AirAsia flight 8501 missing

I dont think it is a coincidence that two airliners disappear in such a short time.

Two. In under 12 months.

This is plainly evidence of an alien lizard conspiracy. Shooting airplanes out of the sky with their laser eyes.

I put this one down to bad weather (+ some systems failure, perhaps), though. And the one before to a bonkers pilot.

I wonder if the media will make this breaking news 24-7 for the next five weeks like they did the last time a southeast asian airliner disappeared.

I wonder if the media will make this breaking news 24-7 for the next five weeks like they did the last time a southeast asian airliner disappeared.

If it takes five weeks (or more) to find this one it probably should be breaking news. WTF is going on in the world that we are losing airliners? Planes crash. That's part of aviation, unfortunately. But 120 foot aircraft aren't supposed to just disappear.

Two. In under 12 months.

This is plainly evidence of an alien lizard conspiracy. Shooting airplanes out of the sky with their laser eyes.

I put this one down to bad weather (+ some systems failure, perhaps), though. And the one before to a bonkers pilot.

How mature of you when about 200 people died.

Not fixed very well. This one is an Air Asia airliner. Air Asia is partially owned by Malaysia Airlines, but the lost plains don't technically have the same owner.

Err, AirAsia is a Malaysian airliner. Malaysia is a country, not just referring to Malaysian Airlines, obviously.

Err, AirAsia is a Malaysian airliner. Malaysia is a country, not just referring to Malaysian Airlines, obviously.

Ah. I didn't get that Air Asia is based in Malaysia...I was thinking Indonesia for some reason.

Anyway, plane found in the Java Sea is the latest according to my local news.

The plane was flying from Indonesia, and some people said that the plane was operated by Indonesians. I dunno if they're just referring to the fact that the crew is Indonesian.

To be fair, though, AirAsia is run very differently from Malaysian Airlines and they may not deserve any blame for this. But if one is going to refer to another _____ plane disappearing, then the more accurate word would be 'Malaysian', rather than 'Asian' or even 'Southeast Asian', which are big places and don't really deserve such labelling in these incidents.

The plane was flying from Indonesia, and some people said that the plane was operated by Indonesians. I dunno if they're just referring to the fact that the crew is Indonesian.

To be fair, though, AirAsia is run very differently from Malaysian Airlines and they may not deserve any blame for this. But if one is going to refer to another _____ plane disappearing, then the more accurate word would be 'Malaysian', rather than 'Asian' or even 'Southeast Asian', which are big places and don't really deserve such labelling in these incidents.

More than fair enough. I was mostly just taken aback by the idea of another plane, of any sort, just disappearing. Even though they apparently found this one, the fact it took a fair chunk of a day still seems weird. For the most part when a plane goes off the radar you go look under that spot in the air and there it is on the ground...or in this case there it is under the water, which in the Java Sea is about as likely to hide a wrecked airliner as my bathtub is.

My apologies, I assumed it was an Indonesian airline without reading much about it.

If it takes five weeks (or more) to find this one it probably should be breaking news. WTF is going on in the world that we are losing airliners? Planes crash. That's part of aviation, unfortunately. But 120 foot aircraft aren't supposed to just disappear.

Location is everything. In that region very long over water flights are more common. That means the plane has more chance to go down in places where it's not really findable.

Top Bottom