land much was accomplished for the Society of Ur and the surrounding lands.

In Parsgadae, where the Persians also requested a variety of assistance the Inquisitors found themselves arrested after questioning some of the Eastern Zorroists of that land. Although their freedom was demanded and granted on behalf of the Persians they quite nearly made matters worse among the Eastern Zorroists and only managed to help a small amount before their arrest and since their release they have been timid about fulfilling their duties.

Because, unlike in the Land of the Sun, there are other forces in Persia working to rebuild the stability, Soldiers of the Emperor of the Heavenly Dragon. Swordsmen from the Empire of the Heavenly Dragon. It was these swordsmen with their impossibly strong Iron Armor who arrested the Inquisitors and who also set them free at the request of the Persian High Priest.

With the use of Pickled Grouper in interrogation the once worthless Trade Good became very important and helpful. The land of Satura was also finally able to name a unifying trait in their desire to build more and greater monuments to their land. But with the recent death of the heroic Aureas Orangesmith many Saturans wonder how the succession will be chosen.

Sudan blossomed under Saturan rule, a forge was added to Napata and research was begun towards the crafting of maps. The soldiers all joined loyally into ranks with the Saturan allies and marched in defense of the Saturan border.

The Rangers were prepared for an ambush, but none came. Instead they found a large group, four units of Spearmen, waiting on the far side of Iruba for the Saturan response.

The Rangers fought valiantly but were overcome by the disorganized, but much better armed spearmen of the jungle. At the sight of their futile plight the Chariots retreated and notified the real army, Sudanese and Saturan soldiers prepared to march on the enemies.

Arriving on the scene Sudanese Spearmen charged ahead, eager to prove their loyalty. The Spearman instructed to bombard hurled their spears ineffectively, but the Ambushing Spearman smashed 2 groups of Barbarian Spearmen before they were defeated. Another of the barbarians charged in vengeance at the main army and was repelled after pitched battle in which a Saturan Ranger was slaughtered. In return came the final charge of Saturan Spearmen into the assembly of Barbarians. The two groups fought each other with breathless intensity to the last man. Even when reinforcements arrived from the main army they could only try to mend the wounded survivors, and plant the banner of the Orangesmith upon the field.

When asked, in his later days what turned the tide of the battle, the general of the Saturan Southern Army often replied, "It was those Freelancers, we knew everything that the enemy was doing the whole time because of their recon. They gave us the edge."

There have been rumors of "Inquisitorial Tools" but it seems like certain restrictions prevented their actual production.

(Satura: +Sailing, +Forge (Sereg), +3 Inquisitors, +1 Freelancer, -2 Rangers, -1 Spearman (Sudan), -1 Spearman (Satura), +Roasted Koughfee (Sudan), +Forge (Napata), +Cartography (2/5), +7 Reputation, +Industrious)

In Zull, most of the revenues were saved this turn, put into vast hoards. Treasure Hunters conjecture as to whether or not it could be stolen, but no one knows for sure where the crafty Shaman is keeping his wealth.

What is for sure is that they have extended their trade ties throughout the Mediterranean, adding new trade arrangements with Iberios and Kurdia and renewing the import of linen from Cyria.

There are rumors that a group of Zorrkanist priests who travelled through the lands years ago, calling themselves 'Inquisitors' taught the Zorrkanists of Zulappi certain 'techniques' that have increased 'conversions' in Zulappi. The Zulappi branch of Zorrkanism is filled with seemingly brainwashed, stupefied converts who cannot react to questions but to scream. The Zorrkanists refuse to contribute to labor and are impossible to reason with, and there are all number of horror stories emerging from escaped converts who detail methods of torture and brainwashing that are used to keep the Zulappi Zorrkanists in line.

But outside of shadowy foreign cults things went well in Zulappi over the years, Dainty Wooden Statues are incredibly popular among the cosmopolitan people of Zull, and Linens and Fragrances flowed West into Dreadsea and into the capital.

The Library of Stone's Outpose continued study of the so called Masonic Code.

(Zulappi: Economy Banked, +Masonic Code (2/4), -1 Social Cohesion, +2 Reputation)

In The Kingdom of Shang the lines and sheets of sailboats made their first journeys into the Sea, with the technology understood the King began making heavy investments into a merchant fleet.

The new merchant fleet quickly found faster routes to Korea and even the path to the fabled land of Kitanato where they established contact and showed off the exotic luxuries of the Kingdom.

