All leader portraits

Uh... given that it takes a long time to create the leaders, they're probably all already created in some fashion. The game comes out in 3 months. Art assets, specifically anything animated, tend to take forever.

The list is very likely final.

That was my point. :lol:

They had the huns in Civilization V so I don't see why Scythia is a strange choice.

A possibility but where is Elizabeth.

You simply rename Victoria to Elizabeth. You do know that's how they came up with Francis in nearly every Scenario that came with Civ 5 :lol:

Do we? Im not 100% sure that is the exact picture. Im also almost certain that we will not get 2 Spanish leaders. Doesnt make much sense to me.

Gilgamesh is also really problematic leader because we dont know really much about him or Sumerians. What is his agenda?

I think its possible that the last one is Viking leader or something totally different.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=14350871&postcount=63

Just look at this pic and D5. It's exact. Every detail. Even the window in the upper right is the same.

D5 is Isabella of Portugal (not a mistake) who is married to Charles V... (E1) - together they will rule Spain in a 2-person leader-screen?

This would also mean 18 civs in the base-game with 3 DLC civs on the way (as opposed to 4).

I thought a while about the letter G and south-east asian civs, and only came up with a predecessor of Indonesia, the Kingdom (later Sultanate) of Gowa. As for it's leader, no idea. I'm really grasping at straws here though. :p

If E1 is a Swedish monarch then maybe E2 is not Sumeria. A simple mistake of assuming w come before u could have happened especially with the Isabel of Portugal picture mistake.

Do we? Im not 100% sure that is the exact picture. Im also almost certain that we will not get 2 Spanish leaders. Doesnt make much sense to me.

Gilgamesh is also really problematic leader because we dont know really much about him or Sumerians. What is his agenda?

I think its possible that the last one is Viking leader or something totally different.
It does seem very unlikely, however, that we won't get some sort of ancient mesopotanian Civ. That leaves Babylon and Sumer as obvious choices. Given that they went with Babylon in Civ5, and that it actually looks a lot like the Civ4 Gilgamesh image, I think Sumer is a good guess.

About E1: I think it looks extremely close to both the Philip II of Spain and the Erik XIV of Sweden. So I think either D5 is Portugal and E1 is Spain, or E1 is Sweden and someone screwed up the alphabet with regards to Sweden/Sumer (or maybe they have a french or french/canadian guy on the team make it? Sweden is Suede in french, if I'm not mistaken. :mischief:).

I have tried to keep up with the thread, but have not seen this posted so will toss it out there. In one earlier thread there was speculation that the way the leader vs. civ uniques were identified this might setup the possibility of multiple leaders. Given that, could Isabella/Phillip II be a case of duplicate leaders. And therefore could some of the other unidentified also fit the bill. This might indicate 22 leaders for 18 civs (which would address that discrepancy). I cannot recall if Firaxis ever specifically said 18 leaders, or 18 civs.

Any who; I am probably wrong but would share my thought.

So let's see we have:
Europe (including culturally European): 9 civilizations (America, Brasil, England, France, Germany, Poland, Rome, Russia, Spain)
Europe/Africa hybrid:Egypt, since Cleopatra is not Egyptian
East and Central Asia: 3 civilizations (China, Japan, Scythia)
South Asia: 1 (India)
Southeast Asia: 0 (intolerable!)
Middle-East: 2 (Arabia, Sumeria) (No Persia?! Intolerable!)
North America: 1 (Aztecs)
South America: 0 (intolerable!)
Africa: 1 (Kongo)
Oceania: 0
Antarctica: 0

Yeah, that certainly shouts "diversity".
Spoiler :

I agree about E2, I'm not sure what it is exactly but I don't see the likeness of Gilgamesh in that pic.

Here's what I've got.

Roosevelt/Cleopatra/Qin Shi Huang don't have pictures because I can't find one that's close enough of a fit.

The other is definitely Greek but I'm not sure it is Pericles. His helmet is always depicted as a Corinthian whereas this seems to be a Pilos although I admit the quality is too poor to tell. It could even be a Phrygian helmet with 'beard guards' in which case he could easily Macedonian or Seleucid of some description.

I'm also sure that E1 is Karl IX of Sweden because of the collar shape + moustache + sash that Philip II doesn't have and because of Isabella's presence but again, it might just be the quality.

D5 is Isabella of Portugal (not a mistake) who is married to Charles V... (E1) - together they will rule Spain in a 2-person leader-screen?

I think that is the only logical explanation for two Spanish leaders.

Which means the last picture is not a random animal someone pinned to the board for lulz.

I think it's a weasel. Any civilizations associated with weasels?

EDIT Or maybe there will be 3 DLCs... nah, let's speculate!

@B5
Maybe it is Hungary? Were there any notable Hungarian queens?

The outfit looks like this one:

The paiting depicts Jadwiga, but the outfit - yellow dress, white veil?, I think I even see a crown on top - looks similar.

As for B5, if it's between Germany and Greece, it could also be something called "Great .....".
Great Plains Indians? (Is that a thing, even?)
Great Empire of something something.
I don't know.
Lol, no Southeast Asian civilization?
Well these are probably only half or so of the civs (both Civ 4 and Civ 5 had 42 civs)
Phillip for Spanish Netherlands?
That would be something like George III for the US British America :p

I have tried to keep up with the thread, but have not seen this posted so will toss it out there. In one earlier thread there was speculation that the way the leader vs. civ uniques were identified this might setup the possibility of multiple leaders. Given that, could Isabella/Phillip II be a case of duplicate leaders. And therefore could some of the other unidentified also fit the bill. This might indicate 22 leaders for 18 civs (which would address that discrepancy). I cannot recall if Firaxis ever specifically said 18 leaders, or 18 civs.

But then wouldn't they have duplicate leaders for all civs? :confused:

Firaxis said 18 leaders (actualy, 18 Agendas)

I think its possible that all of the DLC-civs will be European. So the 18 civs in the original game will not be that Eurocentric.

As for B5, if it's between Germany and Greece, it could also be something called "Great .....".
Great Plains Indians? (Is that a thing, even?)
Great Empire of something something.
I don't know.

Could also be Ghana...but the leader doesn't seem to fit.

So let's see we have:
Europe (including culturally European): 9 civilizations (America, Brasil, England, France, Germany, Poland, Rome, Russia, Spain)
Europe/Africa hybrid:Egypt, since Cleopatra is not Egyptian
East and Central Asia: 3 civilizations (China, Japan, Scythia)
South Asia: 1 (India)
Southeast Asia: 0 (intolerable!)
Middle-East: 2 (Arabia, Sumeria) (No Persia?! Intolerable!)
North America: 1 (Aztecs)
South America: 0 (intolerable!)
Africa: 1 (Kongo)
Oceania: 0
Antarctica: 0

Yes, because this is all we're EVER getting for the game, let's completely disregard the several DLCs and expansion packs we're bound to get.

Also. we have NEVER gotten Incas or Mayans in the base game. They always came in an expansion pack (or DLC).

Top Bottom