[Fast Tracked] (6-A) Add separate flag icon for Mongolian Khan UGP (readded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adan_eslavo

Archmage of all Pixels
Supporter
Because previous proposal was vetoed without giving me a chance of elaborating how the particular icon could look like, I want to readd the proposal in the same form, but with a concrete icon suggestion. Icon was made by @gwennog who is my best supporter when a talented artist is in need, so great thanks to him and here we go.

Current situation: Mongolian Khan and regular Great General have the same icon for their flags:
1697559422426.png

Proposal: Add separate (new) flag icon for Khan unit (the only Great General replcement in VP).
1697559439351.png
1697559448477.png

Rationale: All UUs in game have unique flag icons, so you could differentiate them on the battlefield. Also each similar replacement in modmods (4UC) added such for new Great General or Great Admiral replacements (Suffet, inDuna). Unique Great Merchant from Venetia has its own unique flag. Why not give it to Khan as well? Below some examples from 4UC:
1697559275843.png

Attachments

• Flag_Khan.7z
    8.1 KB · Views: 6
In your screenshot, flag is given to a unit which does not looks like a khan. Is it for testing ? Or are you also proposing to change model ?

In your screenshot, flag is given to a unit which does not looks like a khan. Is it for testing ? Or are you also proposing to change model ?
Preview image from @gwennog during the test phase. I didn't write anything about the model.

It was just to give an idea, the unit is the Great Nispa of the Ainu, it already has its flag :).

@Recursive I would like to consider this one for fast track (unless there is a separate counter icon people want to propose). I completely agree that all other UUs have a distinctive icon, this seems more an oversight than a true change to me. @Hinin @axatin
The Magi can make that decision on their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom