Alternative Earth 1000

Abs Fabuleux

Chieftain
Edit 2021 :
try the v32 version!
More difficult and more interesting. A world where the Natives have been replaced by the Confederates. A medieval world in this alternative world where USA and CSA are vassals of the British Empire. In the beginning.

Edit : 2017-10-10
- Deletion of all older versions. We're only keeping the last one.
There are still 5 island continents, the initial sources of uranium have been eliminated.
The Asian continent has been rebalanced to the detriment of China.
2500 turns.
Edit 2017-10-18 :
- Change of names leaders of Chinese and Chinese-Mongolian (Khitan Empire) dynasties
- Change of capital of the khitan empire
- Change of some forms of government: all empires apply the hereditary rules of monarchy
Edit 2017-10-22 :
- Some perimeter changes on the Arab Empire

This scenario was based on Civ4 earth 1000 with the inconsistencies that this implies. I think I've eliminated the biggest ^^^

The differences with CIV4 "earth in 1000 AD." :
-1 ° - 5 continents are islands:
The Africa is separated from Asia to the Suez Canal
The Asia is separated from Europe in Istanbul (more consistent with reality) and an inlet runs along the Ural and joins the Black Sea.
North and South America are accessible from the central ism.
- 2 -
The US colony is already present and is a vassal of the Empire of Great Britain
The colony of Mexico and is also a vassal of the Empire of Spain-Portugal.
Egypt is the vassal of the Empire Arabic

The objective is to give a greater role to the naval battles
Win conditions are domination and diplomatic victory which imposes control more or less directly 3 continents.

5 continents so look like this :

Anothers clarifications: the mod is "next war"

Then the empires :

1 American Continent:
- USA
- Mexico
- Natives Americans
No nations in South America.

2. European Continent:
- British Empire
- French Empire
- Spanish Empire
- Holy Roman Empire
- Russian Empire
- Part of the Byzantine Empire

3 African Continent:
- Egyptian Empire
- Mythical Empire (The vestiges of the Atlantide continent are attached to Africa)

4. Asian Continent:
- Most of the Byzantine Empire
- Arabic Empire
- Indian Empire
- Khitan Empire (Liao Dynasty)
- Chinese Empire (Song Dynasty)
- Khmer Empire
- Japan Empire

5. Oceanien Continent:
Nothing.

Difficulty noble - Level up easy (0) to very hard (5) :

Level 0 :
  • French Empire
  • Holy Roman Empire
  • Russian Empire
  • Byzantine Empire
  • Mythical Empire
Level 1 :
  • Spanish Empire
  • Arabic Empire
  • KhitanEmpire
  • Chinese Empire
  • British Empire
Level 2 :
  • Japan Empire
  • Indian Empire
  • Egyptian Empire
Level 3 :
  • Khmer Empire
Level 4 :
  • USA
  • Mexico
Level 5 :
  • Natives Americans

Good game all !
:)

Attachments

• Alternative Earth 1000 - v9.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    902.4 KB · Views: 387
Last edited:
A slightly different version of the scenario:
The Mythicals have changed location: they are on a new continent that they share with the Westeros empire.
French, English and Holy Roman Empire have some colonies in Africa. This rebalances the power of empires a little: domination is less systematically Asian.

A vision of the map :

Good Game all ! :)

Attachments

• Alternative Earth 1000 - v12.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    923.4 KB · Views: 234
Pretty cool map, especially love the Euro-Asian divide and the tactical possibilities it offers.

What's the reasoning for no uranium? To prohibit nuclear war? I am asking because it blocks certain units from being built.

Yes, I tried to force the nations to really develop their fleets to be able to win victory by domination.

Otherwise, I limited the uranium to the random apparition because the nuclear weapons tend to facilitate the conquests of the one who holds this type of weapon. I think that a good classic massacre with epic terrestrial and naval battles are better than a missile that destroys everything in one shot ;o)

It seems interesting. I'll give it a go.

