Advanced Nukes Mod

Hi, was wondering if this mod is compatible with ROM 2.91 ... so is it ?
thanks

Already incorporated into AND. You can just go to Custom Setup and just unclick everything except for ANM and bingo you will have a modmod that have this mod here plus speed optimizations as provided by Afforess :D. Can't beat this "best of both worlds" :lol:.

The last release is really compatible with RoM 2.81 and later so it would technically be compatible with RoM 3.0 when it comes out. It's in AND because it's a finished product and won't need major updates anytime soon. However I was thinking of a time-freezing nuke once The Ascent of Mankind: Temporal Tampering mini mod is released which will be a while.

The last release is really compatible with RoM 2.81 and later so it would technically be compatible with RoM 3.0 when it comes out. It's in AND because it's a finished product and won't need major updates anytime soon. However I was thinking of a time-freezing nuke once The Ascent of Mankind: Temporal Tampering mini mod is released which will be a while.

Time-freezing nuke? I would love to see that.

Then again, I would love to see a nuke that throws everything in it's Area of Effect back a 1000 years or turns. :D

Through Python it would be easy enough to give all units a promo to not be able to attack or carry out ANY moves, all cities caught in the radius would have their assets frozen (food, hammers, science, culture, etc) for X amount of turns however thinking back I can imagine a few loop holes such as opportunity fire (if enabled it's carried out by other python codes autonomously)

Through Python it would be easy enough to give all units a promo to not be able to attack or carry out ANY moves, all cities caught in the radius would have their assets frozen (food, hammers, science, culture, etc) for X amount of turns however thinking back I can imagine a few loop holes such as opportunity fire (if enabled it's carried out by other python codes autonomously)

Also, do these units still defend or can they capture the useless city undefended, capture the defenders before they unfreeze, and so on. If they can still defend, they're not really "frozen" and etc.

The frozen units would be given -100% attack and defense so it's a sure k.o. but I can't really have them captured, there's a lot of loopholes about the whole idea I know, but I'm pretty sure when the time comes (if Civ5 hasn't been released by then) I'll find a way through python to make it more 'realistic' (even though freezing time isn't really realistic to begin with :lol:)

The frozen units would be given -100% attack and defense so it's a sure k.o. but I can't really have them captured, there's a lot of loopholes about the whole idea I know, but I'm pretty sure when the time comes (if Civ5 hasn't been released by then) I'll find a way through python to make it more 'realistic' (even though freezing time isn't really realistic to begin with :lol:)

Would it be possible to make a "Stasis" Bomb that put the city into revolt (or something similar to freeze production), makes it so the surrounding tiles are covered with a temperoary feature that makes them impassable for a certain time, and weaken units inside the field?

Would it be possible to make a "Stasis" Bomb that put the city into revolt (or something similar to freeze production), makes it so the surrounding tiles are covered with a temperoary feature that makes them impassable for a certain time, and weaken units inside the field?

For city asset freezing a temporary building that sucks up everything would be more fitting than a revolt since a revolt would result in unwanted rebellions. It would be possible for the nuke to put out a feature that would make the square impassible but no way of affecting the units standing on them unless they're locked in(i.e. a unit on the edge of the AoE could easily walk out) unless the feature gives those units a promotion as well to not move and have 0 attack/defense. Again the idea is riddled with holes, any inbound bombardment and/or outbound opportunity fire would be able to pass the restrictions.

Unbelievable as it may be, I've made and uploaded Advanced Nukes Mod's younger brother mod: Advanced Missiles Mod before the modding tools have been released.

Advanced Missiles Mod is for Civ V as what ANM was for Civ IV and RoM/AND. Since the modding tools have not been released yet, AMM v1.0 will be the only mod from me until then. As AMM v1.0 is only the ICBM at an astronomical price of 1800 base cost (actual in game cost will vary on game speed.) I say astronomical as the most pricey thing in the original Civ V game in the way of units is the GDR at 1000 and the Nuclear Missile at 1200. Such a unit would not only take up space in your cities for great people/workers (since they're not considered as regular movable units, they're classified with the GP and workers) but clutter your cities until you release them. So it's wise to build them when you know your targets. Also, since adding more units may require adding more technologies and ultimately the modding tools, the ICBM shares the same tech as the Nuclear Missile and oddly enough doesn't require Satellites as well. As of yet no units or buildings require two technologies in Civ V and in that respect I am rather annoyed and must wait for the modding tools to perfect it and add other units.

One large reason it's named AMM instead of ANM v3 or something similar is because I will be dealing with more than just nukes this time. Hopefully I'll get around to the industrial era with such artillery as the Chlorine shells, chemical bombs, etc. On top of that I'd thought it to be appropriate if it had a similar name but not the exact same one.

For the AMM thread and download, see my sig.

hey on my game when i go to use the nukes its all screwed up i cant load tactical nukes onto boats or move them from city to city and both fusions work only as a icbm would. peacemaker is sweet. the bio nukes act as though they are icbms also. the nukes that arent tactical but still short range, their range is screwed up in some spots its like 30 tiles in others only 2 away sounds great but can you plz fix these things

hey on my game when i go to use the nukes its all screwed up i cant load tactical nukes onto boats or move them from city to city and both fusions work only as a icbm would. peacemaker is sweet. the bio nukes act as though they are icbms also. the nukes that arent tactical but still short range, their range is screwed up in some spots its like 30 tiles in others only 2 away sounds great but can you plz fix these things

This mod is not to be downloaded actually, it comes automatically in both AND and C2C and is not a standalone. If you were to download it separately and try to install it that way it will fail to do some things. You can activate it by selecting custom game then scroll down and check Advanced Nukes in the options list. If you have downloaded it separately, I would advise a clean re-install of AND or C2C (Which ever you are using) and not bother installing this separately since it will be automatically installed with the larger packs. The last version I had released was perfectly stable and working smoothly. If you had not installed this separately then I would ask about it on the host mod's thread.

i installed this separately should i have put it in the modules folder or merged the whole thing with ROM

i installed this separately should i have put it in the modules folder or merged the whole thing with ROM

It should already be in RoM. However you need to run a Custom Game to activate it for any "Play Now" games. Select "Custom Game", scroll down the options in the lower panel and check the "Advanced Nukes" option to turn it on.

Erm, It's not in RoM actually. ANM was made incompatible with RoM when its dependence on AND was declared. This mod is already in AND and incompatible with RoM, so I suggest you get the AND lite or full to play with these nukes.

oh k thanks why is there a ROM link on the page and why is this forum in ROM modmod section
thats why i thought it was ROM
thanks ill try AND

hey guys,
is there a way to get ANM to work without "A New Dawn" / C2C ?
Maybe extract out of "A New Dawn" and then remove AND?

Top Bottom