Am I too far away to Declare War?

CalGal

Chieftain
I would like to declare war on Napoleon, but geographically he is a continent away. How can fight him if I can't reach him?? Do I need to wait until my cities expand in that direction? That will take eons.... !:(

Researching astronomy will allow you to travel on ocean tiles that are not within your cultural borders. So either try to find a way onto his continent by only traveling on the coast (light blue), or research astronomy, and sail the high seas to victory!

If you're looking to attack someone on another continent, having a handful of frigates with some privateers should get the job done if they have coastal cities. That's the best way to "expand" in that direction. :thumbsup:

Worth mentioning is that you can DoW without actually fighting. If your military is very powerful, one can be offered cities in a peace deal without ever firing a shot. You can then use the gifted territory to launch a proper invasion ten turns later.

Get a embassy and send a spy. Eventually you'll find a way to their cities. ..

You`re being a little too impatient. You need to wait until you`ve discovered the ability to travel overseas. The reason you can`t go far yet is because in Civilization`s real history, people could not sale far from shores or they would risk their boats being sunk as they were not seaworthy enough (there`s also a certain fear of the unknown as well). It all makes sense if you think in terms of what was possible in real life before man could easily sail about. :)

However, you can still declare war and the nation you declare war might travel over to you!

Top Bottom