Otherwise, I limited the uranium to the random apparition because the nuclear weapons tend to facilitate the conquests of the one who holds this type of weapon. I think that a good classic massacre with epic terrestrial and naval battles are better than a missile that destroys everything in one shot ;o)
I like the idea! :thumbsup:

I believe that this needs to be changed:
StartYear=-4000

Last edited:
Yes and no: I dont touch to the start year but the number of laps had been increased to 160 at the start. I do this choice because with this departure, industrialization arrive around the 1800s as in reality. But I can edit : i attached a file that starts at turn 500 which corresponds to the year 1000. And as a happy hazard, this corresponds to the name of the scenario :goodjob:

Attachments

• Alternative Earth 1000 - v12b.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    923.4 KB · Views: 121
Then, that's the moment to post the lastest scenario, the v28.
Yes, v28 because i 'd tried to boost the civilisation who did Nothing in History : Westeros.
Finally, i supprime this civilisation and i replace that by Thule Kingdom.
The Thule Kingdom have be placed in the north of africa, on a peninsula.
Mythics change place and be place in the South of pacific on two islands.
The islands of Japan have been redesigned

The v28b as the v12b has a beginning displayed in the year 1000.
The v28 has a beginning displayed in -1900 but still to have the industrial revolution towards the 19 th century.

A vision of the map :

Good game all !

Attachments

• Alternative Earth 1000 - v28.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    915.3 KB · Views: 128
  • Alternative Earth 1000 - v28b.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    915.3 KB · Views: 119
Exemple : Alternative History of Japan.

-1900 - The Jules Verne III dynasty takes the direction of the Japanese Empire.
430 - Purchase of a world map in Byzantium for 970 tons of gold.
830 - The Empire of Mexico (and vassals : USA, Native American) declares war on Japan. Direct Attack of Tokyo: Mexico -9 divisions.
855 - Peace with Mexico against 110 tons of gold.
900 - Defensive Pact with the Indian Empire.
1360 - The Empire of Mexico (and vassals : USA, Native Americans) declares war on Japan. Attack on an Australian city: Mexico -1 divisions
1386 - Peace with Mexico against 350 tons of gold.

World in 1448 :

Nations in 1448 :

1456 - The Khitan Empire declares war on Japan. Loss of 3 galleons (- 9 Khitan divisions)
1468 - Peace with the Khitan Empire against a map of the world.
1490 - Japanese landing in Alaska.
1578 - The Spanish Empire declares war on Japan (Alaska)
1590 - The Empire of Mexico (and vassals : USA, Native Americans) declares war on Japan. Attack in Alaska.
Battle of Australia: Mexico -3 divisions.
Battle of Ise (Alaska): Mexico -14 divisions. Japan -18 divisions. Ise taken by Mexico.
1606 - Peace with the Spanish Empire.
1656 - The Khitan Empire declares war on Japan. Loss of 3 galleons (9 Khitan divisions)
Battle of Tokyo: Khitan -10 divisions, Japan - 3 divisions.
1676 - Peace with the Khitan Empire against 90 tons of gold.
Battle of Nagasaki (Australia): USA -3 divisions, Japan -2 divisions
1796 - Japanese landing of 27 divisions in Alaska.
Battle of the Ise Hills, behind the river: Mexico -20 divisions, Japan -1 division.
1803 - Ise taken by Japan: Mexico -5 divisions, Japan -3 divisions.
1809 - Chinese Empire declares war on Japan.
1811 - Second Battle of Ise: Mexico -19 divisions, Japan -8 divisions.
1814 - Third Battle of Ise: Natives -13 divisions.
1816 - The Khitan Empire declares war on Japan.
Battle of Kyoto: Khitan -15 divisions, Japan -2 divisions.
Fourth Ise Battle: USA -22 divisions, Japan -1 division.
Battle of Yasokamura (Philippines, Khitan City, ex Kmer): Khitan -5 divisions, Japan -3 divisions. Japanese troops retreat.
1825 - Peace with the Chinese Empire.
1829 - Battle of Alaska: Mexico -2 divisions.
1830 - Toyama Foundation in northern Canada.
Take Yasokamura: Khitan - 6 divisions, Japan -2 divisions. Peace with the Khitan Empire that pays 1,440 tons of gold.
1836 - Battle of Toyama: Mexico -13 divisions, Japan -7 divisions.
Peace with the Empire of Mexico following a mediation.

