Animated avatars allowed?

They distract people and are a pain to look at. BTW how come people are able to upload gifs as avatars?

It takes AGES to load them

It wouldn't take any longer to load them if they were still with-in the acceptable size limit.

ps: I have to post another 220 messages before I can even choose my own avatar

pps: whats the difference between a smiley that can do this
--> :eek: and an avatar that can blink?

ppps: How do you create a multi layer gif.

Smilies are used to enchance a post. An avatars purpose is different. You'll also notice that there is minium movement in most smilies. The avatar in Q moves it's head from side to side very quickly and rapidly, the smiley you posted has it's eyes bulge and the speed is slower then most animated avatars I have seen. And the smilies are small also and don't draw the eyes attenion.

Originally posted by Duke of Marlbrough

munzy, huh?

Shoot! You beat me! ;)

Originally posted by MarineCorps
BTW how come people are able to upload gifs as avatars?
Gifs are sometimes smaller than Jpegs, depending on what program you use.

Originally posted by Yoda Power
Gifs are sometimes smaller than Jpegs, depending on what program you use.

That wasn't what I meant ;) I meant how are they able to upload them why not just ban gifs from being uploaded as avatars? Or is the where the avatars uploaded to the same place as otheres?

Originally posted by Gogf
Not to try to attack anyone, but what was the point of that post?
someone directed a question at me, but it was answered by someone else. I just pointed out that that was my answer too (in case they were after a specific answer from me).

@MarineCorps: GIFs also allow transparancy, JPG does not.

Originally posted by h4ppy
Hehe, he's had it for months and I was the only one to notice, I feel special.

I noticed it months ago... didn't feel the need to be a nark. :D

BTW how come the Bores or whatever his name is still has his avatar? I thought TF could change peoples avatars.

Originally posted by MarineCorps
BTW how come the Bores or whatever his name is still has his avatar? I thought TF could change peoples avatars.

Well, if Bores does not change his avatar. I beleve one of the mods who comes across him would ban him/her for 3-7 days, depending on the moderator.

hoe many posts do you need to have done to be able to upload your own avatar please?

Top Bottom