Advice on Cultural Victory Emperor->Diety?

Trogdor561

Chieftain
Just had my first emperor cultural victory with Monty, started with a great salt start, grew huge capital city, grabbed a nice petra spot for my second city, got a third city, then started puppeting, took over another capital and just puppeted from there. I could have won any of the VC's, now I want to step it up for deity. Deity I get invaded and die every time. What do I need to step my game up?

Just had my first emperor cultural victory with Monty, started with a great salt start, grew huge capital city, grabbed a nice petra spot for my second city, got a third city, then started puppeting, took over another capital and just puppeted from there. I could have won any of the VC's, now I want to step it up for deity. Deity I get invaded and die every time. What do I need to step my game up?

The real big step from Emperor to Immortal (Bigger for deity, I would not recommend it, I am still on immortal myself). Is the fact that you HAVE to build 5-6 units to begin with, you cannot focus on building structures in your capital and just hit next turn to see it growing like hell.

You cannot afford to go to turn 60+ without AT LEAST 4 units of archers, the AI will declare war on you just because your are next to them and they want your land so bad.

At the beginning it will feel like you are behind because you are putting so much time and gold on an early army, but you cannot handle immortal/deity without it, I also recommend that you play aggressively in the beginning, don't let your enemies invade you, bring the war to them, don't let them spam units and concentrate on your borders and then just invade you, declare war early, kill their units, steal their workers and settlers.

Top Bottom