Another "won't load after DirectX prompt" topic

Codazzle

Chieftain
I read a few topics here with people having the same problem, but those solutions didn't fix the problem

I bought the GOTY edition earlier this evening, and brought home and installed it. After installing and updating I clicked the "play it now" button, and the prompt asking what version of directX I want to use comes up. I've tried selecting 9 and 10/11, and the screen will disappear regardless of option, and nothing will happen. Computer just goes back to normal (one time the series of Steam adds popped up).

I've "verified integrity of game cache" a few times, and everytime one file will fail and download, Steam will say it's ready to play, and the same thing happens (after restart or no restart)

Computer specs:
64-bit Windows
Intel i5-2500k 3.30ghz
8GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD6700 Series graphics

The computer is less than a month old, but I updated my video card drivers (I think anyways, downloaded them and ran the program!)

As a side note, I've been playing a downloaded Civ5 at fairly good settings the last month with no problems. Not too happy that me being a good boy and buying the real-thing = No Civ5 for me!

I attached the Dxdiag

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    30.6 KB · Views: 66
Did you totally uninstall the other "version"? Not sure where "it" put the game, but maybe there are some files that are incompatible to the new installation?

There may have been even trouble with files and the way steam "arranged" them. There still may be an issue with your graphics drivers that will eventually be fixed in a patch.

Well the thing with the pirate version is I don't recall installing it (it was never in my start menu and steam was never installed.) I don't even run an Iso for it. Just ran the crack and it worked. I will try that but I'm not entirely sold that that is what's causing it (I hope its that simple!)

I will try that once I return home from work as well as installing all things Civ 5 related.

Moderator Action: while we appreciate you coming here to get help regarding your question, CFC has a zero tolerance policy on piracy. Please do not discuss your pirated game further.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Top Bottom