Ank13 - Monty goes into Space

Ankka

Deity
Yeah. I started running out of SG's, and 'cause noone else is starting vanilla SG's, I have to start one myself.

We're playing a basic OCC game. With one little twist: this time we're going for Space. So a MOSR: Monarch OCC Space Race.

Yeah. I've never tried this... let's see how it goes.

And because I haven't played the Aztecs in ages, we're gonna play as Monty. Will he survive this time the Europeans and become a space civilization? We'll see.

Settings:

World size: Standard
World type: 30% Continents
Barbs: Roaming
Other world settings: random
Difficulty: Monarch
Civilization: Aztecs
Civilization version: Civilization 3 original 1.29f

Roster: [FULL]
Tomoyo
Cuivienen
bed_head7
Formula51
Ankka

So, sign up if you're up for the challenge. Note that this is a lot harder than a basic OCC 20k or Diplo game.

:cool:

I was gonna start some crazy variant vanilla SG, but then... [heavenly chorus]

I"m in. :)

I was in only 3 SG's and started thinking of something but this was the only one that sounded feasible. I don't like too big empires, you know.

Welcome. :)

EOSR... cool. :thumbsup:

I actually read your MOSR a while ago... and that inspired me.

AI can rush wonders? Oh, with GL's... but a little challenge is always fun. ;)

Currently we are a little tight on players, seems... noone interested in a light, but challenging SG?

:bump:

No-one is interested in a light, but challenging SG? :sad:

C'mon people, don't be chickens! :p

I'm going to try to get back into SGing, so I'll join. None of those starts look all that appealing, though, except maybe #4. (Though we'd have to move at least twice to get a decent settling spot.) We 100% want to be on the coast.

What cvn said is absolutely true. You need to be coastal as well as a river, both for commerce purpose.

Aztec isn't really a good choice. Since there is no seafaring in vanilla, you need a scientific civ.

Persia is probably the best choice. Industrious is great to improve your tiles fast so you can do with only one worker at the beginning. Starting with Bronze Working is also nice (Colossus).

Well, I recently found my Vanilla disc, and OSR sounds interesting. A good variant game should never go ignored for this long, so I'll join. And my preference would be for #4 also.

This looks like an interesting game to lurk.

Great, we have 4 players so I think we can start. :D

Welcome Cuivienen and bed_head7. :D

I know tha starts are bad, but I think I spent at least half an hour trying to get those... :crazyeye:

And the Aztecs are bad, but who cares? They're propably the only civ I've never played in an SG... I wonder why. :hmm:

Russia or Greece would have been my second choice.. but I played Russia in my last OCC game in the spring and Greece too some time ago..

If Azteca won't work I'll just try again. ;)

So, start #4 got the most votes... is the team ok with that or would someone like to pop some new starts?

And start #3 is actually quite ok-looking... it will just take ages to get those hills mined, but when done, it will be quite productive.

And is everyone fine with this order of play:

Tomoyo
Cuivienen
bed_head7
Ankka

The game wil lstart now with 4 players but a fifth one would be good, so we have one open spot.

Okay. I like 4 anyway. N-NE ish maybe?

Got it as soon as I see a save.

Oops, forgot save.

And I'd say E-NE rather than N-NE.

I hope this is the right save... I might have messed up their names but this should be it.

Good luck, you can play 20 turns and wwe shall play 15 from there on as we'll ever have only one city..

I'd like to join, if you'll have me. :wavey:

If I'm in, then I'd choose start #4, but there would be alot of moving, or a reroll.

Welcome, Formula.

Tomoyo, are you there? Feel free to start...

BTW, what strategy do you guys think we should take? Straight for the GLib and a few jags before that to scout... and trading..

Pre-flight: I don’t like the preferences. :ack:

4000BC: Move toward the Northeast.

3950BC: Move

3900BC: Montitzinxtlaca founded. Start Jag warrior. Full research on Bronze Working. I hope this doesn’t backfire. We have four SCI civs in the game.

3850BC: --

3800BC: --

3750BC: Finish irrigation. Start road.

3700BC: --

3650BC: --

3600BC: Road finished, Montitzinxtlaca grows.

3550BC: Jaguar Warrior – Jaguar Warrior

3500BC: Exploring.

3450BC: Exploring

3400BC: Borders expand, out pops Pottery!

3350BC: Jaguar Warrior – Jaguar Warrior. Disturb some Inca dudes.

IT: Barbs retreat our JW.

3300BC: Running away from the barbs to heal.

3250BC: Healing

3200BC: More healing.

3150BC: Jaguar Warrior – Colossus.

Meet Germany. Give them Pottery for 10 gold and BW. Start research on Alphabet.

3100BC: There are barbs in Germany.

IT: Woah! Blue city turns green. Meet the Greeks. This is bad. :eek:

3050BC: Not much.

3000BC: Bleh.

I'm afraid that I might have lost the game on my turns. The Greeks will become a monster neighbor and will dictate the tempo of the game. :(

Top Bottom