Am I allowed to release this when (if) I finish?

Deon

Lt. of Mordor
I am tweaking the mod to be "more fallout-ish" by my opinion, also I try to postpone guns and vehicles a bit. So it starts with spears, crossbow and dogs and only 2nd era introduces guns and cars.

I love the atmosphere of the current mod but I think that it has not enough content to become very popular (I can't find another reason why is this forum deserted, other than it's about wasteland) because the idea and realisation is already great.

I want to play with spear/axe/machete-welding barbarians for a while, with blood bowl arenas and human sacrifices, then move to post-apocalyptic punk and end in era of pseudo-futuristic utopias (mainly inspired by "Inhabited Island" novel/film by brothers Strugatsky; with mind control towers, psi tanks and supermutant soldiers).

I am currently developing the "era of survival", with starting techs and units. I can't animate yet so I will probably use reskins (as I did for "trapper" - a bit reskinned survivor + dog) but I will model buildings. I.e.: iguana bob (food market):

I post this to ask, do you allow me to publish the "butchered" modmod of yours for others if manage to finish it?

Of course you are "allowed" to make additions. That is the whole point of having a public forum. When I was able to spend full time developing the mod, there was a lot of conversation; but a lot of mods remain "single developer". So when I stopped working on it last fall, the main driver for the subforum traffic stopped. I hope people out there are still downloading it and playing it.

Please do post any finished buildings you have. Many people posted units or buildings onto the downloads page, and then put a post here to indicate the art was there. If you can, you are certainly welcome to make a "mod mod" with the changed files and XML's, and upload them here.

Please do post any finished buildings you have
For sure I will, I just want to make sure they turned out as I want :). They will appear in the thread from my sig.

:lol: i want an iguana stick.

:goodjob:
At first Iguana Bob was a small trader, however his business became very popular and many people came to find out the taste of his famous "iguanas-on-a-stick". Soon he was able to build bistro in a few of quite big settlements and with time his work created a complex of "iguana bob" bistros which appear almost everywhere.

I returned "camp" improvement and now you can build it over "gecko" resource, however I need to find graphics for it :D.
Iguana Bob gives +10% :commerce: for every food resource and +1 :health: for "gecko" resource (which normally gives just :) because gecko hides are quite valuable but their meat has bad taste unless prepared by special "bob" technique).

Well, if someone can give me some nice ideas on techs and buildings I would be quite happy.
I want to make tech research longer and each tech to give at least a few minor buildings to favor "building" style and units from time to time to make various strategies possible.

Also I've made formations of smaller units with more units; it is less beautiful because details are smaller but should be more favoured by the lovers of "war games" with formations and by those who play without quick combat (I plan to integrate a constant "combat log" window in the interface one day, like it was in Fallout).
Here is a "Trapper" unit (reskinned survivors + dogs) and a groud of deathclaws (I removed spikes and collar from pit beast from Fall from Heaven and recolored it's skin; now it looks more like deathclaw than like a werewolf):
Spoiler :

I transformed monument into "landmark" (avaliable at scavanging); this is basically a roadsign with something painted over it which represents the influence of your group in the region so others see it's your territory, so it increases safety (a bit):
Spoiler :

Current tech tree (almost empty; most buildings or units are not in yet; and civics not adjusted, i.e. caravan and "slaver" unit and slavery civic at caravans).
Spoiler :

This tree will include another tier (tier 4) of techs and it will be the whole survival era, next will reintroduce weapons end vehicles. But don't be fooled by just 4 levels of tech, they will be quite costly and every one will include quite nice number of options to protect yourself/influence neighbours so different teching should give differenc choices.

I will take into account all previous suggestions about wonders.

I am not sure about the road sign, but I think your deathclaw is way better than mine! Could you put up a zip file of the deathclaw? I see where you uploaded the Iguana Bob shack, but not the deathclaw.

I am not sure about the road sign, but I think your deathclaw is way better than mine! Could you put up a zip file of the deathclaw? I see where you uploaded the Iguana Bob shack, but not the deathclaw.