The new merchant fleet is a great pride to the Traders and nobles of Laozai, but some have already started to voice concerns. Without any weapons or training, if hostile ships attacked the merchant fleet would be destroyed. Some encourage the construction of a few military galleys to protect them.

Barbarians continued to battle for the border, mostly to the West where they were forced to relocate after many of their camps in Manchuria were destroyed by advancing Shang and Korean forces. A unit of spearmen was ambushed and killed during the expansion and some wonder if the Li Dynasty has the military force to defend their massive land claims.

People along the border of Paranaa, for instance, seem to be adopting the customs of the Dragons, saying "When Laozai falls to the Manchurians and Rogue Ships destroy the merchant fleet, we will be the first to surrender to the Emperor of Dragons."

(Shang: +Economic Expansion, +Sailing, -1 Spearman, +2 Reputation, +1 Social Cohesion)

No one in The Empire of the Heavenly Dragon was remotely worried about whether or not the Emperor had the army to lay claim to his lands and defend them from any trouble. With the sudden outpouring of Iron from the Forges they saw the Swordsmen in every city, the Galleys setting out to claim Taiwan.

They even saw the Swordsmen marching towards Persia although it would be years before the stories of their time there returned to the Empire.

With the help of the Emperor's Soldiers, some of whom hailed all the way from Soo, the High Priest was able to change the face of Eastern Zorroism in Persia. One could not protest the divinity of Akten by throwing rocks at Soldiers who shared your skepticism. And so their doctrines became increasingly popular and moderate. A pair of sandals, alleged to have been owned by Xerxes, was offered as a centerpiece for a new Temple in Parsgadae and slowly the problems of Persia came more and more under control.

Until the day that the Soldiers encountered a group of men force feeding some unpalatable looking fish to tied up East Zorroists. The men looked to fight for a moment, but outnumbered and heavily out-sworded they surrendered and were taken under arrest. The High Priest of Persia, however, petitioned for their release. It turns out these so called "Inquisitors" hail from far off Satura and were sent "as a favor" to the High Priest. The General of the Expedition Force laughed for some time about the nature of Saturan "favors" before turning his effort back to restoring tranquility in Persia.

But the ascent of Iron came with it's own challenges, and not only the economic challenges that one might expect when new infrastructure must be built. With the passing of so much time the Tablets of Dragon Wisdom now only serve as a tourist attraction, and even so fewer tourists come each season. The Soo River harbor, likewise, has fallen into disrepair and no longer serves as the bustling port it once was.

Making extensive maps all the way they went the exploratory Galleys of the Heavenly Dragon discovered Paupa, where a group of small villages send delegates to the central port of Prinz to create central policy so that they may work in cooperative harmony. The Aloe plants that are plentiful on the island would no doubt be a boon to the physicians of the Dragon's Wisdom.

Haiku Strolls of Kitanato have actually become popular in the least expected place, Bia Xi's Imperial Merchant's Inn now features a weekly poetry reading that often permits locals to try their hand at crafting and reading their poems. Literacy in the city has skyrocketed and mostly among people who two or three generations hence would not have been allowed into the Imperial Merchant's Inn.

The import of Brandy has turned Soo into a freewheeling gambling den much like Laozai. Brandy merchants come across the river there to offer their supplies as the King instructed them to, but it seems that little of the Brandy is making it out of Soo, and most of it is being used at a Gambling Parlor not a stone's throw from the former home of Xerxes. The Emperor made his fee from these sales, but many of the strictly moral Eastern Zorroists of Soo protest the loud and dangerous nature of the "Top Shell Parlor."

(Empire of the Heavenly Dragon: +3 Swordsmen, +1 Galley, +Iron Working, -Scientific, +Astrology (1/20), +Trade Good (Exotic Lumber), +1 Imperial Merchant Inn (Paranaa), +5 Reputation, +1 Social Cohesion)

-

Map:

Spoiler :

-

Diplomacy:

To: The Empire of the Heavenly Dragon

You have our eternal thanks for the discretion with which your soldiers operate. Truly they are honorable men. If ever an enemy forces your hand to war, know that the soldiers of Persia would be proud to march alongside you.

To: The Great Kingdom of Shang

We would like to offer you 4 EP for the knowledge of Sailing.

To: Zulappi

We would be honored to teach your men the arts of sailing, so that they might spread the faith. You know of the far Westerly Shores, but did you know there are Northern Shores as well? We could negotiate a price.

