AH Forum?

das

Regeneration In Process
I suggest that there will be a sub-forum for Alternative Histories. After all, every historian asks hismelf, what could have been if that, or that...

If you had put this in Site Feedback, the people in chg would have taken notice. ;)

As for now, wait till some mod move it.

Although personally I doubt we need one since the present history forum can hold any AH thread with ease.

I'd suggest starting and maintaining an "Alternate History" thread in the World History forum. Even put the Alternate subject in the thread title to help people spot it quick, Yes? :)

Originally posted by starlifter
I'd suggest starting and maintaining an "Alternate History" thread in the World History forum. Even put the Alternate subject in the thread title to help people spot it quick, Yes? :)
That woudl be good - alternate history is a hobby (quote wife: 'obsession') of mine, I'd be happy to join in where I have something useful to contribute - US history after 1800 ain't my strong point though!

I have permitted several threads of this type on the history forum, in fact, almost any history thread at one point or another delves into the realm of "what if".

No sub forum is needed, I don't believe (and I LOATHE sub-forums).

This sounds suspiciously like xeven's demand for a creative writing forum. I don't see the need even for a subforum exploring the possibilities of alternative history and agree with starlifter: if you start one that proves a huge success then maybe TF might think about it but for the moment I think your chances are very slim.

Okay now it's easy. There are several players, they choose a POD, agree on special rules, and then each oen does, for example 3 years.

EXAMPLE:

Joe:

1805 - French win battles at Trafalgar and Austerlitz.

1806 - French land in Ireland to help the local rebels. Peace Treaty is signed in Pressburg ridding Austria of several poccessions in Germany and Italy, and bringing Holy ROman Empire to it's end.

1807 - Irish and French win at Londerry, right after Army of Kingdom of Ireland is formed.

Igor:

1808 - Much of Ireland is liberated. Bertieu becoems King of Ireland.

1809 - Prussian campaign: Russians and Prussians are defeated by Napoleon and treaty of Tilsit is signed.

1810 - British are finally exepeleld from Ireland.

And so and so...

If your interested in Alternate Histories goto the NES Forum in the Civ3-Stories section. They have nothing to do with Civ3 but for some reason are put there??

The link is in my sig. if you want, we're always looking for new members to play!:goodjob:

Originally posted by Dexter
If your interested in Alternate Histories goto the NES Forum in the Civ3-Stories section. They have nothing to do with Civ3 but for some reason are put there??

The link is in my sig. if you want, we're always looking for new members to play!:goodjob:
Hmm, maybe NES should be a sub forum of OT!! Right A? ;)
I think NES is there b/c they are stories about Civ3 games, or started that way at least.

I will resist ANY sub-forum in the areas of my responcibility.

They look ugly and many ignore them unless they are hardcore into the subject.

Why the Loathing?

Come to the Diplomacy Sub-Forum, where stabbings and interesting press releases abound!

P.S. AoA I think you would like Diplomacy anyway, as you seem the Old Grognard type.:)

Furthermore, I think the "What If" threads do the job quite nicely... SubForums really NEED the interest to warrant the "Ugliness" *sob* ;)

I had not realized there even were sub-forums at CFC.

But even a wildly successful thread, like "This Song's For You" does not alone justify a Forum or Sub Forum, IMHO. The World history forum, while successful, certainly does not have enough active threads to make one unable to easily spot some "What If.." threads. :)

Top Bottom