Americans seek better life......In Finland

Volum

The Zapper
Spoiler :
Read it in a norwegian newspaper, and dug upp an english linky for you

http://www.hs.fi/english/article/Five+US+citizens+seek+asylum+from+Finland+/1135230456002

Five U.S. citizens seek asylum from Finland

All in a day's work, they say, but it was not exactly a routine occurrence for the immigration officials at Helsinki-Vantaa International Airport on Tuesday evening, when a family of five United States citizens asked for asylum in Finland.
The group arrived in Finland from another Schengen country. This is unlikely to improve their prospects of being granted asylum, owing to the terms of the Dublin Convention, which generally assumes that someone seeking asylum is required to apply in the member-state first entered.

The authorities are not at liberty to divulge the reasons given for the application for asylum, but at least according to current information it is not believed to have any connection with the war in Iraq.

It is quite exceptional for US nationals to seek asylum in Finland.
According to the statistics of the Directorate of Immigration (UVI), before Tuesday's events just one American citizen had filed an asylum application here during the current decade. The Directorate will now consider the latest application.
The story was first reported on the online portal of Ilta-Sanomat on Wednesday.

They where already in Europe since they came from another schengen country so theyr probably likely to get denied. Maybe Finland is going to get a lot of troubles with illegal immigrants from the US soon, better start building a wall soon :mischief:

But seriously, FINLAND :crazyeye:

Finland, Finland, Finland
The country where I want to be
Pony trekking or camping
Or just watching TV
It's the country for me

You're so near to Russia
So far from Japan
Quite a long way from Cairo
Lots of miles from Vietnam

The country where I want to be
Eating breakfast or dinner
Or snack lunch in the hall
Finland has it all

You're so sadly neglected
And often ignored
A poor second to Belgium
When going abroad

The country where I quite want to be
Your mountains so lofty
Your treetops so tall
Finland has it all

The country where I quite want to be
Your mountains so lofty
Your treetops so tall
Finland has it all

Finland has it all

If Monty Python says it, it has to be true!

I think they should try Albania instead. That country also allows asylum of ex-Guatanamo Bay prisoners, so I'm sure they will help those US immigrants aswell! :D

My condolences to Finland.

You know, I would love to live in Finland, Norway or Sweden. Best places to live, ever.
You've seen the truth, man. :smug:

So, how come the Scandinavian countries are able to have such great standards of living with this geographical situation? Pure progressiveness.

Sure, with only 10% christians (in Sweden, that is) maybe it isn't a very lovely place for americans to be. :D

So, how come the Scandinavian countries are able to have such great standards of living with this geographical situation? Pure progressiveness.

Sure, with only 10% christians (in Sweden, that is) maybe it isn't a very lovely place for americans to be. :D

What are the other 90% then??

I think they just came to off themselves, I mean, that's what's Finland's for, right? Cold whether and people killing themselves.

Yay for stereotypes

I think they just came to off themselves, I mean, that's what's Finland's for, right? Cold whether and people killing themselves.

Yay for stereotypes

You Israelis should come and help us with that wall, you're after all experts in wall and fence construction.:p

yay, for mean sterotypes..

Top Bottom