AfricanManBeast

Chieftain
The Republic of Biafra was a secessionist state from Nigeria. It's attempted secession to create a nation-state for the Igbos of Southeast Nigeria who were discriminated against from the other ethnic groups. Biafra's attempted secession from Nigeria eventually embroiled it and Nigeria in a civil war from 1967-1970 in which the Biafrans ultimately lost. Although lost, the world was shocked at the fierce determination of the Igbos to not give in to the overwhelmingly superior Nigerian military.

The secessionist state Biafra led by Colonel Ojukwu joins in a shocking display to compete against other civilizations and see if it will stand the test of time!

Leader: Colonel Odumegwu Ojukwu

Trait: Igboland Riches - The environment and resources of Igboland are enjoyed and utilized by the Igbo people. Oil resources provide double the quantity. Unhappiness from population is reduced by 25%

Unique Units:

Biafra Baby - A weaker Fighter unit that grants Golden Age Points for each kill. Can move after purchase.

Ogbunigwe Infantry - A special Infantry unit. Although weaker, has the ability to lay hidden landmines that kill any ground unit.

*Special Thanks to FramedArchitecture for allowing me to incorporate his Landmine mod into my unique unit*

Compatibility:
Ingame Editor
Civ IV Diplomatic Features
Health and Plague

*I'm working on making the mod compatible with other popular mods such as YNAEMP, Community Balance Patch, Sukritact's Events and Decisions etc. I'll fix that in the next update*

Known Problems/Bugs:
Unique Unit flag doesn't show in strategic mode
Alpha Icon is messed up in World Congress interface
Possible typos.

This is my very first mod. I'm a noob modder and I only hope to get better. Thanks for viewing and trying it out! More civs and projects to come!

Download:

Steam Link

I'm also attaching the mod file as well (It's a bit updated, had to fix typos etc.)

Attachments

• (BNW) Republic of Biafra (v 1).civ5mod
    1.3 MB · Views: 383
Congrats on the release!

Top Bottom