All Religious Pressure Modifiers

Hugaradish

Chieftain
To whom it may concern,

This is my first time using the community patch mod. I was interested in its AI combat improvement. I am impressed with how well it improves the AI. But, I noticed that the religious pressure dynamics were changed. At first I thought it was a glitch but now I see that that there is just low pressure over land and higher pressure between cities situated on a coast. The religious pressure over land between cities connected by land 5 tiles away on epic speed is +1 (See attached screenshot). Is this the expected pressure?

I found in other posts that faith buildings increase pressure and wars decrease it. I see some others were confused about how religious pressure works in this mod. Would someone be willing to detail all the modifiers to religious pressure in only the community patch mod (not the other VoxPopuli mods)?

Thank you,
Hugaradish

Attachments

• Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
In VP, religious pressure depends on trade routes distance. If a caravan/cargo ship can reach another city, then there is pressure between the two, based on how close relative to the maximum range you are.
Here are some of the aspect that increase pressure between cities :
  • Roads between cities,
  • Proximity,
  • Trade route distance, from caravansary (land), or harbor (sea), or technologies (both),
  • Some beliefs like Orthodoxy
It does mean that pressure is stronger in coastal cities, because they can be pressured by sea trade routes in addition to lands.
Note that modifiers from terrain also affect trade routes distance, and religious pressure as a result.
In your example, there is no route between your cities, and desert slows down trade routes even more.

It's written in their description if they do.
From the top of my head, most belief building do, and temples too but not shrines (however, shrines are prerequisite to temples anyway).
Possibly some unique buildings too, bu can't say which ones.

EDIT : as a reminder from first post, you can also consider Caravansary and Harbor as pressure buildings. Don't forget roads, build more builders.

That's CP though, which should work the vanilla way. We just didn't account for it when reworking pressure? The vanilla mechanic is nowhere to be found in the code.

It does mean that pressure is stronger in coastal cities, because they can be pressured by sea trade routes in addition to lands.
Note that it only uses the relative shortest route (as modified by global route distance and roads). It's not that coastal cities can be pressured by both sea and land trade routes that makes coastal cities receive more pressure, it's that coastal cities take the shortest of the land/water route.

Note that it only uses the relative shortest route (as modified by global route distance and roads). It's not that coastal cities can be pressured by both sea and land trade routes that makes coastal cities receive more pressure, it's that coastal cities take the shortest of the land/water route.
Thanks for the clarification!

@Rekk Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the case of two masses of land separated by water, coastal cities can receive pressure from coastal cities from the other continent, but inland cities will never be able to.

@Rekk Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the case of two masses of land separated by water, coastal cities can receive pressure from coastal cities from the other continent, but inland cities will never be able to.
Yes.

What is the distance of religious pressure?
1) in the latest version of the game without mods.
2) in CP only.

Top Bottom