Age of Imperialism: 1895-1924 PBEM

Multiple Spanish Ships sunk in the Mediterranean.

Artillery/naval bombardment redlines defenders of Cartagena, French troops defeat them without any casualties, Cartagena falls.

More bombardment takes place in Santander but is largely ineffectual, no assault takes place this turn.

France assumes governance of Chongqing from Russia and sends the city of Port Franqui to Germany.

GPS to Russia

German administration set up in Port Franqui. Tsingtao handed over to Russian authorities.

Peace is established again with the British Empire. Italy did not yet accept Mogadishu?! Have there still been Abyssinian insurgents in the area?!

GPS to Eclipse, 1900, Wk29

Italy is skipped, It may possibly be set back to AI next turn.

Hmm, I have retreated my troops next to the last remaining Italian city this turn... I could as well have ended it's misery here and now... -- Should we perhaps do this (instead of having an AI playing on with one single city...)?! Could also help with the crash issue.

(Or does Italy still have cities outside Africa? I didn't check.)

I have the turn but please don't skip me, I ran out of on duty hours 14, I have 10 off to sleep and 8+ hours to make it home. Sometimes it is that way. I'll play tomorrow night.

Ps I'm so glad this game is still going! Also about 5 years ago I planned to host a game called "No treasures for Pirates" but I didn't because the Civopedia was incomplete but I've recently discovered it isn't as incomplete as I assumed and back then my PC crashed but I believe that was less than a Pentium 1, I'd bet everyone has had at least 2 upgrades since then. I'd like to offer you guys first opportunity to join. Unfortunately all slots must be played by a human because the AI can't handle immense options this "mod" has to offer. Click on my Avatar to see my recent post there or eventually it will be in my Sig

Sent from my IPhone

France assumes governance of Chongqing from Russia and sends the city of Port Franqui to Germany.

German administration set up in Port Franqui. Tsingtao handed over to Russian authorities.

Wow, what a whimsical geopolitical reshuffling.

Japan has nothing to report but a lot to think about... :think:

Week 29, 1900 - GPS to Britain/Juriel (apologies for the delay - I was on a course in Durban and couldn't use the other half's laptop)

Portugal
Spanish steam transport sunk off Canary Islands. Pacification of Madrid continues but troops are unable to safely enter the city for peace-keeping activities.

Italy
Italian citizens lined the streets of Hurdiyo today to welcome the bedraggled and exhausted but heroic remains of the Italian cavalry, all but wiped out in the process of retaking the city.

Italy's diplomatic processes continue to be frustrated, and Mogadishu remains under the protection of German troops.

The crash seems to continue to affect the trade, I'm afraid, Lanzelot. I just cleared the table and it allowed me to play the turn - I then sent a new trade offer for a peace treaty before finishing the turn, so that maybe if we are at peace it will get around the crash if you subsequently offer Mogadishu to Italy.

Italy still has two other cities, plus Hurdiyo which was recaptured this turn. I'm happy with whatever people want to do with Italy; as an ally of Britain in the game, while I'm still playing as Italy I will endeavour to call on the international community to protect the rump of my empire in the face of any aggression (fully acknowledging the hypocrisy of this in the face of my invasion of Abyssinia, but there's no colonialism without a bit of hypocrisy...), but if people think this causes the game to suffer as a result, I'm happy to hand over Italy to its fate.

I apologize for the delay

Nothing to report for The Dutch empire.

Spanish ST sunk in the Red Sea.

More bombardment of Santander, one MG battalion killed and one French Infantry dies.

GPS to Russia

Hi guys,
I hope someone can help me: I tried to set up AoI on a new computer and used the scenario files from El Justo's AoI thread (as linked in the first post of this thread).

But when I load the .sav, I get

I read the latest updates in the AoI thread and noticed that El Justo has done some more work on this just recently in January. (There is no longer a link to the 4.1 .bic file, only a new one called AoI5.0.) Perhaps this is causing the trouble?

Does someone still have links to the scenario files that were used to start this game? Otherwise you will have to wait till Sunday, when I get back home. (Still have AoI 4.1 set up on my usual computer, where I usually play my PBEMs.)

Sorry for the delay, Lanzelot

Attachments

• load_error.png
    load_error.png
    91.5 KB · Views: 410
Hi guys,
I hope someone can help me: I tried to set up AoI on a new computer and used the scenario files from El Justo's AoI thread (as linked in the first post of this thread).

But when I load the .sav, I get

I read the latest updates in the AoI thread and noticed that El Justo has done some more work on this just recently in January. (There is no longer a link to the 4.1 .bic file, only a new one called AoI5.0.) Perhaps this is causing the trouble?

Does someone still have links to the scenario files that were used to start this game? Otherwise you will have to wait till Sunday, when I get back home. (Still have AoI 4.1 set up on my usual computer, where I usually play my PBEMs.)

Sorry for the delay, Lanzelot
I have the folder zipped and backed up on my external HD at home, if you have not resolved this I will upload it to my "cloud" and send you the link.

Ps are you sure your folder isn't in a folder and its in the right folder?

Yep, it was in the right folder, I'm pretty sure I did the installation exactly like I did last time. Looks like El Justo did some work on the units that was "incompatible" to the version that this game was started with 4 years ago...

But I got lucky: I found my original files on my old USB stick, which I happened to have with me on my trip... I unzipped that -- and the game loaded ok...! :whew:

Peace negotiations with Italy now finally under way.

GPS to Eclipse, Wk 33, 1900

Top Bottom