Review of the 3rd War against the Empire of Mexico (1590 - 1836) (16,000 / division)

Battles of north america :

Wolrd in 1850 :

Nations in 1850 :

1871 - Passage of the Japanese armies in Infanteries: 3 rd world power.
1933 - Foundation of the corporation of creative constructions.
1945 - The Empire of Mexico (and vassals : USA, American Natives, Spain) declares war on Japan.
Battles of Toyama (Alaska): Mexico -37 divisions, USA - 15 divisions, Natives -13 divisions, Spain -8 divisions. Japan -11 divisions.
1952 - Japanese counterattack with 31 divisions.
Taking of Nanyh Waya: Native -3 divisions.
Battle of Nagodoche: USA - 8 divisions, Natives -10 divisions, Japan -2 divisions.
Second Battle of Nagodoche: Mexico -3 divisions, Japan -5 divisions.
Taking Nagodoches: Mexico -5 divisions.
Fourth Battle of Nagodoche: Mexico -11 divisions, Japan -2 divisions.
1959 - Fifth Battle of Nagodoches: Mexico - 11 divisions, USA - 9 divisions, Natives - 5 divisions, Japan 0.
1961 - Sixth Battle of Nagodoches: Mexico -34 divisions, USA -16 divisions, Japan -4 divisions.
Peace with Mexico against world map and 10 tons of gold.

Review of the fourth war against the Empire of Mexico (1945 -1961) (25,000 per division)

1980 - Payment of 1130 tons of gold to the Empire of Mexico
1988 - golden age.

Wolrd in 1988 :

Nations in 1988 :

2004 - Japan declares war on the Chinese Empire.
Battle of Shanghai: China -4 divisions. Shanghai take.
Battle of Nanjing: China -10 divisions, Japan -5 divisions. Taking Nanjing.
Battle of Xian: China -4 divisions, Japan -2 divisions. Taking Xian.
Capitulation of China.
2016 - The Empire of Mexico (and vassals : USA, Native Americans, Spain) declares the war on Japan.
2016 -2029: battles and towns taken:
Battles of Nagodoches: Mexico -17 divisions, USA -12 divisions, Natives -4 divisions, Spain -6 divisions, Japan -3 divisions.
Naval Battle of Australia: Mexico: -1 destroyer, -1 battleship. Japan -2 destroyers.
Battle of Powerty Point: Mexico -1 division, Natives -7 divisions, Japan -2 divisions.
Battles of Moundcity: Mexico -6 divisions, Natives -3 divisions, Japan -9 divisions.
Battle of Agra (Pacific): Mexico -3 divisions, Japan -3 divisions.
Second Powerty Point Battle: USA -7 divisions, Japan 0.
Battle of Moundville: USA -8 divisions, Natives -5 divisions, Japan -2 divisions.
Battle of Spiro: Native -8 divisions, Japan -2 divisions.
Battle of Pataliputra (South Pacific): Mexico -4 divisions, Japan -3 divisions.
Second Battle of Chaco Canyon: Spain -3 divisions, Japan -3 divisions.
Peace with Mexico against restitution of the city of Agra. Disappearance of the Native American Empire.

Review of the Fifth World War against the Empire of Mexico (2016 -2029) - 34,000 per division.

