All leader portraits

What is Frederick's capital going to be? It is always nicer if the leader has a personal connection with the capital city, Berlin worked with a Prussian in charge. So Aachen? Frankfurt?

I think it was concluded already the capital would be kind of random? If not, I'd say Aachen.

If it's semi-random, maybe a choice out of Aachen, Berlin, Frankfurt, Potsdam?

Capital (and hopefully the whole city lists as well) don't seem to be fixed anymore in order to allow for variation, if we are to believe the Egyptian Videos and constantly changing Capitals. It might be they'll keep it down to one option for the few civs with clear capitals (France, USA?), but Germany would be perfect to allow for a few: Berlin, Aachen, München, Köln, Bonn. :) In short: We don't know, drink tea and wait :)

Capital (and hopefully the whole city lists as well) don't seem to be fixed anymore in order to allow for variation, if we are to believe the Egyptian Videos and constantly changing Capitals. It might be they'll keep it down to one option for the few civs with clear capitals (France, USA?), but Germany would be perfect to allow for a few: Berlin, Aachen, München, Köln, Bonn. :) In short: We don't know, drink tea and wait :)

Oh my, how could I forget about Bonn.

I think it was concluded already the capital would be kind of random? If not, I'd say Aachen.

If it's semi-random, maybe a choice out of Aachen, Berlin, Frankfurt, Potsdam?

Right. I guess the videos showed evidence of that. It's not a feature I'd appreciate and frankly Barbarossa in Berlin is not a big deal, if that preserves Rome's ability to be "Rome" for pete's sake.

What is Frederick's capital going to be? It is always nicer if the leader has a personal connection with the capital city, Berlin worked with a Prussian in charge. So Aachen? Frankfurt?

If he is the leader of Germany I would say it would either be Berlin as the modern capital or Frankfurt since that's where he became king of the Germans. If he's for the HRE I'd imagine it would have to be Aachen.

Hi Guys,

enjoying Civ and enjoying reading fanatics forums. So i decided to share my view on C5.

Did anybody noticed that the person on the picture ist holding a wrench? I dont know maybe my eyes are tricking me.

So could this be a great mechanic (futuristic??). Just want to share that.

thx

Looks like the Shroud of Turin now.

OK. Now I can't unsee that either. :(

Yeah the brain will do that. It is what makes these harder since you can really turn them into anything you want by focusing on a different point. Its kinfa fun if you force yourself into only focusing on a single point and watch the image change. I turned C5 into a very clear Scotsman with bushy facial hair and a tartan sash running down his chest.

Ok, let me put up another suggestion for "C5". Since it seems that everyone sees a different headdress here,it might as well be a bit funny thing like the guy in this picture wears.

CaptureMayan.PNG

This picture is described as Mayan leader.Since the original artwork showing Mayan leaders isn´t really realistic and accurate they might have taken such a picture to represent a Mayan ruler of their choice.
Obvious drawback here is the white background, so what is seen in the video had to be some stage of computer artwork ( like with Cleo and Teddy ). If this holds true this might explain the rectangular patterns in the background. As shown in the next photo the Mayans were obviously quite fond of such structures.

20a12d64bfa9971e67b0f7388f2bcd37.jpg

This would also explain the two "booby" things in the lower third of the picture as part of his armor plate. If this is actually computer art what we see,a one-to-one comparison is not possible but this choice would fit alphabetically and it would leave the Americas not so empty as they are right now.

That blurring to reveal facial hair has made me unable to see Tamerlane, even though it doesn't fit alphabetically and I can't find the picture.

The only other thing I can find is this horribly westernized rendition of Ghenghis (please no Firaxis, also doesn't fit alphabetically):
Spoiler :

I think they've gotten themselves in a pickle; they are simultaneously choosing to start with 18 civs in vanilla (same as Civ V) and adding more unique content per civ, but have to live with the expectation from people of having even more civs at the start because they are "needed".

American, Aztec, Chinese, Egyptian, English, French, German, Greek, Indian, Roman, and Russian civs have been in every game in the franchise at release, and by rule should always be expected to do so. That knocks down 11 of 18 starting slots. Japan wasn't in the first game but has been in every vanilla since Civ2 so that eats up slot number 12. Then they'd want to have at least a few new civs for the new game's vanilla release. It gets crowded quite quick.

What's interesting is that the veteran civs which take next priority (having been in every major installment after DLC is counted) include Babylon, Mongols, and Zulu... three civs which appear to be absent form our game of bingo. It's disappointing if they aren't in at the start but I doubt that they're getting dropped for good given their track record in attendance.

You have missed out Persia, which has also been in every vanilla since 2. People keep on forgetting that in these speculations, for some reason.

But of course, they are watching it here or on Reddit and B5/C5 just got pushed to the last reveal. :/
Not necessarily. If they manage to keep the mystery going for so long, our expectations will be so high that practically any reveal (e.g. a Goth queen) will be seen as terribly disappointing. Unless they feel it would be a real crowd favorite, better get the reveal out of the way quickly so that people can focus on something else.

Hopefully the PR department will use that poster as a reference when releasing a new Civilization. Once the Civ is revealed, the correct match on that board should be revealed too. (through twitter, for example).
I'd love that, too, but I guess they'd run into copyright trouble. These images were clearly only intended for internal use.

I'd love that, too, but I guess they'd run into copyright trouble. These images were clearly only intended for internal use.

If that's the problem they could just accidentally capture it in the backgrund of one of the dev diaries, with a camera focused on it for two or three frames ;)

So I finally did a side-by-side of the Shapur plate and C5. It's definitely way off, but I feel the similarities in pose and headgear make a Sassanid carving of some kind rather plausible:

Spoiler :

OK found another picture that has some resemblance with C5, especially when looking at the original small picture (not the resized and repictulated one). Don't see the red in the original but the color seemed a bit off in the others too. And the wall next to what I think is the head on the small picture seems on the right place. It's probably not the one either. But it looks a lot what I see in it.
It's a Ghenghis Khan painting.
Spoiler :

At this point, I'd be amazed if anyone could find a picture match for B5 or C5. They are most likely concept art. I feel like people would be better trying to think of civs that seem to fit. To me, The best contender for B5 is Goguryeo; it fits alphabetically, the leader looks Asian with that mustache, Korea is a big market for videogames, and currently there is a lack of east Asian civs behind China. Also, as I said already, I am not buying 'Golden-horde' as a civilisation; why would a break away from the mongol empire be chosen over Mongolia? C5 I am completely unable to decide on.

E1, on the other hand, has got to be out there somewhere.

Top Bottom