Angering natives when sacking colonies [tac]

Juanholio

Warlord
I've been playing the harder skill levels and as such the natives seem to have very little tolerance of encroachment. Obviously having a strong military puts them off being too hostile. What seems weird is that having declared war on England at the request of a couple of tribes (well one and the other was also at war so got the diplo bonus) I was quite surprised when they declared war on me. We had overwhelming postive exchanges but then I noticed the 'you stole our land' penalty was as high as 7, even though I had no borders with them and didn't occupy any of the colonies I took (just to thow England out the race). It seems kinda stupid that even though we had no contested borders and I was aiding them the fraction of a second between invading the colony and razing it counts as 'stealing land' rather than liberating it. He went from pleased to war after the 4th colony fell. Is this a TAC thing or just a quirk of the game?

To the best of my knowledge, this has been inherited from Vanilla.
Unfortunately, the calculation of "culture", it's spreading and then the influence on the diplo relations offers some potential for improvement, to name it in a positive way.

Top Bottom