These earbuds (or are they called earphones) are fine. They sit outside the actual ear holes and they stay on.

1701954624574.jpeg

The ones that have worse sounds, invade your aural space, and fall out constantly... I don't know how people use them. But the ones I prefer are getting difficult to find now.

Airpod pros changed my life, y'all crazy.
Yep...I mainly listen to tv through my airpods which always sync nicely with my Apple TV device. The sound quality is quite nice, especially for bluetooth. As Egon mentioned though, one can't beat real wired headphones, but the convenience of bluetooth is too great for me, and it has improved in quality.

I thought about wall-mounting my TV but it is a rather large flat screen (55 inches I believe). It would probably fit nicely over the mantel of my fireplace - the only place for it really unless I completely 180'd my room layout - but that would require constantly having my neck craned up to watch from a sitting position.

TV's should be at eye height. That's perfectly doable with wall mounts. If people are mounting them higher they are doing it wrong.

Am I the only one who hate noise ?

I'm suffering from a probably-pathological hatred for noise.
In particular, I loathe any noise that could be constrained by acting with a bit of civility (like loud music, dogs left barking, people shouting and laughing loudly in the middle of inhabited locations). Silence is golden is one saying I'm really taking to heart.
Depends on the noise. Traffic noise is pure cancer. Living next to a busy road would break me.

I've started to adopt wireless accessories, with mostly good results.

2 years ago I got a pair of cheap wireless headphones for my phone. The feature that drew me at the time was that they sit behind the neck instead of on top of your head, but it turned out they have great sound and great battery life. A year later, I bought another one, just to have, in case they stop making these particular ones.

Earlier this year, I got a more expensive pair of noise-canceling headphones for playing games and watching movies & tv on my pc. They're heavy and clunky and go over the top of the head. I couldn't stand ever wearing them while I'm out and about, but for gaming and watching movies at home they're pretty good. It's almost weird having the sound of whatever I'm watching not change while I'm moving around the room, or even to other rooms. I get the directionality of sound and I pick up background sounds that I never did while watching movies and shows with regular speakers. Unfortunately the battery life is less than spectacular, and the range isn't great, so they're not ideal for listening to music while I'm doing stuff around the house. If I go to the kitchen, the sound stutters, and if I go onto the back porch they're all but useless. It's not important, since I have no reason to use them on my back porch, but if I lived in a house rather than an apartment, I wouldn't be able to walk around listening to music with these.

Then a few weeks ago, I got a wireless mouse. Performance-wise, it seems fine. I don't play any competitive, multiplayer games, but I don't notice any difference from the wired mouse in single-player shooters like Fallout 4 and Prey. As with the gaming headphones, the battery charge doesn't seem awesome. I don't regret the purchase, but I can't really say it justified the extra cost, either. It hasn't been as useful as the two pairs of wireless headphones. A good wired mouse probably would've been fine, and cost less. It works just as well as a wired mouse, but other than not having a wire to manage, I guess I'm not sure what the point of these is.

Anyone else get annoyed when people stop in the crosswalk when no one is behind them? That is just rude.

I hear things more clearly with my airpods than I do with my over ear Dt 770, my over ear audio technica ath m50x. The bias on the airpods is really nice for listening as well. Charging them is the easiest thing ever, they go in am incredibly ergonomic charging case that also makes them easier to carry. If I lose the case, I can check on my phone for its location or even have it ping a noise.

I can use them as noise cancellers, which helps me sleep through the early morning construction going on around me.

I can use them as hearing aids to amplify and clarify the sound around me, allowing me to hear people better.

Changing between sound modes doesn't require I access my phone, I can switch from cancellation to amplification directly and easily with a quick press and hold on the right pod.

The battery life goes way longer than is my desire to listen to music, and can be charged on the go.

They fatigue my ears less than over ear headphones.'

The wire doesnt bump into me as I walk, the cans don't creak, they don't weight anything on my neck. They don't catch the wind like the over ears.

They fit more comfortably in my ears than other headphones. They stay snug.

Holidays.

