Design your own Civilization VII civ

Caesar of Bread

Trans Gordon Ramsay
This is basically a "design your own civ" thread, like the one Morningcalm created for VI.

I guess I'll start

America is led by Thomas Jefferson (Theodore Roosevelt or Dwight Eisenhower could be interesting too)

United States of America
Unique Bonus: Beside the Golden Door - Whenever a neighboring nation has -2 happiness or lower, gain 1 population from them. Every 3 turns of this, obtain a random Great Person.
Unique Unit: Pioneer - Replaces settler. Can be used as a scout.
Unique Infrastructure: Saloon - Replaces tavern. +2 happiness.

Thomas Jefferson
Leader Bonus: Louisiana Purchase - Cities are 1.5x cheaper to purchase from other nations.

Dwight Eisenhower
Leader Bonus: Interstate Highways - Military units have 2x strength when on a trade route.

Theodore Roosevelt
Leader Bonus: Big Stick Policy - +3 culture and +3 diplomacy per colonial city taken. +3 culture per natural park. Gains Rough Rider UU when researching Riflery.

Last edited:
I like the immigrant style mechanic. "Beside the gold door" is a new phrase for me, but I am not from the states.

I like the immigrant style mechanic. "Beside the gold door" is a new phrase for me, but I am not from the states.
I got it from Emma Lazarus' The New Colossus, which is inscribed (I think) on the Statue of Liberty:

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Germany with Hitler. When you choose Fascism you can spread it, like you do with religion. Your units gain +10 combat strength when fighting in another Civ that you have spread Fascism to. Your units lose -10 combat strength when fighting in Russia. You get 30% production towards Rocketry and all related projects. Your builders can create Stalags. After you build them, you can capture enemy units and store them there instead of killing them which keeps your units at full strength instead of taking a health hit from combat. After you capture a civ, you can release prisoners from Stalags, who become your units.

No publisher is going to publish a game with Hitler in it, or one where POW’s are basically slaves.

Here is my idea

Frederick the Great, Leader of the Prussians

Leader Ability: Army With A State, +1 Wildcard Slot in all governments

Prussia
Unique Infrastructure: Cantonment (replaces Encampment). Half cost to build, provides +2 housing, Food and Culture. Each buidling provides an additonal +1 Housing, food and culture

Unique Units
Teutonic Knight: melee unit, replaces swordsman
Melee 38, move 2, no gold maintenance, +8 strenght in enemy territory
Krupp Field Gun: ranged unit, replaces Field Cannon
Strength 50, ranged strength 70, move 2

Your units lose -10 combat strength when fighting in Russia.
No. Russia : all units fight with -10 strenght within the territory of any of your cities while your troops are defending.
OR
Russia : all units suffer a -5 health penalty for every turn passed in Russia's territory.
OR
Russia : you can regain production by destroying your districts for producing units. (don't forget to delete all other improvments too !)

Top Bottom