AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Is that a newly started game? Looks VERY BIG :eek:
What map size and script did you set? And what are your PC values?

Yes - started it 2 days ago. Its the scenario with the 26? Civs from beginning on eternal game-speed.

I have a
Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3,3 GHz
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
Win 10

All the RoM AND Games are big like this, at least with this scenario and size...

Yes - started it 2 days ago. Its the scenario with the 26? Civs from beginning on eternal game-speed.

I have a
Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3,3 GHz
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
Win 10

All the RoM AND Games are big like this, at least with this scenario and size...
It's a long time I don't try scenarios, it might be a problem of starting units or techs that have been removed lately.

45°38'N-13°47'E;14315836 said:
It's a long time I don't try scenarios, it might be a problem of starting units or techs that have been removed lately.

Ok - very curious: Now i tried it again and it worked - BUT: This time one or more ai dont get fishing (which would speed the research for me to 5 turns or so) So it looks like it has something to do with that...

Just go to the WorldBuilder (CTRL+W) and edit the city to your will. I know it's cheating, but that's the only way to remove a NW or WW.

Another option would be to just play with Unlimited Wonders on, with all the pros and cons that come with it. Though that doesn't help any for a game already in progress :blush:

Whenever I'm not playing with that option though, I always reserve "minor" NW's like Brewery and Paper Mill for backwater cities that won't ever accomplish much in terms of being productive. Why waste those precious wonder slots on core cities?

Another option would be to just play with Unlimited Wonders on, with all the pros and cons that come with it. Though that doesn't help any for a game already in progress :blush:
...or he can also install my Wonder/Full Cities module. That's between normal and unlimited and can be implied to a running game too! :D

Erm - i got another problem now:

I got pigs next to my city, got now animal husbandary but i cant build a pasture on them? (pasture on horses works) The menu shows me that i need vertical farming for it - lol.

Edit:

Ah! I pilaged the farm now and now it works... curious...

Tally-ho there, lads.
I've got another nasty issue for you, so any wise ideas?
It's not ruining the process of gaming, still picture of this Brave New World is suffering, so is mine mood because of it. There's no view of models of buildings in the cities, nor my civ, nor foes. Only buildings are walls, castle, barricades, citizens housing blocks, national and world wonders. Thats it.

No coastal buildings like ports or lighthouses, or barracks, markets, aqueducts, public transport, etc.
In visual options I've marked "show coastal buildings".
Build is 989 - aye, pretty old, but haven't internet on big comp, so took this masterpiece RoM AnD through my busted tablet.

Even reinstalled it few times. Even deleted whole game and install it back. Hm. In regular BtS all models of buildings are present.

Erm - i got another problem now:

I got pigs next to my city, got now animal husbandary but i cant build a pasture on them? (pasture on horses works) The menu shows me that i need vertical farming for it - lol.

Edit:

Ah! I pilaged the farm now and now it works... curious...

Yes, this is a bug with Dome Farm's ability to upgrade both Farm and Pasture. I will look into it a little, but I don't think it is something I can fix and we will have to wait for 45*.

Tally-ho there, lads.
I've got another nasty issue for you, so any wise ideas?
It's not ruining the process of gaming, still picture of this Brave New World is suffering, so is mine mood because of it. There's no view of models of buildings in the cities, nor my civ, nor foes. Only buildings are walls, castle, barricades, citizens housing blocks, national and world wonders. Thats it.

No coastal buildings like ports or lighthouses, or barracks, markets, aqueducts, public transport, etc.
In visual options I've marked "show coastal buildings".
Build is 989 - aye, pretty old, but haven't internet on big comp, so took this masterpiece RoM AnD through my busted tablet.

Even reinstalled it few times. Even deleted whole game and install it back. Hm. In regular BtS all models of buildings are present.

We have some adjustments to the graphics that are displayed to prevent the mod from being slowed to a crawl or outright overloading due to too many graphics. From what I have heard, Civ4's graphics engine is very poorly optimized and so it can choke on too much stuff. (This is a reason why I have been deleting unused ethnic unit arts and consolidating unit styles. I'm trying to make AND a good platform for modmodding.)

