Age of Imperialism: 1895-1924 PBEM

Weeks ago USA reported the Chilean country seized USA'a Pago Paga, since then I have dispatched a force to retake it and arriving there we find the British Empire has a force there either to take it for themselves or inhibit my forces from landing. Make no mistake Pago Pago will be mine again.

Sent to Tigranes

GPS to Juriel/Britain

Portugal supports France's efforts to subdue the rogue Spanish city of Santander, risking the lives of several battalions of Portuguese cavalry. Unfortunately, despite the exemplary efforts of our troops (including the decoration of the war hero, Anîbal Milhais), the city remains in rebel hands. However, we anticipate order to be restored in the very near future, and thank France for their help in this difficult time.

Italy concludes peace negotiations with Germany, and looks forward to the peaceful transfer of Mogadishu back into Italian control. In a desperate move, several Italian infantry battalions assault the Abyssinian city of Adawa. We also thank our former foes, the Ottoman Empire, for reparations and developmental aid.

I've asked for the files to be sent forward. I'm unable to play files or skip at the moment. My computer has seen better days. I'm currently using a graphics card which is older than me and it won't open game programs due to small screen resolution and possibly also due to being black and white. I'm also going to be switching to a new email address because as some of you may remember mine has had issues in the past.

Sorry guys, I've been really busy with work - I played the turn and sent it to Britain a while back, but Tom asked me to skip Britain and send it to Turkey back on 14/4/16.

Juries, have you had a chance to play or shall I forward it on?

I've attached the save in case anyone wants to take it forward!

Attachments

• Italy-Wk33-1900.SAV
    1.3 MB · Views: 281
I think this game is nearly dead. The two last turns I played were feb 29 and mar 21. One turn per month is not interesting...

K I just went through and held spacebar (for like a good 4-5 minutes :eek:), promise I didn't look at anything and I think this goes on to the Ottomans now.

Attachments

• Victoria of the British, Wk 33 1900 AD.SAV
    1.2 MB · Views: 219
GPS to Lowland countries.

In case Tom Yo can't play it, I have attached save here, so someone can skip it, if necessary.

Maybe folks who often find it impossible to play within reasonable time frame could provied substitues who could jump in whenever needed.

Attachments

• Franz Josef I of the Austrians, Wk 37 1900 AD.SAV
    1.2 MB · Views: 192
Does anyone besides TomYo have the admin pwd?

Perhaps we should do a quick poll about who is still determined to play this on a somewhat regular basis, and then eliminate the rest of the nations, e.g. by switching them to AI. This is a great scenario, but one turn every two months destroys the fun of it a bit... Better to continue it with 4-5 players who are serious about it, than with 8 players of which 3-4 no longer care.

Perhaps we should do a quick poll about who is still determined to play this on a somewhat regular basis, and then eliminate the rest of the nations, e.g. by switching them to AI. This is a great scenario, but one turn every two months destroys the fun of it a bit... Better to continue it with 4-5 players who are serious about it, than with 8 players of which 3-4 no longer care.

I agree, and I wish to continue.

The problem is that 4 or 5 players in a game like AOI is too few and removes the dynamics of what makes this scenario in particular fun for a pbem. I think we should call it here also. This will free the remaining players up to commit to a new game if they like, of this or any mod. And that game can be held to the 48 hour rule.

Ugh, that's truly a shame. I'd have been down to continue, although I'm also of the opinion 4-5 players isn't enough to make a scenario like this worthwhile.

That gives us Lanzelot, Jarovid, BT, Eclipse, and me that would still play if we can maintain enough players. We should see what Tigranes and Acronym say and take it from there. MacGalleo, it's a shame to see you go but can understand why. Then we would need to either find replacements for Russia and Britain or make them AI and figure out how we're going to dismember them. We will need the admin password if Tomyo is unable to play, and figure out how to skip turns correctly with the multi-player tool.

Top Bottom