For a vision of battles of america :

2030 - Payment of 1200 tons of gold in Mexico.
2032 - The city of Spiro joins the Empire of Mexico

World in 2034 :

Nations in 2034 :

2045 - The Empire of Japan declares war on the Empire of Mexico (and vassal : USA). Mexico already at war against Arabia. Arabia at war against British Empire (+ Spain + Thule)
Plains Battles: Mexico -17 divisions, Japan -10 divisions.
Battle of Cahokia: Mexico -20 divisions, Japan -10 divisions. Taking Cahokia.
2047 - Battle of Spiro: Mexico -5 divisions, Japan -3 divisions. Taking Spiro.
Battle of Naucalpan: Mexico -22 divisions, Japan -7 divisions. Taking Naucalpan.
Japan's naval battle: Mexico -1 battleship, -1 destroyer, -1 aircraft carrier. Japan -2 underwater.
Second naval battle of Japan: Mexico -1 battleship, -3 destroyers, -1 aircraft carrier. Japan -2 battleships, -2 destroyers.
Battle of California: Mexico -7 divisions, Japan -1 division.
2050 - Battle of Cahokia: Mexico - 4 divisions.
Battle of Moundville: USA -5 divisions.
Battle of the plains: Mexico -2 divisions, Japan -3 divisions.
2051 - October - Battle and capture of Mesa Verde: Mexico -15 divisions, Japan -7 divisions.
2052 - July - Battle and capture of Ciudad Obregon: Mexico -5 divisions, Japan -4 divisions.
2053 - April - Battle of the plains: Mexico - 2 divisions, Japan -2 divisions.
2054 - July - Counteroffensive of Mexico on Mesa Verde: Mexico: -14 divisions, Japan -10 divisions. Resumption of Mesa Verde by Mexico.
Sending reserves and Mesa Verdé attack by 37 divisions: Mexico - 14 divisions, Japan - 6 divisions. Resumption of Mesa Verde by Japan.
Battle of Ciudad Obregon: Mexico -1 Division, Japan -2 divisions.
2056 - October - Counteroffensive of Mexico on Mesa Verde: Mexico -18 divisions, Japan -2 divisions.
2059 - Battle of Mesa Verde: Mexico -6 divisions.
Battle of Cahokia: USA -1 division, Mexico - 3 divisions, Japan -1 division.
2060 - Battle of Ciudad Obregon: Mexico -5 divisions, USA -1 division, Japan -1 division.
Battle of the plains: Mexico -4 divisions.
2061 - Battle of Saltillo: Mexico -24 divisions, Japan -2 divisions. Taking of the city.
2062 - Against Mexican offensive on Saltillo: Mexico -12 divisions, Japan -2 divisions.
2064 - January - Battle of Snaketown: USA -14 divisions, Japan -4 divisions. Japan's retreat.
Against offensive on Saltillo: Mexico -3 divisions, Japan -1 division.
2065 - Counter offensive on Saltillo: Mexico - 8 divisions. Supply of fresh troops for US Invasion Army = 55 divisions.
2066 - Battles and capture of Snaketown: USA -40 divisions, Mexico -9 divisions, Japan -14 divisions.
2068 - Battle of Mesa Verde: Mexico -2 divisions, Japan 0.
Battle and take of Philadelphia: USA -11 divisions, Japan -1 division.
Against Saltillo offensive: Mexico -8 divisions, Japan -1 division.
2069 - end of the war British Empire / Empire of Arabia.
Mesa Verde revolt and Mexico attack: Mexico -4 divisions, Japan -9 divisions: loss of the city.
2070 - Invasion Army redirected to Mesa Verde. Takeover of Mesa Verde by Japan: Mexico -5 divisions, Japan 0.
2071 - Battles of Mesa Verde: Mexico -11 divisions, Japan -19 divisions. Loss of Mesa Verde by Japan.
Battle of Snaketown: Mexico -2 divisions, Japan -5 divisions
Battle of the plains: Mexico -2 divisions
Battle of Cahokia: Mexico -10 divisions.
Payment of 1990 tons of gold to the Arabian Empire.
2073 - Resumption of Mesa verde by Japan: Mexico -8 divisions, Japan -4 divisions.
Peace against payment by Mexico : Boston and a world map.

Review of the 6th war against Mexico but first where Japan is aggressor. (2045-2073) - 35,000 / division.

