America - Theodore Roosevelt Thread

I hadn't seen the other video concerning unstacking cities that's linked from the First Look: America one, has that been around for a while?

No, it's just as new. Has a comparative death of information though. Shots of the Aqueduct & Alhambra/Mosque of Djenne? though.

So anyone know what the wonder is at 1:31 on the bottom left? Is it new?

Looks like there are pagodas in the cultural religious districts toward the end of the video.

Black/Green bordered civ at 1:26

New Wonder on the bottom left at 1:31?

I think that's the Great Library

I am pleasantly surprised by the amount of unique elements. This America - Teddy Civ looks great.

Hats off to Ed and his team.

Its easier to consider giving people the vote because of better sanitation (allowing urbanization, big masses of non-landowners smashed into small space... give them a vote to help shut them up, or they cause trouble... and they aren't quite as disgusting anymore so I guess they are OK)

Seeing as the sewage system is likely the second building in the "growth" district", it doesn't have to do with their own hygiene just the fact there are more people. The 'voice of the masses' only really matters when there can actually BE a mass.

are they going to be doing these every week? that would be nice any info before was just random.

I am pleasantly surprised by the amount of unique elements. This America - Teddy Civ looks great.

Hats off to Ed and his team.
so much uniqueness, its pretty awesome, is it confirmed that Rough Riders are from Teddy's UA and not a UU (but are) its getting a bit confusing with all of this unique stuff.

At 1:08, at the bottom of the screen in the "entertainment" district south of Charleston, there is what looks like a circus (horse racing).

I was a bit worried that all the free policy changes after researching a civic would trivialise your choice of government since you have so many opportunities to respec for free. Glad to see you get bonuses for sticking to the same government for a long time. I hope they come in tiers.
But quicker legacy bonuses is a strange UA for a country that has had the same form of government and the same constitution since it was founded. I think it would have been better for Russia or Poland because they've gone from Monarchy to "Communism" to Democracy (or "Democracy") in less than a century.

Also, if you pause at 1:41 right after Chichen Itza there looks to be a wonder in the top right and it looks like the Hanging Gardens to me...

I was a bit worried that all the free policy changes after researching a civic would trivialise your choice of government since you have so many opportunities to respec for free. Glad to see you get bonuses for sticking to the same government for a long time. I hope they come in tiers.
But quicker legacy bonuses is a strange UA for a country that has had the same form of government and the same constitution since it was founded. I think it would have been better for Russia or Poland because they've gone from Monarchy to "Communism" to Democracy (or "Democracy") in less than a century.

Agreed on the UA, kind of an odd choice for 'Murica

I'm not sure what their definiton of "government" is but if they just mean switching cards within the same government, I think that's exactly what we have right now.

But on its face, I'd say it's a bit odd but if I were to play devils advocate I'd say,

1. Technically, we peacefully switched governments 2 or 3 times, depending on how you count it. If you were to consider us a sovereign country at the time of the declaration, we had the Continental Congress, then we had the Articles of Confederation after independence. Finally, we got the constitution all with relatively peaceful and seemless transition.

2. If you look at the broad definition of government, yes we haven't changed. But when you look at details, we've changed in drastic ways. We were far more libertarian in the early days and more of a Confederation. Then we transitioned into a more federal and intervening type of government.

3. If you look at amendments and Supreme court judgements as policy switching, I'd sat we've changed alot. The whole concept of suffrage is widely different for example.

But quicker legacy bonuses is a strange UA for a country that has had the same form of government and the same constitution since it was founded.

I think the bonus is meant to reflect the fact that the US is a young nation compared to others and we got our "government bonus" pretty quickly after our founding. It did not take as long for the US to become a functioning government compared to other nations.

We know that some forms of government have bonuses separate from the policies. Perhaps these ramp up over time. America's would simply ramp up faster.

Can anyone see cottages? All I can see are the farms everywhere.

I am greatly pleased to see such a flavourful system put in place. The more differenciation between civs, the better! Also, I am really, really curious now about the whole "legacy goverments" system, how tourism will work this time, and national parks and... well, there are a thousand new systems that we don't know anything about, do we? Hell, I am still wondering about the whole "appeal" thing

Two things I haven't seen mentioned:

1. Domestic tourism is seen. (although that might just be how close the ai is to winning)

2. Instead of an eureka condition for the technology it says: "boost only through great scientist or spy" implying great scientists can still be used to boost a specific tech and that spies can be used for technology espionage.

both seen at 1:34.

Top Bottom