African Egyptians

African Egyptians 2

Kahotep

Warlord
Kahotep submitted a new resource:

African Egyptians - Switches the Egyptian civilization's ethnicity to African.

This simple mod switches the ancient Egyptian civilization's ethnicity from Mediterranean to African, since it is supposed to represent the indigenous pre-Islamic culture. So far I have been able to change the appearance of unit icons in the interface so they look darker-skinned, but I am not sure if the graphics of the actual units themselves have been affected as well.

Read more about this resource...

Kahotep updated African Egyptians with a new update entry:

Fixed a compatibility issue with the Poland DLC

After testing my mod with the Poland DLC enabled, I noticed that the architecture sets of all civilizations other than Egypt got screwed up. I observed that the problem was not in my original mod but in the files for the Poland DLC (specifically its Culture.artdef file). Therefore, I've included an unofficial patch for the offending DLC file that should make it compatible with my own mod.

What you must do is:

1) Move the Poland_DLC_Cultures.artdef file from this mod's Artdefs...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Does the mod also change back to vanilla in the Medieval period when Egypt does become Islamic? (because for some reason people get a lighter skin tone when they convert to Islam)

I thought most Northern African people are not black? In fact they are quite light skinned.

Most are. ANCIENT Egypt was crossing road, and there Nubians and Kuhorsehockyes, but also Hellenistic Greeks, but mostly the tan-skinned, straight-black-haired people typical of the Modern North Africa and Middle East. However, though I don't want to assume for sure, or make allegations, there is a certain aspect of historical revisionism in Pan-African and Black Power called the "Black Egypt" thing, which is, if I didn't know any better, seemingly what this looks like here. But, I don't want to make an outright assumption on motive, especially outside the OT sub-forums.

Top Bottom