Am I allowed to release this when (if) I finish?

Thank you! Max tutorial is really gonna help!

P.S. Since I am going more towards Fallout and I don't really like religion-based implementation of diplomacy (I'd better use UN mechanics for it) I plan to turn religions to "supporting organizations": enclave, brotherhood of steel, master's minions etc. with appropriate "religious" (not really) unique units (organisation-based), so if you follow BoS you can train bos paladins and operative groups, and if you follow master's unification path you can get mutants in your commons.

Hey man the stuff your thinking of looks and sounds great, I've been trying to draw it a bit more towards the Fallout style of things. check out my LS mod mod thread sometime if you want. also if you would like any help let me know I've stalled a bit on mine due to illness, struggling to get ideas flowing. but I can do Xml type stuff not got mad skills but i'm slowly picking bits up also any creative writing stuff I could help with that. Let me know if theres anything you want help with.

I really like the Fury Road mod and love the idea of making it more "Fallout-ish".

I loved the Fallout mod for Civ III and can't wait to try this one :lol:

Sorry guys, I was away for a while because I have a huge hell load of exams and university work. Once I become a free man again (near the mid-june or maybe earlier) I will come back with some content and alpha/beta version :).

Thanks for the update! (joke) Please note this mod is much more important than the Dune Wars mod. Work on this one first.

I am not going to make anything for Dune Wars yet, I've just told them that I can make something later :D.

I've got "4" for Quantum electronics today ("B" in english system) so I am pretty happy. 2 exams more and I am free.

While I don't have time to do modding for a week or two more, I'd like to get some suggestion on "supplies" icon (supplies will replace gold, read the thread in this forum).

For now, my ideas:

Your suggestions?

David told the same, and I think that I'll finish with gears.

I've watched Terminator 4 today and while it's not the best film, another idea is drilling my head now: Skynet mod. Basically future tech brings "terminator apocalypse" on the world, all cities are nuked a few times, and then all cities except for capitals turn in barbarian high-tech strongholds, with roaming "terminators". Booom, a good end-game :). Hehe, damn it, I need to finish my modmod first.

I am currently drunk, it's 3 hours to exam and I need to copy like 2/3 of a workbook from another guy to pass it. Ah, screw it. I've got enough alcohol in me to ignore it, and I think I am prepared quite well to oppose the teacher. Where's my bozar? :D

I made a good discovery today. Walter Hawkwood has ported a bunch of nice looking buildings from the game Kohan 2. So I thought I'd look through that game and see if there is anything else that is portable. In the units I found a very nice scorpion model and not only that but the animations can be ported to Civ4 as well (with a bit of effort). There are still a few glitches with them that I need to fix up, but they are already looking pretty cool.

I want to play with spear/axe/machete-welding barbarians for a while, with blood bowl arenas and human sacrifices, then move to post-apocalyptic punk and end in era of pseudo-futuristic utopias (mainly inspired by "Inhabited Island" novel/film by brothers Strugatsky; with mind control towers, psi tanks and supermutant soldiers).

Perhaps, but isn't it unrealistic to assume there weren't any weapons in the shelters? Maybe give players free gunpowder units at the start but don't let them train any.

Deon you must be proud. These graphs are awesome mate!

Thank you :). Too bad I am finishing my study and wife really hates when I play on PC so it's impossible to mod anything right now. And it's been a year :(.

I still dream about it, so maybe in a free time I will be able to compile something.

Wow, your models are incredible! Are these already in the game? I just started playing so Fury Road again, so I can't recall. If not, I'd love to code them in. If that's alright with you of course.

I don't think they are in, but maybe they are :). I haven't played Fury Road for a while.

I am coding a fallout mod for some time already but it will take a lot of time because I've decided to code everything from scratch (literally).

I've managed to totally swap the tech tree and make a few factions (Vault City, New California Republic, New Reno) but it's still the very start because I've just finished my finals so I was busy before.

Right now I struggle with the tech tree. I want to make it wide and different, and have different unit types tied to branches. The best example is FFH where you can follow different routes and have different yet still powerful units and tactics.

I broke the tree in urban units/city development, recon/scavenging and wheeled branch along a trade line, mutants (animals) branch along a health/food/technology line and siege units come late with the requirement of wheeled AND technology lines (a junker car requires advanced repairs and basic sciences).

I really break my head trying to make it a widespread yet dependant, and not gimped for someone following some path deep.

Well if you don't mind me suggesting it, maybe you could add two sort of different military branches? One for mechanical things and guns and the other as sort of a "return to the old ways." Kind of like the two opposing factions in that movie "Doomsday."

I thought about it but my tech tree is already very broad :). It would take some creativity to expand on it without making it unbearable.

Spoiler :

The "traditions" seems pretty lonely there, while traditions are pretty important. Maybe I could branch the "degradation" tech tree from that.

Anyway, urbanization yields tier2 urban unit (militia) and factories - tier 3 (machinegun).

The hunting unlocks hunters, wasteland guilds unlock bounty hunters and deep expeditions unlock stalkers.

The "mounted" tree is pretty transparent: bands unlock bikers (2 move, bonus vs. recon due to unpredictability), free craftsmen unlock free vehicle (and exploding car with basic sciences) and roadwarriors unlock a nice combat car unit, I didn't decided the name yet.

"Management" civics are:
"Camp elders" = default, probably should reduce the penalty from distance a bit but increase the penalty for the number of cities (hard to keep the control over the "camps").

Urbanization unlocks the "Capital Bureaucracy" civic which gives a big maintance from distance to palace hit (50 or 75%) but gives increased production and commerce in capital. It should be a favourite civic of Vault City faction.

Local centers unlocks the "Local Government" civic which reduces a penalty from the number of cities a bit (-15% or -20%) and almost removes the maintance cost from the distance to palace (-75%). I didn't decide which drawback should it have, probably -15% research due to local leaders controlling research through their own methods and not cooperating too well.

"Government" civics are:
"Sword law" - default

"Warring State" - -25% research, -50% war weariness, +15 free units

"Police state" - +1 :( in each city, +0.5 :) per military unit, +10 free units

"Representation" - +1 :) in each city, +50% war weariness, +25% protection (culture)

I want to ask for suggestions for a name for the car unit at "roadwarriors" (although Road Warrior could work) and suggestions for civics.

Eh, that's a bit outdated tree, I've found my new one, it is a bit more widespread and has more paths. Anyway, I've got most icons for the techs. And Local Centers will be Local Authorities, with Sheriff building avaliable.

There're no "local craftsmen", they are the same tech as "bands", because they are pretty close considering what I want to add and they branch to Mafia and Road Warriors.

- hunting gives the earliest tier 2 unit, hunter
- bands gives bikers
- urbanization gives militia
- I plan to add flamethrowers to natural sciences as a latest tier2 unit for those who go all-tech path to be able to protect themselves somehow

Oh and traditions branch off to cults and animal lore; cults will give a first simplistic religion (Ancestor worship), that's where the fun starts, with bloodbowls, berserk units and crazy prophets :p

Other early religions are the Children of the Cathedral along the top path and Habologists along the medium path.

Top Bottom