Ah, the nostalgia....

do your calculations take into account the infrastructure improvements your horde of workers will be creating and the boost to research that will give you?

How about steals?

Seems to me that you can start moving a force over to take out babylon now? I mean, they can't take out babylon now, but you can start moving them over while still at peace, no?

How about steals? or buying techs for gpt?

with 40 workers, if all you do with them is an unworked tile, every 4 turns or so you should be adding another 40 gpt to your commerce! probably not actually that much, with corruption, but still, that's a fair amount of commerce to add.

do your calculations take into account the infrastructure improvements your horde of workers will be creating and the boost to research that will give you?
It's pretty hard to take everything into account, that's why I asked for a second opinion here. :) The decision will ultimately be mine, true. It's true that my workers will improve my GPT soon, I have to take care of my core. There is some jungle in the northwest, I think that one will have lowest priority as it's filled with size 1 and 2 cities.

How about steals?
That could be a good idea, but I must calculate if it's actually cheaper to steal than to research. And I have to be careful from who I'm stealing, I don't want to risk right now a war with Greece. ;)

Seems to me that you can start moving a force over to take out babylon now? I mean, they can't take out babylon now, but you can start moving them over while still at peace, no?
Theoretically I could, my city is right near them, and it would help against flipping, but I have nothing to transport them with. As I told you my fleet is almost inexistent. :lol:

How about steals? or buying techs for gpt?
That stupid MPP and probably other mistakes of mine ruined my rep, and the other civs won't accept GPT deals except if it's a peace deal (and I'm clearly winning). So unfortunately I won't get anything with GPT deals...

with 40 workers, if all you do with them is an unworked tile, every 4 turns or so you should be adding another 40 gpt to your commerce! probably not actually that much, with corruption, but still, that's a fair amount of commerce to add.
Yes, but considering I have to build lots of roads first, it will take some time just to land the workers to the tile, then probably road it in 1 turn, if I use more than one on a tile.

I played about 12 more turns.... I see a slight difference in my core, don't you? ;)

Huge image:
Spoiler :

I just discovered the AI is not MUCH ahead me!! :eek: This is great.

Once I finish the current Galleon in Veii, I will start moving my troops. I don't have enough transports right now.... :( I have all the transports full, yet 5 cavs and 2 cannons can't be transported right now, and Rome is producing a cav each 2 turns... (it's so close to producing one a turn, that I feel like biting my nails! It has 71 shields per turn and a cav costs 80!! :wallbash: If it would have been a tile away from it's current location, it would have been an Iron Works city!)

I currently have about 65 workers (remember when I had 7 workers... 15 turns ago? :D), and about 20 cavs ready to be transported. I also have a leader, that I'll use to make a cav army... do you think this is enough to start the attack? Anyway, I will wait 2 turns for my galleon to complete, I will load cavs into it, I will transport everything to Hyderabad, and this will take about 5 turns. I'm only afraid that Babylon has Infantries in all their cities... I hope not! I don't want to fight 5 Infantries for every city, my cavs won't match them. Should I wait and build more cavs? (I build a bit less than a cav every turn)... something like 2 cavs every 3 turns.

I have an idiotic city placement, but I made it myself... when I was a noob. ;) I could get a whole lot more production with the lands I have right now.

What do you think? Should I attack? Should I wait?

The mass AI ironclad navies were a feature of Civ3 vanilla, even on the lower levels. In one of my early saves, a warlord huge map pangea game, the Greeks had a massive Ironclad navy. During my war with them they swarmed an island continent I owned bomarding the tile improvements, effectively weakening the productive capacities of those cities.

This is one feature I think vanilla had over C3C. And C3C naval AI bombardment tends to focus on hitting cities where the only damage done is unit HP, even if the AI has no units nearby to capitalize on damaged defenders.

I've got a surprise for you, ladies and gentlemen! [party]

This turned out totally different to what I had in mind. This was not my intention, at all!

I'll post more details tomorrow, I'm a bit tired from playing this, and it's almost 1 AM.

The most important thing is: Persia declared war on me! For absolutely no reason!! Maybe it was the city, Hyderabad, near their city that shared the island with it which made them declare.... luckily I was just getting my troops out of there, I don't want to think what would have happened if that city defended with a warrior, after falling to the 3 Persian cavs that came for it would have caused the loss of 16 Cavs and 4 Galleons! :eek:

So they declared war. Then I suddenly changed all my objectives. I captured Ghulaman and Ergili, which were extremely important for the invasion. And from there, I pushed east and southeast. :D I was extremely lucky Greece declared war on them. Without that, I probably wouldn't have made it. However, I was annoyed when Babylon also allied with Greece (they had an MPP...) and declared war.

When I was moving to capture Persepolis, I noticed something: it had the Sun Tzu Art of War! So that's why the Persians were SOOOO STRONG! Imagine what means Sun Tzu + All tiles railroaded + an average of 2-3 infantries for each city! :eek:

Here are some pictures...

MY core:
Spoiler :

PERSIAN core:
Spoiler :

The current world map:

My score:
Spoiler :

You can easily see when I took this game again, and when I finished the consolidation phase.

My power:
Spoiler :

The big decrease I had when I initaly played the game again is due to all the disbands I did.. I had way too many warriors and spearmen! The graph after that reflects my real power.

Thank you for all your help. I will continue playing this. I'm hoping for a Conquest victory, but I don't know if I'll have time. I hope!

Top Bottom