Announce: New BAT Lead

EmperorFool

Deity
:band:

Fellow Civvers,

It is with great pleasure that I present to you BAT's new stewardess, Lemon Merchant. She stepped up to the plate in the past couple months to help players get BAT 2.1 working so they could continue their games, and on her own she recently updated BAT to Varietas Delectat 8.0 (along with many of her own art fixes). We are releasing a patch for BAT 2.1 tonight. :goodjob:

Alerum has done a great job the past two years packaging BUG and BULL into a comprehensive, stylish package to further immerse you into the world of Civ, and he will continue to help out when he has time. Real life sometimes has different plans for us, and we wish him well.

Lemon Merchant has volunteered to take up the reins and guide BAT ever forward. She's done some amazing things already, and while I'll let her speak of her future plans for BAT, I can say that things are gonna get interesting.

So please join me in welcoming Lemon Merchant and thanking her for the much-needed patch. :clap:

Hi

I have a question. If you are running bat2.1 but have used Lemons fix of merging it with VD 7.5 would this new patch still work or should I just uninstall the whole thing then reinstall bat2.1 then run the patch?

Kaytie

Hi

I have a question. If you are running bat2.1 but have used Lemons fix of merging it with VD 7.5 would this new patch still work or should I just uninstall the whole thing then reinstall bat2.1 then run the patch?

Kaytie
@ Kaytie:

Just run the patch installer. It will replace the necessary files that need to be, and update the VD7.5 files. It just won't have the VD 8 files to delete. It should work just fine. :)

Thank you for the nice intro, EF. :)

I'm very pleased to have been given the opportunity to look after my favorite mod. (Sorry Phungus, LoR is number 2. ;))

As EF said, we have plenty of nifty things in store for the next release. Just to whet your appetites a bit, here's what's either finished, or in the works:

- Improved city and unit graphics.
- A corrected implementation of Varietas Delectat version 8
- A pair of graphic flavor mods to add a little spice to all things random.
- And a little something from me, which will stay a surprise for now.

EF has designed a modding framework to ease the addition of other mods into the BUG core. I'm in the process of converting the above mentioned flavor mods into that framework, and I hope to have them ready in time.

With that in mind, I am also working on porting a few Civs and the Modern Era Expansion pack for Varietas, for those of you (like me), who enjoy those features of Varietas, and would like to use them with BAT.

These will not be part of the standard BAT releases, as they don't exactly conform to the unaltered gameplay philosophy of BAT, BUG, and BULL. They will be optional add-ons, and will be released as modcomps in the modcomp threads. They will be taken care of by me, not the BUG team, so don't bug the BUG boys about them, k? They have enough to do.

These add-on packs should be ready within a week or so, and will work with the current, patched version of BAT 2.1.1a. For the next release, I need to work out a few kinks in the Civ pack's XML, and I have plenty to do already, so it may be a while for that.

So, we hope you enjoy your game with the new BAT patch, and we hope you'll have even more fun with the next release. (And no, I don't know when it will be, and if I did, I wouldn't tell anyway. So there. :p )

And in the event of a water landing, I don't know about your seat cushion, but the one I'm sitting on does not become a flotation device. You're on your own there, sorry.

Stewardess, indeed... :lol:

And thank you, Afforess. ;)

Congratulations, Lemon! :king: or should I say :queen: (too bad it doesn't come with the crooked crown).

Prob'ly time to upgrade my dusty old BUG version...

I have always suspected that Lemon Merchant might be batty.
Aw, come on. I'm doing my best to avoid the "BAT-girl" jokes...

BATs in my Belfry... :rolleyes:

Jeez. A little help here? :lol:

I would have said "Hooray!", "Congratulations!" and "Thank you very, very much!" earlier, but I was busy playing.

I figured I would only play until the first crash and then post here, but it just went on and on forever - and everything looks amazing! :)

Great patch! :goodjob: Thanks a lot!

Thanks for helping with BAT, Lemon Merchant. I am sure that the nutty civ4 eye-candy players really appreciated you stepping up.

Edit: Just a shout out to the deep deep pun in EF's post ...
She stepped up to the plate (Ruff: oh, very well done ... as in she is a batter!) in the past couple months to help players get BAT 2.1 working

Is there a new BAT download that includes BUG 4.3 and BULL 1.1 or do I have to download them separately?

Are there any compatibility issues between BUG 4.3/BULL 1.1 and BAT 2.1/BAT 2.1.1a patch?

Thanks in advance.

Is there a new BAT download that includes BUG 4.3 and BULL 1.1 or do I have to download them separately?

Are there any compatibility issues between BUG 4.3/BULL 1.1 and BAT 2.1/BAT 2.1.1a patch?

Thanks in advance.
Jeez, let me get it all tested, will ya? I only downloaded the new BUG and BULL last night. :p

Currently there is no BAT version that includes BUG 4.3 and BULL 1.1, except on my own hard disk. The next release of BAT will have both of them included, but not until the BUG Boys and I are satisfied that the new BAT won't break the new BUG and BULL releases. (It sure looks good, so far. :D)

I'm play-testing for a bit, and once I'm happy... new BAT.

The current version of BAT (2.1 along with the patch) SHOULD be stable for use with the new BUG. Not everything will work for BULL 1.1 unless you do the merging specified in BULL's readme file.

I hope the next version of BAT will release shortly, but good mods take time. Just like good food. :)

EDIT: @Cusanus: Thanks! I'm happy that you're enjoying it.

Ooh, I forget, LM, do you need me to send you a custom build of BULL with all the options on or are you compiling it on your end? [I'm still stick and my brain no worky so that's my excuse!]

Top Bottom