Wolrd in 2079 :

Nations in 2079 :

2083 - Byzantine Empire War / The Empire of Arabia.
2091 - Empire of Japan declares war on the Empire of Mexico (+ USA + Mythics). Mexico in war against France too.
Battle of Atlanta: USA -8 divisions, Japan - 2 divisions. Taking of the city.
Battle of Washington: Mexico - 9 divisions, USA -5 divisions, Japan -3 divisions. Taking of the city.
France become vassal from Mexico.
Battle of Chicago: Mexico - 4 divisions, USA - 5 divisions, France - 3 divisions, Japan - 7 divisions. Taking of the city.
Battle of Lyons: Mexico -10 divisions, Japan -1 division.
Battle of Pataliputra (Pacific): Mexico -3 divisions, Japan -2 divisions.
Battle of the American plains: Mexico -6 divisions.
Battle of Saltillo: taken over by Mexico: Mexico -5 divisions, Japan -11 divisions.
Battle of Boston: taken over by Mexico: Mexico -7 divisions, Japan -6 divisions.
Battle of Seattle and taken from the city: USA -3 divisions, Japan -1 division.
Japan's takeover of Boston: Mexico -18 divisions, Japan -2 divisions.
Capitulation of the USA and 525 tons of gold.
Battle of Vijayanagara (Pacific) and capture of the city: Mexico -5 divisions, Japan -2 divisions.
2092 - September - resumption of Saltillo by Japan: Mexico -9 divisions, Japan -2 divisions.
Taking of Ciudad Juarez: Mexico -25 divisions, Japan -11 divisions.
Boston takeover: Mexico -5 divisions, Japan -2 divisions.
2093 - Battle of San Luis and taken from the city: Mexico -10 divisions, Japan -4 divisions.
2093 - September - battle and capture of Puebla: Mexico - 14 divisions, Japan - 5 divisions.
2094 - Counter offensive on Boston: Mexico -4 divisions.
Battle of Mexico and taken from the city: Mexico -22 divisions, Japan -6 divisions.
2094 - December - Battle of Chichen Itza and capture of the city: Mexico -11 divisions, Japan -3 divisions.
2095 - Battle and capture of Monterrey: Mexico - 5 divisions, Japan -4 divisions.
Peace with French Empire that pays 310 tons of gold.
2095 - November - Tampico take: Mexico -7 divisions, Japan -4 divisions.
Payment of 1800 tons of gold to the Arabian Empire.
2096 - Taking of Aguaculientes: Mexico -7 divisions, Japan -2 divisions.
Guadalupe catch: Mexico -3 divisions, Japan -3 divisions.
Peace with Mexico that pays 835 tons of gold.

Balance of the 7th war against Mexico (2091-2096) - 35,000 / division.

Wolrd in 2098 :

Nations in 2098 :

Army of Japan :

Ranking :

Victory conditions :

The dynasty withdraws from power.
World dominated by the empire of Arabia, which crushes Russia with its vassals.

Last edited:
Another one : V32.
The native Americans are replaced by the Confederate States of America. The Kingdom of Thule is deleted compared to the previous version (but there is an island of Thule in the Atlantic).

More difficult with :
- Japan Empire
- Khmer Empire

Attachments

• Alternative Earth 1000 - v32.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    908.2 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Seems promising, but it gives me this error - civ selection screen loads up fine but beyond that things become unstable:
upload_2021-10-28_23-53-53.png

What could this mean? Do I have to delete the civ4.bak file in case it's corrupted?

Seems promising, but it gives me this error - civ selection screen loads up fine but beyond that things become unstable:
View attachment 612945
What could this mean? Do I have to delete the civ4.bak file in case it's corrupted?
Oops, I didn't see your answer, sorry.
Well, I'm only 2 years late 😅
But I've dropped civ4 a bit after a good 15 years of playing. And I haven't found an equivalent with such a good AI since.
Otherwise, I don't understand these errors: the file is a save file so it contains all the elements.
Maybe by reloading indeed.
I don't know if someone else has encountered the problem among the hundred or so downloads...

Ah, well no worries! I think I've figured it out some time ago. This isn't compatible with BUG, BULL and all the alike.
The UI is modified and civ4 is confused (since it always resorts to vanilla UI, but now it's replaced by another), so that's why it happened. Putting this in for any people who fall into similar problems as me

Top Bottom