Additional Civilizations (by DJSHenninger)

Ah well, I finally finished the map! I'll probably go back and fix some mistakes with the text and the placement of Osijek later though.

Looks great! Let me know when you have the final version, then. But didnt you mention the Bosnia Vilayet thing was wrong/a mistake? :p Doesnt really matter though.

Ah well, I kinda forgot about that and my license for Photoshop on the creative cloud expired just as I finished (talk about great timing). Oh well, I still have paint tool sai and photosop elements to get stuff done :lol:

It's not the most modern, but I think Adobe is still giving away Photoshop 2 for free.

Alrighty, I managed to get fix and finish the map. I just enlarged Austria's name a bit, tweaked the map title and went with the names on the reference map (hopefully it shouldn't be too much of a problem) and moved Osijek to the right position.

Attachments

• civmap_CROATIA.png
    civmap_CROATIA.png
    285.3 KB · Views: 63
Alrighty, I managed to get fix and finish the map. I just enlarged Austria's name a bit, tweaked the map title and went with the names on the reference map (hopefully it shouldn't be too much of a problem) and moved Osijek to the right position.

Thanks, nice job :D

Would this be better than the current Tomislav art?

Spoiler :

He looks .. off. But still, I suppose anything's better than the current art.. right? xD
First time I attempted a 2D-collage style leader scene. Too bad the screenshot quality was rather low and the size rather small.

I'd definitely make the face smaller on his head.

Lol true, that's it! :p I made it somewhat smaller, what do you think (previous post)? It looks better, but maybe a little bit smaller would be even better.

Hmm, can't seem to find where Targu Saratii and Palada are on Moldavia's list.

Theirs is weird, most of it is in Romania when there's plenty of good bigger places in Moldova itself!

Although it's the Principality of Moldavia and not today's Moldova. That may be why the list seems weird. I don't know which citiy names I exactly used, cant really check them right now either :p

This probably means I will have to prod at compiling a new one for them. :p

On another note, Montenegro's icon shows their second color as a muted brown, but in-game it's very definitely a bright orange. Intentional, or...?

This probably means I will have to prod at compiling a new one for them. :p

On another note, Montenegro's icon shows their second color as a muted brown, but in-game it's very definitely a bright orange. Intentional, or...?

I believe I used this as a reference.

Oh no that's not intentional.. :p I'd probably have to adjust a lot of colours, since I didn't use a subtle way to try to match the icon's colours to the in-game colours.

Ahh, gotcha. That is a good map! I am sad I never found it, but yes, everything seems in order! Happiness.

It seems a lot of your civs could use updating, they're all showing up as V1 for me! You might have to pester people for art and rename stuff. (also Canada has like five unique buildings, Tim Horton's is a little silly! At least CL had the Avro Arrow just a cosmetic easter egg :p)

Also Serbia, Nepal, and both Yugoslavia's have super similar color schemes! fix iiiiit

Ahh, gotcha. That is a good map! I am sad I never found it, but yes, everything seems in order! Happiness.

It seems a lot of your civs could use updating, they're all showing up as V1 for me! You might have to pester people for art and rename stuff. (also Canada has like five unique buildings, Tim Horton's is a little silly! At least CL had the Avro Arrow just a cosmetic easter egg :p)

Also Serbia, Nepal, and both Yugoslavia's have super similar color schemes! fix iiiiit

Oh the Canada things are just optional. People requested it, so why not? Haha. The best artists are most likely way too busy and I want to do everything myself anyway. How else would I improve my skills? :p

But to be honest, I'm not really tempted to make more civs or even update existing ones. First because I lack the time and I would rather do other things in my spare time :p And second because there are plenty of new and old modders releasing HQ civs every week. They'll cover everything, eventually.

Yugoslavia and Serbia have the same colours because I didn't think anyone would play with them simultaneously.

Updated Algeria:
- simplified code
- new Abdelkader icon
- Changed UB effect somewhat

Algeria

Spoiler :
Available versions: BNW

Emphasized on: Faith (primary) | Defensive Warfare (primary)

Leader: Abdelkader El Djezairi
UA: Saint among the Princes - Cities gain extra Defensive Combat Strength based on total Faith output. Strategic Resources on Desert provide double quantity.

UB: Zawiya. Replaces the University. Extra effect(s):
> For every different terrain type adjacent to the first City it is built, it provides +1 Faith and +5% Great People generation.

UU: Dey. Replaces the Great General. Extra effect(s):
> May construct a Ksar instead of a Citadel. This improvement is the same as a Citadel (cultural borders expansion, defense bonus), except it may be constructed outside friendly borders. It also inflicts more damage to nearby units than a Citadel.
> Defensive buildings contribute to the generation of Deys
> A Ksar may not be built on resources

Notes:
Terrain types affected by Zawiya: Coast, Grassland, Plains, Desert, Tundra, Snow, Mountain
Cities gain +2 Defensive Combat Strength per 10 Faith points. Capped at 100 Faith per turn (+20 Combat Strength)
Defensive buildings (Walls, Castles, Arsenals, Military Bases) generate Deys at 2 pts per turn. 1 pt per turn is apparently too low, since other great people will be born earlier and increase the Dey's threshold. After 246 turns I still didn't have a single Dey generated.

Credits:
Ksar uses Red Fort graphics made possible by Ekmek!
Dey: Age of Empires III
Abdelkader: Hocine Ziani

Download:
BNW version (Mediafire)

What all qualifies as different terrain types? Does that only mean like, desert, plains, grassland, tundra, snow, and coast, or does it also include, say, jungle, flood plains, forest, marsh, lakes, mountains, natural wonders, and so on?

That's definitely going to be more powerful on the rather blender-ly Communitas maps than the more heavily regional default ones. :o

What all qualifies as different terrain types? Does that only mean like, desert, plains, grassland, tundra, snow, and coast, or does it also include, say, jungle, flood plains, forest, marsh, lakes, mountains, natural wonders, and so on?

That's definitely going to be more powerful on the rather blender-ly Communitas maps than the more heavily regional default ones. :o

Terrain types affected by Zawiya: Coast, Grassland, Plains, Desert, Tundra, Snow, Mountain. So no features involved :p Could also diversify the bonuses if the UB would be OP, but then it wouldn't exactly facilitate the UA.

Top Bottom