To: Satura

My subordinates are telling me increasingly ominous things about the ways of the East. Persia may be saved from the grip of Aset today, but I fear for her soul in the future. There is also talk of some who ventured to the Khanate, and the ways that our faith is practiced there. I hesitate to agree with their idea that virgin sacrifice ought to be an acceptable tenant of our faith.

I call for the Temple to Disavow ties to the Khanate's school, send Inquisitors to re-educate everyone east of Ur and then we may return to our proper business. Thwarting the will of Aset.

-

Next Orders Due on April 20th

We'll be moving to a two week schedule for the foreseeable future.

-

Bonus Challenge (Reward: +1 Freelancer)

Spoiler :
Make a descriptive post or write a story describing how trade disputes are resolved in your nation

Spoiler :
Credit Due to Terrance, I just stole the idea. Let's see how it works here.

I don't know if you've picked this up about me, but I'm not the sort of person who gets a whole lot done on April 20th, and if any orders came in early I'd be cool with that.

Name: The Seasworn Cartel / Anne Teach / FreemanUNCG
Capital: Queen's Port (Sicily)
Economy: 4/4
Trait: Miliaristic
Technologies: (Bronze Age) Sailing, Subterfuge
Soldiers: 2 Spearmen (Queen's Port), 1 Galley(Queen's Port)
Buildings: Roads
Trade Goods: Booty (Gold)
Social Cohesion: 12

She strode, purposefully, along the beach. The sound of the wave's endless pounding upon the shore seemed to speak the words of the gods to her, the waves whispered words which strengthened her mighty resolve. Her face was set into the face it so often wore; her clenched in her eye there was a fire that could pierce through a man to the core. Never would any man attempt to intimidate her, not on these shores, or any other. The pounding of the waves was like the pounding of her heart as the water licked at her heels as she kept an even pace striding along the warm shore.

She had spent her whole life in the water, salt was in her blood, for generations her family had lived and worked with the great salt seas. Her father had died in the water, she had not wept as she watched his body disappear beneath the waves. She was more at home with the deck rocking beneth her boots than and the feel of a spear in her hand. The beach she knew so well stretched forever before her and in her mind the footsteps in the sand stretched back for 31 years, 31 hard years since she had been born into the surf screaming and red.

Anne, she was called, Anne Teach the matriarch of the Teach family. The Teach clan are one of the oldest and most powerful families on the island, and as the head of the family Anne is a woman who would command respect in any event, as it is, Anne Teach is the most powerful and respected person in all of the families. Anne's skill with a blade was unmatched and her movements so swift that when she fought she seemed a blur to the eyes of lesser men. A look from her bright blue eye brought men to their knees, and would cause one to spill all of their secrets for fear of her wroth. The patch was the color of blood, deep and dark, but the glint told of tiny rubies in the thing. Beauty and purpose, so much like her to wear a patch like this. For she was beautiful, no one would deny that, but she would have the hand of no man... who could not take her by force. Men had given up that fool’s errand years ago, their blood had stained the sea and their corpses fed the sharks. Some said that was how she had lost her eye, in a botched attempt to claim her, but no living man has seen beneath that scarlet patch.

The soles of her thigh high back boots leave deep indentions in the sand, as her long black hair streamed out behind her in the salty breeze. In the glare of the sun the large skull and black rune below it glisten on the darkly tanned skin of her exposed back, more tattoo’s adorn her arms and chest, and still more mostly hidden by her boots. Golden rings hang from her ears, and around her fingers more rings set with precious stones, and beneath the roar of the waves the faint jingle of the golden chain around her neck could be heard.

At last she could see her destination before her, a path of stairs had been long ago cut into the stone hill. it was up these stairs, rubbed smooth by the passing of the seasons and the elements, that she now climbed with determination set in her shining blue eye. At last she gained the summit and found what she knew would be there, the heads of all the five families and dozens of other important family members arranged behind them. As she stood upon the jutting cliff with the waves pounding the base far below her, the whole assembly bent their knees before her. As she knew they must, never had all six families sworn upon the sea together before, much rode upon what would happen here today.

Words she had learned, ancient words and worthy of a queen, and she spoke them as she stood before this gathering of mighty men. None among them was unmoved as she spoke of the sea they all loved and the voice of the waves leading them to rich futures. The gathering roared its approval in all the right places and at long last she spoke the words they had all come to hear.

