[BNW] Alpha Icon Dillema

os84

Chieftain
Dear Community,

i am really dumbfounded. Somehow the Alpha Icons are not shown and i have no clue how to fix it. Everything seems in order, yet i can't spot the mistake. Any chance someone could take a look on it?

Thanks!
Olli

Attachments

• 20201212201418_1.jpg
    20201212201418_1.jpg
    544 KB · Views: 42
  • Tirol_NEU (v 6).rar
    4.5 MB · Views: 48
Code:
<PortraitIndex>1</PortraitIndex>
None of your Alpha atlas dds files contain an image at spot number 1. A dds file with only one image will use a PortraitIndex number of 0. The game uses the same PortraitIndex # for both of
Code:
<IconAtlas>TIROL_ICON_ATLAS</IconAtlas>
<AlphaIconAtlas>TIROL_ALPHA_ATLAS</AlphaIconAtlas>
The IconAtlas works because the PortraitIndex number for the "normal" image of the civ is indeed Index position # 1, but it fails for the AlphaIconAtlas because there is no such animal as PortraitIndex #1 in those atlases.

What you need to do is swap the positions of the leader and civ icons in the TIROL_ICON_ATLAS dds files, and then use PortraitIndex of 0 for table <Civilizations>, and PortraitIndex of 1 for the leader in table <Leaders>.

Thank you SO much!! Somehow these values were switched, despite the fact that i was using the same template for the other civs in my mod as well, where no such error occured. Every day is a school day, i guess.
I'm honored to get a reply from you! I have seen so many modding threads with your signature in it. Always very polite and precise. It's heartwarming to see that people like you using their vast expertice not to belittle or even humilate others but put it to good, common use! :goodjob:

Top Bottom