AI selection and AI performance

Psychodad

Chieftain
I always play with random AI opponents but i mostly see the same faces: Kuriates, Calabim, Sidar, Bannor, Amurites, Doviello, Lanun, Dural, Austrin. I never see Elves, Dwarf, Jonatar, Fey, Undead, etc. Something wrong with the RNG?

The Performance of the AI differs very much. Kuriates always do very well. Sidar and Bannor mostly do. Doviello never.

Whitch oponets would you suggest to get an exiting competing game?

Xtended divides the maps into several regions. Each region is home to several civs, thus you will only see one of these civs (chosen randomly). For the example, Sheaim, Aristarkh and Scion are native of one region (in game code: PLANE_HELL).

Ljosalvar, Aos Si, Clan of Embers and Mazatl native to another region (PLANE_LOTHLORIEN). So you will meet one or two of them in the grass/forested/jungle region of the map. If you have a game without one of them, then there is something wrong with your game.

Or maybe, it is regulated by mapscript? As I have said, I do not have deep knowledge on mapscript and usually just use Lakes or Pangaea.

---
It is interesting to hear that Doviello does not fare well in your games. What had happened with them? Destroyed early by another civ? Destroyed by the Barbarians? Any particular turn when this happens?

I'd love to hear more of your thought on differences in performance between the civs.

Top Bottom