Annoying CtD Problem

Roll

Chieftain
Hi,

I've been unable to play FF+ due to the aforementioned CtD problem. I usually get a CtD shortly after launching a game from the custom game screen but occasionally that does not occur and I can play 1 turn before it crashes. I've tried reinstalling the addon but that doesn't seem to help.

I have no problems playing normal FF or any other addon so I do not think it is a problem with my Civ4 installation.

Any help would be appreciated.

- Roll

Same here on my 32bit Vista :(

I'm getting the same problem. One or a couple of turns into the game, I seem to crash to desktop without fail, leaving without any any error code.

I had the same problem as I started a game with Elohim. Elohim has missing art in the current version and somehow my GC didn't like that and I got a CDT after selecting a red dot scout. I checked the art folder and replaced the missing art with the one from the ffh2 patch and then it worked. After that I didn't had a CTD until turn ~400 and that one I was able to solve. Try to make a custom game without elohim and use a pangea map script just to see if thats the cause...

It's really rather hard to diagnose those problems, as I'm not getting them.

Just ran 200 turns of AI Autoplay, while testing something else... Was on Marathon rather than normal though, going to test again on normal.

First 100 turns took 2 minutes, 45 seconds. Second hundred took 4 minutes, 15 seconds. You can see that turn speed is going up, but it's not that bad.

Alright, first 100 turns on normal - 5 minutes, 32.6 seconds. With a 100 turns, that's an average of 3.326 Seconds a turn.

Second 100 turns - 19 minuts, 14.8 seconds. Translates to 11.548 Seconds a turn... Most of which was due to a massive barbarian assault, and the AI's attempt to fight back. :lol: Poor thing was on the receiving end of Orthus AND Zarcaz... Which on a normal size map, was rather odd. :lol:

Yeah, unfortunately, I am in the CTD camp as well to the point I've had to give up on FF+ in favor of Orbis where I have not seen the CTDs, even on Large and Huge maps.

Up to Turn 550 on Orbis (same game specs basically that I use with FF+) and no hiccups so far.

I'll keep reading this forum with the hopes a future patch might fix the CTD problems for me.

Vista 32 as well, but soon to be Win 7. ;)

Personally, I'm hoping that one of the bug fixes already in the working version will fix the crashes people are having. Those numbers were generated using the internal version, after all.

Most of the bugs people have mentioned are fixed... Working on new content atm. Should be out by the end of this week. Or at least, that's what I'm aiming for. ;)

Copying the Elohim art entries from normal FFH seems to have fixed the crashing issue (which I find odd since some of the games I started did NOT have the Elohim in them). You might want to put a working version of CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml in the download thread.

Thanks I was about to say the Elohim was missing some art when you posted the fix.LOL

I just managed to play a game up to about 400 turns (Epic speeds) as the Doviello, on a standard Erebus, flat map with 12 Players. Besides ending up with painful turn durations, it gave me no more problems than minor stuff already reported in the bug thread.

On attempting to start a new game as the Amurites however, I again crashed within the first couple of turns. Between the two games I used precisely the same game settings (Nothing but No-Tech-Brokering was active), so the only stuff that really differered were the civilizations in use, as they were set as Random, and naturally the map itself.

I guess if I keep trying, I'll eventually get a game that doesn't explode on me right away. :crazyeye:

My CtDs seem to happen primarily at map generation --'Initializing' is the last thing I can manage to see--; the first 10 or so turns will occasionally crash, but when/if a game can make it past those two stages then the CtDs seem to go away --for me--. I must admit however that few of my games make it very far due to time or distraction.

--Vista64, good ram, good processing computer--

Same-same.

I finished an Orbis Epic speed game on a Large map and 10 civs without a problem.

I went back and tried FF+ again and PFFFFFT....a CTD while the map (I tried Standard size was being generated). :(

And here I was thinking this was just a new thing that popped up for me.

Played a custom game as Volanna of the Svarts without any hiccups. Huge, erebus map, no difficulties ever, with it.

Tried starting another game playing the Svart Emergent leader who's go the Warlord trait..CtD during map initialization, then the second time I tried, crashed after the first turn.

I'm think the CTDs I am getting might be related to a particular civ/leader.

The reason I say that is that I always use the same game variables (map, map size, no vassals, no hell terrain, etc.) EXCEPT that allow Random for selecting the civ I play and the ones the Computer AI will play.

Well, last night I was able to start and play well into my first FF+ game in awhile. I saved that game and tried to start another - CTD.

So far, I have tried 10 additional starts of games (same variables). One started OK without problems, 8 crashed before the map was generated and one allowed the map to generate, but crashed after the first turn.

Could it be one or more civs/leaders causing the CTDs?

I guess I have to use trial and error and see which one(s) is doing this.

Again, NO problems at all with FFH2g, FF, or Orbis.

I have a CTD issue now with this modmod. I think it might have something to do with Dowsing, as I happened to save two turns before the CTD, and when I play those two turns out, the CTD happens again every time, and the only thing happening on that turn - that I can see, at least - is that Dowsing is completed.

What it /says/ however, is:

Memory Allocation Failure - Exiting Program
Reason: Bad Allocation

Confirmed: If I change productions and do not finish the Dowsing, the CTD two turns later does NOT happen.

Double Confirmed: If I later resume the Dowsing, the crash then happens on the turn the new-dowsing finishes.

I just reinstalled 22 and 75% chance starting a new game: custom 8 random civs plus myself random it will ctd after hitting create, I was using a fractal map. I had one game start on the 4th try, but after about 80 turns CTD.

As far as I am concerned this game is unplayable as downloaded, is there a patch I am missing?

Top Bottom