“From the Sea we are born” she called out in a ringing voice and the assembly repeated it back to her as one.

“To the Sea we are Sworn” her voice rang out again, and as before they replied in kind.

The silence hung heavily upon them all now, the weight of what they all knew she must say next crushing them. At last as the tension neared the breaking point she cried.

“Who Will Die to Swear these Families to the Sea Forever!?!”

Slowly five came forward and knelt before her, she beckoned for them to arise and to follow. In silence the whole assembly left the ancient cliff and wound down the staircase to the wide beach where the waves beat forever on. This was the ancient way, the only way.

The waves splashed into her boots and above her waist as she stood a few feet out in the pounding waves. The five men stood in a circle on the sand she produced a leather pouch and each drew a single item and held them tightly and secretly in their closed fists. When they had drawn and held out their fist, she gave the command and each opened their hand. In four hands lay beautiful white pearls, pure and majestic, in one hand lay a black pearl identical in size to the others but midnight black and terrible to behold.

All in silence the man waded out into the surf, when he was feet from her she grabbed him, so fast that most of them didn’t see it. And with her hand gripped tightly in the back of his long hair she held him beneath the ocean’s blessed waves until his struggling stopped and there were no more bubbles coming from him. As soon as the man’s last feeble kicks died away she pulled his lifeless body from the surf and dragged him quickly to the shore. Her movements swift and skilled with years of practice she raised her fists and brought them hurtling down upon the dead chest. Just as quick she brought her lips to his, and tasting the salt on his cold lips gave him the kiss of life. He coughed and spluttered expelling an endless supply of seawater, and at long last sat up still coughing and blinking in the sun.

Never would this man forget his commitment to the sea or his queen. Nor would those who saw him drown and be drawn alive again from the water. Never would they falter in their loyalty to her.

They began to chant “QUEEN, QUEEN, QUEEN,” They laid their claim to the seas and vowed to do all for the Queen of the seas.

“ANNE, ANNE, ANNE” they cried her name to the heavens they roared it, fierce and proud and surly the dark gods of the sea heard them in their watery halls and trembled…

Nice to see you, although I'm tempted to change "booty" straight to Gold.

-

Blood and Silver

(Commercial Story: Tatui (Trade Good: Silver))

It was in those days that the Elders of Tatui did enlist many of the unemployed and poor of that land as miners, and set them to work at the hills around their village.

At first, with hopes of Iron they plundered the hills savagely and brought much of the grey metal back to their Elder. Proud, they forged it into armor and swords.

And disappointed they watched it dent and bend as they swung it in practice.

"This is not Iron at all," they would say.

"But I hope maybe we can sell it."

-

To: The Seasworn

Might we interest you in trading our silver for your gold?

OOC: It's not all that bad.

-

OOC: Which is a great segue for this, which is about how paranoid a certain NPC is about you:

With the Wind at Our Backs

(Scientific Story: Cyria)

The High General paced from one end of the hall to the other until an Undershaman came at last to call on him, "What is this situation in Kurdia?"

"There is no trouble in Kurdia," the General paused and turned.

"Not yet, but how long do you think it will be before it is?"

The General walks over to the balcony, gesturing for the Undershaman to proceed, "Long Enough my friend."

Below the Palace of Syrius was the Temple of the Stones, near the Library, the greatest gift of his predecessor, where even now the scrolls of Sailing Technique from Iberions or even a few scrolls smuggled North through Zulappi from Eliat.

"Do you think I neglect the situation?" The General continues, "With Sails we will be prepared for the next war."

"You think that a small group of librarians is going to uncover the secrets of the ships for you? Be realistic! What will the ships do? A single block of Waset is worth the whole of Kurdia!"

"Yes, and the rest of Satura is worth all of us combined with Zull and Iberios, but right now we have the upper hand and we must press the advantage. We shall sail to Iberios and they shall teach us of Iron."

The Undershaman laughs, "What upper hand? And we shall never have the upper hand if you insist on chasing myths and magic weapons. Dragon Forged Iron, no doubt, an a Unicorn to ride into battle on."

"Appeasement has worked for the Saturans for hundreds of years now, kept the peace in the Rivers, they've paid us in gold, and land. I'm told there are even Agents infiltrating the Philosopher King's Court today."

"Poison again? I'll have you know that my superiors in Zull will not approve."