It's devourer by Roland,Refar; I am not sure that it's a good thing to post the same model with a bit tweaked texture and without collar, however for you here it is: (attachment)

Roadsign just solves it's purpose: people are not supposed to build "monuments" at that stage but simple markings as graffiti over existing objects should do the trick.

Attachments

• deathclaw.rar
    327.2 KB · Views: 220
Great! Have you seen the art request thread for Fury Road at this link? There are a couple of things like a garage which are needed, and they seem pretty similar to what you have already done. Keep it up!

OK I've made a scorpion model, it's easy to texture it but I don't know how to animate it.
Either I learn how to animate it or ask someone else in graphics requests forum.

Even without animation they can be used as a placeholder (I've put them in the game without texture/anims to look how do they look overall and I am quite satisfied with the result):

Wow, they look great! A black wash and perhaps green venom in the stinger. I hope you get the help you need in animating them. I expect I'll see them in a lot of fantasy mods as well as Fury Road, if you do.

OK, here's a post-apocalyptic bath house. Go in, order a girl.

Spoiler :

It has an actual metallic bath in the backyard :D.
I think I've caught the "fallout"-feel with this one, even better than with the bar (windows and doors are quite authentic).

Great work, great ideas :goodjob:.

I returned "camp" improvement and now you can build it over "gecko" resource, however I need to find graphics for it :D.

You could look at the dragonia mod, it has a reptile civ in it, maybe there's a model, which could be used.

If not: I could maybe convert something reptile like from morrowind, but it seems, that these models causes crashes, so it's not the best idea.

OK I've made a scorpion model, it's easy to texture it but I don't know how to animate it.
Either I learn how to animate it or ask someone else in graphics requests forum.

Cool! I think animating a scorpion is probably hard. But, I have put in a PM to a couple of people who have done this sort of thing before; let's see if they are still around and interested in taking this on.

I plan to move various city halls and other advanced administrative/construction buildings to later eras; "administration" tech provides a "sheriff" building, a simple yet effective (with a dark dugout instead of jail and a barrel to drown suspects who don't want to cooperate):
Spoiler :

I start to integrate some python here and there.

1) Marauder promotion, avaliable with City Raider I. You can find it in the hybrid components database, it takes 4% of the total gold from the opponent when you defeat his unit; however I've changed it that it works only when you kill a unit in his city (which is more logical too; so it represents that your unit while surviving the battle was able to take some goods from the defenders on his way back returning to the camp). The unit should win the battle against city defender and should obviously survive to plunder the gold.
2) Voice of the Badlands at Radio which grants free broadcast tower, however I've wanted to make this wonder more unique (and valuable) than just MOAR so I've borrowed the code from CivRev and now when you build this wonder you get diplomatical contact with every civilization (even if they are on another continent).

Now I am modelling a trading post and a wonder "tanker city" which looks like an old broken tanker ship and is avaliable only in coastal cities; it is inspired by Fallout 2 ship where people lived in San Francisco (they've borrowed this idea in Fallout 3 when they made Rivet City); however I want to come up with an unique feature for this wonder rather than just + water tiles yield. Any ideas?

The trading post looks cool! Any chance of a post-apocalyptic garage as suggested in the art request post I mentioned earlier?

I like the idea of a Rivet City. Several people have requested additions for at least coastal use of water units. For example, the trawlers and jetskis from Waterworld, and coastal oil platforms. I don't want to allow ocean-going vessels; in case there is ever a sequel, I need to keep all the action on one continent for a certain reason.

Adding all these things would be a nice expansion, and a Rivet City would certainly be a good start.

If you ever want to go seabased, keep in mind that city graphics won't show on waterplots. Haven't found a trick to fix this. Though city graphics will show up on adjacent landplots if the city is right next to the coast. Facilities will show up when you use the right water-based LSYSTEM code (like the lighthouse entry).

Top Bottom