An Empty World

Barak

Emperor
I started a new game in 1.00 as Arabia. At the start I noticed a great deal of black around me. Urshalim, As-Sur, Sana'a and Parsa flipped to me :D . Then I noticed why....Persia, Greece, Egypt and Rome no longer exist. The world is barbarian!

The east still lives, but Europe and the Mesopotamia are all barbarian.

This will be a FUN game I think, too bad my units will be limited in exp to 10.

When could they resurrect?

Still playing that game (a real challenge).

Spain spawned as expected. Due to barbarian city flips, they now have 5 cities in Iberia.

France also spawned as expected, Bordeaux is the capital however, not Paris.

Interestingly enough the barbarian Axe and Swords are not attacking them...only me :(

India has fallen to the barbarian state as well.

Also....the cities that fliped to me did not get temple nor cathedral.

In my Rome game, Persia, India and China were all destroyed by barbarians. As a matter of fact, they are very developed barbarian countries! I think the AI can´t handle too many barbarians very well...

France also spawned as expected, Bordeaux is the capital however, not Paris.

That happened to me too...

Monarch is the middle one, right? That one.

A similar thing happened to me, I was playing as America on monarch, at first nothing seemed wrong, the Aztecs were in the south, the British came and began to colonize a few turns after I started, i met the spanish and the french, but after exploring the world more I realized that everything between spain and Japan belonged to barbarians! The only nations left were me (America), England, Spain, Japan, Mali, Aztecs, Mongolia, Incans and France, of thoes, only Spain and Mali were christian, and Japan and Mongolia were confusist, none of them had a holy city. As I continued to play I watched as the barbarians crept farther west into europe, killing off france and taking the eastern spanish cities.

My world is quite empty too. I am playing as Persia on Monarch at about 720 AD. China, Greece and India (by me) are dead, in the world builder i can see Rome is restricted to Italy and has rebuilt its northern city,Egypt has been pillaged completely by barbarian camel archers, and should soon collapse. Rome had captured Constantinople, but recently lost it, so many barbarians are starting to attack me from the west. Three or four horse archers spawn west of the himalayas every few turns which are soon stopped by a garrison on hills/forest there, but i think an AI would have been crushed long ago, leaving a more empty world like others have reported. All the jungle in India has really been helpful, it has stopped all the barbarians who ravaged China attacking me, though I think they have begun taking the long way through central Asia. I think Spain and France will be very powerful when they spawn, as there are many barbarian cities in western/SW Europe.

Now with 101 the barbs are not too bad, but in my latest "American Run", India, China and Persia fell to barbs again.

Top Bottom