"Poison? Why? And besides, I hear rumors that these Agents are in Parsgadae or Leba as well, one never knows their true location. But our numbers have slowly swelled over the years and our power has grown. With Ships we will be able to cooperate even more closely with Iberios."

"I hear my own rumors about the Agents of Iberios, General, I hear that they pull the strings in this very city."

The General laughs, "Were that the case, I suppose, you would be right to envy their position. Trust me Undershaman, we are loyal soldiers in the Army of the Stones. Today Sails, tomorrow Iron, and the day after that, we shall secure the Rivers. Permanently."

"Sounds like Iberion plots to me."

"Tell me, Undershaman, what is the plan in Zull?"

"In Zull no one is starting a war."

"I am not starting a war, my friend. I will not fight a war. 'Peace in our time' or so they say. But my grandchildren, their children? When the greedy Zorrkanists decide they want a stronger hold they will threaten Peace again. And my children shall train their children to be prepared, and there shall be a large and modern standing army to end that threat once and for all. The Consul of Leba is of the same mind with me on this."

"And the Floof?"

"Floof the Fourth? If you still think that moron is running a massive worldwide scheme then I think that we should re-evaluate your capacity as an advisor."

"Your Librarians, then? You prefer them?"

"We shall learn the secrets of the future."

"And I don't suppose it shall be the good fortune of the Stones that these Librarians should happen to be doves."

The General smiles, "They certainly don't believe that we study medicine."

-

Bonus Story: Cyria's Trader's Quarrel

(Cultural Story: Cyria)

And so the merchant came into the General's Chambers saying "I've been ordered to fulfill a shipment of weapons into Kurdia and I cannot afford the supplies."

The General pondered for a moment and said to his Lord of Merchants, "Provide him with the supplies and make sure the order is fulfilled, under penalty of death."

"As you wish."

Hey,

To: High Priest Koreandre of Persia

I am honored to count you in the ranks of allies. From the accounts of the General's time there, I understand that a group known as Zorkkists have been dealing with the Khanate and causing trouble. I also understand you had them released. Perhaps my swordsmen will have to stay a while longer.

Dp04

To: The Empire of the Heavenly Dragon

I am a high priest of Zorrkanism, there is no need to fear. I do not associate with the Khan. You must mean the Inquisitors. The Inquisitors are foreigners from Satura and while they share our faith I admit that some of their methods might be extreme.

Hey,

To: High Priest Koreandre of Persia

These foreigners from Satura. These western questioners, are now in the Dragon's view. I must ask that you alert my Far General of any Inquisitors that enter your lands.
This is to protect the peace of course.

Dp05

Sudan

The history of Sudan, since the beginning of history, has been tied to that of its northern neighbor; Satura. Emerging during the great noon of Gideon's legendary rule at the dawn of history, Sudan has always been on the very edge of Nule civilization, in constant conflict with Nubians to the north, Seregites to the west and Somalis (relatives to the State of Punt) to the south.

A firm friend and ally with Satura, it is during the end of Pharon's rule that this friendship is strained to its fullest extent. Stone worshippers dominate in Sudan, while violence in Satura is increasing. Many had hoped that the more numerous Stone Worshippers will defeat the Aktenists and confiscate their estates; the arrival of the Zorrkanists led to mass conversion of the Middle Class, dissatisfied by both religions, and with brutal crackdowns on the religious riots the notorious Orangeshirts of Aureas dispersed the dissidents and cast them out, sending them to flee to Sudan.

It would seem that this would be the final straw, but historic ties prove strong. The Zorrkanists developed their theological ideas, and declared Tolerance to be among the Ideas leading to the great Realm. With the influx of aid, Sudan was drawn ever closer, until, when both the Warlord Bumai and the Prime Citizen Aureas learned Saturnese, they signed an agreement vassalizing the Sudanese state.

Under Saturnese overlordship, Sudan prospered. The scientific community, weak despite funding, joined the well learned (if superstitious) researchers of Waset. Trade, assisted by the facilities to the north, boomed, new resources, and their first government-built building, were developed during this time.

As the health of Aureas began fading, the Saturan-Sudanese partnership grows ever stronger, with both parties hoping to stand the test of time until the will become one in body what they were one in soul for a long time- a single nation dominating the Nule.

The Legacy of the Farseer

After the chronology of Kings, represented by Gideon, the Golden Handed, who might be seen as merely the greatest of this line, we come to the time of Pharon the Farseer. This enigmatic figure ruled over twice the length traditionally ascribed to Gideon, alongside his faithful muscle lead by Krunnr and his ever present courtesan, the witty Jocasta.

