Ancient/Pre-Steam Unit Graphics

Imperium is one of the best scenarios ever. Your talent really does it justice.:goodjob:

I'll swap you ToT versions of these for AWI Brit campaign events :mischief: :lol:

No problem ;)

I´m currently working on the British Campaign. I´m trying to make this a challenge and simultaneously a typically Civ2 game with a small tech tree, city improvements and maybe some Engineers for building irrigation/roads.

Thankfully the events allows me to play a little bit. Beware, these colonists will be a very hard nut to fight against. :D

Work progresses on the Imp Rom Eng gfx. Here's a mixed bag of late Spartan, Athenian and Theban hoplites, Macedonians, Persians and pre-Marian Romans:

Attachments

• ImpRomEng bits n bobs2.png
    ImpRomEng bits n bobs2.png
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,160
Macedonians and Successors, with apologies to Tanelorn for tweaking his Prodromoi, hyapaspist and Alex unit. :)

Attachments

• fairline MAK n DIADOCHI.png
    fairline MAK n DIADOCHI.png
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,054
These are great! I consider it an honour, man :)
P.S. I think I can crop out those Egyptians from the 2010 Sea King peview screens immediatelly (if you don't mind), unless EZrhino bumps back into the community (much, much preferable- please do EZ)

No need mate - I've dug them out of my old PC. I hope Erin doesn't mind me posting them, but they're 5 or 6 years old and in dire need of replacing. In fact, I may make it my next project....

Attachments

• seakings units 2007.png
    seakings units 2007.png
    175.1 KB · Views: 1,071
  • sea kings units 280308.RAR
    194.8 KB · Views: 139
You wouldn't happen to have any Phoenician or Hellenic Triemes floating around would you? If not I think I can adapt the ones you posted for A Soaring Spirit.

Here you go: a plethora of different sized polyremes. I'm still not convinced BeBro's needed replacing, but I got carried away making units for Imperium Romanum. All done with the latter, and moving on to people and city pics.

Obviously the last few ships are specifically Roman, but I can adapt them to Hellenic / Hellinistic as required.

EDIT: tweaked the pentekonter sail position due to obsessive-compulsive anality :)

Attachments

• fairline polyremes.png
    fairline polyremes.png
    28 KB · Views: 977
Wow, these are very great units. Can´t await to see the updated Imperium Romanum scenario. It was, together with Bebro's Cross and Crescent one of my favorite scenarios.

Btw, I´m currently updating the techtree of my AWI scenario. I hope that I can start with the events in the next few days. As soon as a first playtest version is ready, I will send you the files.

Fantastic vessels Fairline! I agree that BeBro's units were prefectly adequate, I was just being greedy and looking for a unit file that where all the units matched. I feel a bit guilty now, but these ships make the guilt worth it :D

Fantastic vessels Fairline! I agree that BeBro's units were prefectly adequate, I was just being greedy and looking for a unit file that where all the units matched. I feel a bit guilty now, but these ships make the guilt worth it :D

No worries Drew, I'm really enjoying doodling at the moment. Now's a good time to ask me for stuff if you need it. Except planes :D

Btw, I´m currently updating the techtree of my AWI scenario. I hope that I can start with the events in the next few days. As soon as a first playtest version is ready, I will send you the files.

Nice one. Looking forward to it :)

No need mate - I've dug them out of my old PC. I hope Erin doesn't mind me posting them, but they're 5 or 6 years old and in dire need of replacing. In fact, I may make it my next project....
Not at all Gareth. I still plan on releasing Sea Kings as it is basically complete, but for now I have engineering exams that shouldn't be trifled with. Over spring break I will mostly be out applying for internships, but perhaps I'll make some time for civilization too:) Very pleased to see the community is still ticking. It's awesome. Also, beautiful units Gareth, I like the Persian Immortal and Kardaka 'Hoplite' especially!

By the way, in case anyone is interested here are the 'outtakes' missing from the units.bmp that Gareth posted. Cheers:)
Seakings_Outtakes.png

Edit: I don't know how to make the image appear in the post in addition to the attachment preview, but if you're interested just click on the attachment.

Top Bottom