If you want to make all buildings visible, you need to edit A_New_Dawn_GlobalDefines.xml in the Assets\XML folder.

Look for the following code at lines 448-450.
Code:
		<DefineName>SHOW_BUILDINGS_LEVEL</DefineName>
		<iDefineIntVal>3</iDefineIntVal>
	</Define>

Change the 3 to 131 and it will make all buildings visible. The reason for 131 is that the system interprets this number in binary and it is treated as 10000011. The last 1 shows Wonders. The second-to-last 1 shows city defense buildings. The first 1 is used to show non-Wonder, non-defense buildings. The zeroes are undefined flags. (This comes from C2C and I don't know if they have ever gone back and defined the other flags; we haven't.)

Thank you, mate. I'll try asap (I.e. when my dad will get enough of his *yack* skyrim).

Edit:

Awwwwwyeaaaaaa. Game's shining like a freshly minted dime. Vokarya, you're the man, man.

I think I found why running Slavery is generating Fast Workers from combat. There is an off-by-one error in picking the chosen unit from A_New_Dawn_GlobalDefines.xml. It currently picks unit 38 in Civ4UnitInfos.xml, but the counting seems to start from 0, not 1. I tried it with 38 and got Fast Workers. I tried it with 37 and got Workers. I tried it with 1 and got Captured Lions, which is the second unit on the list. It's a very easy fix and I have added it to an upload I will make sometime today.

Yes, this is a bug with Dome Farm's ability to upgrade both Farm and Pasture. I will look into it a little, but I don't think it is something I can fix and we will have to wait for 45*.
I'll take care of it once I'm back, I've put it on my to do list.

I think I found why running Slavery is generating Fast Workers from combat. There is an off-by-one error in picking the chosen unit from A_New_Dawn_GlobalDefines.xml. It currently picks unit 38 in Civ4UnitInfos.xml, but the counting seems to start from 0, not 1. I tried it with 38 and got Fast Workers. I tried it with 37 and got Workers. I tried it with 1 and got Captured Lions, which is the second unit on the list. It's a very easy fix and I have added it to an upload I will make sometime today.

Hahaha I assumed it was working as intended because I always play as India

Possible this bug also affects plantations? Had a riverside plot with a farm on it and rubber showed up once the tech was researched. Tried to put a plantation there but the worker had no "create plantation" button available when on the tile. Had to pillage it with a military unit down to a bare tile before the button showed up so I could put a plantation on the tile. Current game is rev 1018.

On a separate note, it's been some time since I've played this mod, lots of interesting changes since I last tried it back on rev 850 or something I think. Thanks to you and the rest of the team for continuing to work on this mod, really has come a long way.

Sorry for interruption again, lads, but I've got another small non critical bug(or it is not bug?). There were more soldiers/vehicles/cavalrymen in a unit before, and somehow it got back to the standard view.

How to solve it, would somebody be so kindly?

Sorry for interruption again, lads, but I've got another small non critical bug(or it is not bug?). There were more soldiers/vehicles/cavalrymen in a unit before, and somehow it got back to the standard view.

Probably the Formations module. Look at Assets\Modules\MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml. The <bLoad> for Formations has to be set to 1 to get the expanded numbers of models per unit.

Uncheck "Single Unit Graphics" from graphics options menu. AFAIK the standard view is the one with multiple units.

No can do, it's unchecked.
I meant that in RoM AnD there's more troopers' models in unit than in regular Civ game.
Now it's back to the regular three for example archers in Archer unit instead of five.
I know, that's not THAT big bug but I guess that I've got used for big massacre with many not vanishing corpses on the battlefield. Now it's back to the regular. At least siege tower still there.

Ah, wait, now there more models in unit.

Oh. Seige tower lost. That's not good.
Does anybody know what's with seige visual effects like seige tower, etc?

Top Bottom