Anyone else get annoyed when people stop in the crosswalk when no one is behind them? That is just rude.
I have a big beef about people and their crapola, Commodore 64-quality pathfinding algorithms. The “spirit” of the thread is to find something more where you suspect you are in the minority on it, although I complain a lot more about human traffic than most based on my observation.

Holidays.
I like holidays, I suppose, but not with some of the baggage that comes with them: every family member wanted an exorbitant amount of time when I had only a few days off to visit, and especially after I moved overseas I’d be jet-lagged and worn out, shuttling from domicile to domicile. I’ve given up on visiting over holidays, and given now that almost everyone I know there is retired I would hope the flexibility in scheduling is a something they can compromise on. :lol:

I think the thing I am most unusual in hating is sets of glasses that all look the same.

When you buy a set of say six drinking glasses the primary purpose it entertaining. Sure, most of the time you use them them may just be within your household, but you do not care about them matching then. The time you care about them looking good is when you are serving drinks to up to six people who have come round to visit. In such situations when all the glasses look the same "whose drink is that" almost always becomes an issue at some point. Glasses that look different are objectively functionally superior in such situations. I therefore hate matching sets of glasses, and the fact that almost all such sets are matching indicates such hate is rare.

I need to find somewhere to put my TV and wall mounted would save a lot of space. What I really want it an artwork that will sit in front of it when it is off, and moved out of the way (perhaps above) when the TV is in use.

I cannot stand in ear headphones. I do not want to have something sticking into my ear much more than I want something sticking into any other of my orifices.

I dislike smartphones, and by now i have that almost exclusive. Feels good.
I dislike many features of smartphones, and use them very differently from most people. They are really good tools for some jobs though.

I dislike smartphones, and by now i have that almost exclusive. Feels good.
That "almost" came in well. Fellow smartphone-hater here.

a new one, maybe too serious for this thread if so just tell me off

Am I the only one who hates that there's no non-creepy way to tell someone they look attractive without it being creepy/sexual. Maybe I want to compliment someone's looks but I don't want to take them to bed necessarily.

Is there a culture or time where this is a thing or at least more acceptable? As in like, actually acceptable, and not people on the receiving end just being socially expected to endure unwanted compliments.

Did you do your hair different? New shirt/shoes? You can compliment that.

Ultimately, though, calling somebody pretty opens you up, and they're going to judge the comment based on if they want you calling them pretty. If you're in an environment that stigmatizes men's attention, it's a risky statement.

I like my phone, and I like my retro drinking glasses that come as a set. They’re more for decoration than use; their monetary value is outweighed by their emotional value. I’m clutching to an era of taste long gone by.

On the smartphone, its ability to act as a dictionary, a reference guide, a detailed atlas, and a logbook combined into something that slips into my pocket is a lot more convenient than carrying around a bunch of disorganized papers and whatnot.

Yup..the smartphone is pretty much ubiquitous now, and for many, like me, essential on a personal and professional level. It's nice having a little computer to carry around with you and, as amadeus mentioned. access to info anywhere you go - and I used GPS quite a lot. However, one thing I don't like is the smartphones effect on human interaction. For instance, when hanging out with friends or even in a restaurant or cafe, everyone is sittin' around just focused on their phones. I guess I've been guilty of that myself, but I think often the case is that I bury myself in my phone because everyone else I'm with is already hypnotized by their own. Regardless, I basically consider my iphone an extension of my own person and have trained myself to always be mindful of where it is...usually in my hand.

(Do you own a smartphone, My? ;))

I don’t know how much more stunted in-person interaction is with the addition of smartphones; my inclination is to say that it becomes reflective of interest in the other persons, where I’m not going to look at my phone if I’m more engaged in conversation.

It is easy to be zombified by them though…

My pet peeve is background noise, particularly the unnecessary kind.

So less an issue with traffic, or people, but it drives me insane the amount of piped music (some of it super loud) that exists in almost any public location.

Why does a shop need to have music?
Even worse, why does a restaurant or bar? I go to dinner or drinks to speak to people. If I can’t hear the person next to me, literally what is the point. Why does anyone find this enjoyable?

It’s Christmastime and the malls here didn’t pay for the rights to the actual classics. You can guess how I feel.

Top Bottom