American Civil War Playthrough Video

Don't units get randomly assigned leaders upon their first combat in the Civil War scenario? I thought I saw something about this but I couldn't find it in the "what we know" thread.

I never thought I'd see the Army of the Potomac commanded by someone more incompetent than McClellan. This expansion really is a brave new world.

Nice:lol: They deserve more credit though. They weren't just bad at the game. One kid admitted he grew up in the south, went to at least four civil war historical sites, and couldn't name Jefferson Davis. They could've been informed about the new features of the game and actually discussed those features during the play-through, but instead they rambled about documentaries, flags, YT user comments, blah, blah, blah. A multidimensional fail really. Very impressive.

This scenario doesn't look very impressive to me. Only 2 civs in a small map with little to no variation in combat. And why do the borders not connect with each other? I'm quite sure there weren't just a bunch of blobs in 19th century maps where the borders were. Anyways, looking forward to the Scramble for Africa scenario more.

Just commenting on borders not connecting: In Civilization, you can see everywhere inside your cultural borders. However, in the Civil War, the fog of war often extended inside your own territory. It could be a way to help represent that.

Pick them up on a Steam sale - they're one of my favorite civs!:D

(Plus the scenario's not half bad either if you're into that sort of thing.)

:woohoo: Jumping for joy!!! Civ franchise is 75% off this weekend!!! Got the Inca for $1.87!

Was about to post here that it was on sale. Grats.

Yup, and get it while its hot BNW 10% off, I got that as well! a savings of $3 is $3! :D

:woohoo: Jumping for joy!!! Civ franchise is 75% off this weekend!!! Got the Inca for $1.87!

Damn. I hate when Steam does this. I feel like an idiot for not waiting for these offers.

Anyway, enjoy the Inca. They're a great Civ.

Damn. I hate when Steam does this. I feel like an idiot for not waiting for these offers.

Anyway, enjoy the Inca. They're a great Civ.

Unless it's new and/or you just HAVE to have it, never buy on Steam unless it's on Sale. In seasonal sales (summer, christmas, etc) don't buy until the last day of the sale or until an already reduce item has been reduced further by the daily or flash sales. Rules of frugal steam gaming, of which most of you probably already know.

Top Bottom