Another Firaxis Low Quality Product

dirtstylez79

Chieftain
Man i played 6 games where 3 of froze right when i was winning ,

Im getting used to bad products by firaxis , i remember PTW and civ 4 gamespy issues .

I mean comon dont you get quality tester or anything releasing a bug free product for xbox360 is quite easy they are all the same so you cant blame it on the you got a bad video driver version this time.

next time ill wait a year before purchasing another product from them
so im sure they have finaly patched their work so its playable.

Moderator Action: :nono: Language!
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

I've been playing every day since it's release, and no freezes so far! *fingers crossed*

With the problems the 360 has faced, it could be your hardware. It's been known to go bad from time to time.

360 version.

man i hope it aint the ring of death call

:(

the other time i was able to contact the guys playing with me using xbox live private chat and they all froze.

guy paused game and left ..

Last game it was my entire xbox that froze up i couldnt even access the menu.

Its not trolling im a civ fan and im sure you guys can understand me if you bought all firaxis games during the first week.

I wonder why they havent used some kind of system like EA or civ4 (servers)where even if you get kicked out of a game or freeze you can rejoin.

No trolling. :mad:

Anyway, to dirtstyle, I'm sure that's very disappointing. I haven't heard of this issue with many other people, however.

Not trolling, just sick of the whining. There's plenty of whiney threads already, was it really necessary for him to start another one that just reiterates previous posts?

Firaxis just didnt test their product enough, that doesnt mean its low quality one tough. Couble patches and it should run fine with Ps3 and X360.

The only annoying problem I am experiencing is the "never ending turn" bug. However it doesnt always appear so badly when I play.

havent played online tough and I am a bit dissapointed that game of the week games had/have problems (havent played for a week or 2 for some odd reason (E3, MGS4, other . .. .. .. .)

I've tried playing 3 multiplayer games so far, I quit the first one because some jerkoff was using his full timer for the first 15 turns while the rest of us were taking 5-10 seconds and I couldn't take it anymore and in the second one, the spinning gears at the end of a turn never stopped (left it there for like 15 mins) and I was forced to quit.

I kinda wonder if the latter is an exploit of some sort where your opponent is waiting you out - I think there were 3 of us in the game when it started happening, one player quit after like 30 seconds and I have to assume the other guy was just sitting there waiting too?

Even if you test the hell out of your game it is impossible to get every single bug out of it. I haven't noticed any bugs playing the single play game. The only bugs I hear about are online and are being exploited. As for freezing I haven't experienced any of that online or offline. The game will be fixed with time.

Only because I like civ so much I accept the quality of the product.

Civrev is freezing on my PS3, and no, it's nothing with the hardware as it's the only game that is freezing. If you have any doubts about testing, see the european settler problem :lol: .

2k guys - please be more careful. On the PC I understand that the hardware is more diverse and you worked on nVidia, not on ATI, but on the consoles there is no excuse.

Top Bottom