The time of Gideon at the start of Satura's history is a time of growth and development. The first mines and trade routes were built. The time of the Farseer is a time of conflict and explosive growth, where nearly a dozen of trade routes eventually flourished under his patronage of the merchant class.

Dozens of huge wonders were built, of which the ruins still stand by the shear size they needed to contain the ceaseless commerce. Commerce became nearly four times as effective at generating income, relation ships were established as far west as Tartes and east as Paranaa.

The chronology of Pharon starts with his rise. A consummate alcoholic, his early years sees his insatiable drive for Zulappi beer. In the future, this thirst was, perhaps, quenched by other exotic goods such as dyes, spices, baskets and other goods.

After this, the next notable action of the Farseer is a drive in technology. Arriving at the bronze age just before the Zulappi to the north, their commercial economy was well placed to adjust to the demands of a bronze-age infrastructure. Trade expanded and multiplied, and a series of massive stone buildings across the river from Waset doubled the size of the stone age city and its trade tripled it or even more.

Finally, Pharon presided over a growing split and division over religion. The Faith of the Stones is the first organized religion, and seeing more and more of his people enticed to the so called "Aset-Cult", it seems that the Farseer was forced to establish an official doctrine for Aktenism. In the last years of his life, he and the Persian Theologist Darius co-authored the tract Lore of the Golden Sun, which serves as the key holy book of the controversial religion of Zorrkanism.

So what do we conclude of this figure?

First, it is obvious to say that it cannot be one person. But we do see three distinct phases- why do the legends consider it to be one.

It is because he is seen the same way Gideon was. Pharon the Farseer represented the ruling class of that time. Looking at the palaces of Waset, the line of Gideon still survived, but was subordinated to the ruling power of the Farseer.

If we look on the antiquated meaning of "Pharon", before the establishment of Saturnese, we see that it means "Man of Sunlight". This title, also known as Phos-Aktan, is the title of the ancient High Priest of the Golden Sun.

Thus, while Gideon represented a rule of Kings, Pharon represents the rule of the High Priests of the Golden Sun; it seems even more symbolic, to see that the last act of the Aktenist high priest is to end Orthodox Aktenism in Satura forever.

Laozai

Our dominion and our domain is that of many comforts and luxuries; fine teas, and wines, as well as gems are harvested and consumed by our people and their voracious appetite for happiness and wellness that they seek so much. Indeed, we have poured huge amounts of money into our economic advancement and opportunity, and we have let our nation grow and prosper as the winds of trade blow into the sails and let the ship of prosperity drifts forward. But at the same time, we have become complacent, weak, and pathetic. People to the south believe that soon we may fall and perish due to the Manchu barbarians at our gates, the barbarians that continue strikes and attacks into our nation, no matter how well we fend them off most of the time. We do all we can and yet it is not enough.

It is time for a new dawn, and a new age.

Already, the drums of war and violence beat in Laozai and her outlaying settlements. As the drums of war beat their steady tempo, our forces marshal in the west and the north, poised like a dagger at the throat of an adversary to strike out. For our Emperor, the line of the prosperous Emperors, is gone now, and they must weep, if the dead weep.

I would weep in his place, but I also must hope.

The world turns, the heavens shift, what was, may come again. We must take up the sword and the shield and drive hard at the enemies who would strike at all of us, and tear us apart as they are. We will not be stopped, we will not be halted, we will remake the world to a better place.

Perhaps what we make, shall create something anew, something stronger and better, a new future.

Perhaps.

Hey,

Fu Nin, Boy Cattle Merchant (Trade Good: Beef on the Hoof) :D

"Hoi Ta!" "Hoi Ta!" Fu Nin yelled, swatting the cattle along the bank of the great river. At the waters edge women beat thier wash and children swam. The men sang and worked gathering water for small household gardens.

"Were are you off to this early master Nin?" Said a old man, a local bent low to the ground by the wieght of a giant clay jar on his back. A rope of ceramic cups around his neck hung to his worn sandals.

"Off to the Jangi delta to sell and may be buy cattle." Fu Nin smiled, herding the cattle away from the old man. "I'm going to be a rich man someday and have women beat my clothes." Gaving a little snicker. "And carry the water."

Tg08

Top Bottom