Altitude Training?

flairin

Prince
Not sure how my scout got the promotion, but I went to move him two turns and he was able to move even more when on hills. Didn't notice him having this promotion before!! Any input?

This is probably the associated promotion after coming near Mount Kilimanjaro (NW). I've yet to actually see it during one of my games. If you can, try and settle a city near it--get free Incan blood, if you know what I mean. :goodjob:

Maddjinn's Venice LP saw his scout get that promotion. Have to go back and see why he got it.

I see a mountain kilmanjaro in my current play through but unforunately it's too faraway for me to make use of it.

I bought BNW today, and started up a hotseat game with my brother to try it out. He had a Scout find Kiliminjarow, and it ended up with the Altitude Training promotion. I think any unit that stops next to Mount Kiliminjarow gets it...

I got the Altitude Training promotion without knowing about it, too. Scout had just discovered Mt. Kil. but I did not know to associate it. I found this post and decided to move a Pikeman out to the Mount, and surprise! The Pikeman now has Altitude Training. So, it's not just the first unit nor just scouts. I am sending more units as I type this. 8)

I have played 2 games and have been fortunate enough to have Mt. K in my borders each time. First as Shoshone and currently as Poland. It is VERY nice to have.

Yeah, a Scout can move 4 tiles if they are hills. Imagine if your Scout pops an Archer promotion. :)

Yeah, a Scout can move 4 tiles if they are hills. Imagine if your Scout pops an Archer promotion. :)

I can one up you there: Altitude Training + Pathfinder + Composite Bowman upgrade. That was in my first BNW game.

If the Inca receives Comanche Riders from being an ally of a militaristic city-state, upgrade them to tanks, take the Lightning Warfare tenet, and have Mt. Kilimanjaro within Incan territory, it would be interesting.

That would be... interesting. Has anyone used lightning warfare yet, does the +1 movement get added as a promotion?

Either way that's +6 normal movement on a landship/tank and then double that with hills... and if you have roads do you double that as well to get to 24?

No no. Think Germany with Comanche Riders upgraded to Panzers with Lightning War and Altitude Training.

That's 8 movement and hills are always roads.

Comanche Lightning Panzers.

I just had this happen...thought it was a bug. Secret promotion for finding Mt K! I love it! And this is move 25, this is a scout that has been promoted to archer, so I'm gonna have fun! :D

Top Bottom