• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Anti-Vax Movement

Would you get a COVID-19 Vaccine?

• Yes, US Citizen

Votes: 28 36.8%
  • No, US Citizen

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Yes, Rest of World

Votes: 42 55.3%
  • No, Rest of World

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • N/A - Can't

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It's not selective at all if you've been following the thread properly. Regardless of the fact that previous posts don't justify further such behaviour, and regardless of the false equivalence in presenting anti-vax and pro-vaccination as deserving of equal respect, salty mud was the one speaking out about name-calling, thus making it hypocritical to indulge in it themselves. I won't be continuing this tangent further, but as usual you can always PM if you think it necessary.

Yes, except in his indulgence of name-calling, he was directly copying the wording of an earlier post. I would assume for the purpose of making a point with a little mockery. It wasn't just coming out of thin air.

As for what level of respect either position deserves, I think we should be able to agree that "you are a moron" falls short in either case.

There is so much pressure to be the 1st to get a vaccine on the market. If anything goes wrong they can use the urgency of the situation to justify the cost/benefit.
That’s not proof somebody is lying. These vaccines are undergoing clinical trials and there are regulatory safeguards in place.

I think the burden of proof is on those making accusations of sloppy work or corruption. Do they have any credible evidence? I haven’t heard anything.

Lol, you're not serious. It doesn't have to be a large coverup or even a coverup @ all.
Conspiracies work better when the participants keep their mouths shut.

Look at this forum, you think anyone's gonna do any research before taking any prescribed cure?
No, but this is an argument against a point that I didn’t make; I said peer-reviewed, meaning evaluated by people in the scientific community. There may be some of them posting here, I don’t know what everyone’s qualifications are.

That’s not proof somebody is lying. These vaccines are undergoing clinical trials and there are regulatory safeguards in place.

I think the burden of proof is on those making accusations of sloppy work or corruption. Do they have any credible evidence? I haven’t heard anything.
There's no burden of proof as I'm not the one trying to influence the behavior of others.

If you don't believe in corruption after 30+ years on the planet I don't think I'm up to the task of helping.

Conspiracies work better when the participants keep their mouths shut.
Not necessary. I don't think the money is in hiding information, it's in making people feel a certain way. People have information overload, it's overwhelming so they default to those in their in-group to process it for them.

Displaying your "status" for all to see will surely lead to different treatment. More than a bit like it did for those who had to display the star of David so good citizens wouldn't go near them.

Sounds like fearmongering to me. Does it have to be blown up on your chest for everyone to see? Nah, it could be discreet. The main point being that it could save lives. If that offends some people's sensibilities along the way, then oh well

How is it inherited to a significant degree then (which you seem to be saying it is)?

Wikipedia says that some studies have shown "heritability of IQ between 57% and 73%." I guess that's what Kyriakos was talking about when he said "intelligence is supposed to be inherited."

But IQ is dumb.

Is the goal here to get everyone vaccinated asap before protection wears off and current infections can be resolved so we dont have a resurgence next year?

Well, maybe not the goal of the vaccine maker ;)

Is the goal here to get everyone vaccinated asap before protection wears off and current infections can be resolved so we dont have a resurgence next year?

This vaccine more than likely will turn into a flu vaccine, once a year required. I would hope that we institute the same protocols that we do with school age vaccines across the board. Employment and Schools should require proof of vaccine annually with a suspense date to avoid the most contagious period, ie prior to flu season.

Allow the scientists, experts to come up with the best possible plan for deployment ? It wont be perfect but it sure better then what is happen right now.
Oh right America, well umm yeah maybe you should like cap the profits on the vaccine like the rest of the western world ? Its like $35 dollars here for the flu shot

Flu shot is not free in the western world? :confused:

Sometimes. They are free for people who have risk factors. That's young children, pregnant ppl, the elderly, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people with things like asthma, diabetes, immune issues, lung conditions, etc. Many workplaces also make vouchers available so employees can get the shot for free, too. I haven't paid for mine that I can ever remember due to the workplace vouchers.

Last edited:
You can go to your doctor and pay out of pocket for the flu shot. But there are many options to get it free.

Some county health departments offer free shots. Schools typically offer free shots to students. Most insurance companies will cover the shots, so you spend nothing. Some employers will offer free shots.

Most of the free shots (if not paid by insurance) are one day events, as the employer or school has to coordinate a county health worker/nurse to be on site to administer the shots.

Flu shot is not free in the western world? :confused:
In the US, flu shots are free with virtually any kind of insurance and as low as $20 dollars out of pocket at any Costco's

I paid ¥4,000 (about $40 USD) for mine in Japan. I will get reimbursed from my company.

In the US, flu shots are free with virtually any kind of insurance and as low as $20 dollars out of pocket at any Costco's

For the amount you guys pay for insurance you'd bloody want to hope it was free

I haven't heard anyone paid for it in Russia. It can also be organized by employer, or you can just go to a vaccination point.
It's also obligatory for some people (IIRC medics, teachers, childcare workers)

It doesn't surprise me to find out that you are partly a nativist. You can be like a Greek Attaturk:

Ne mutlu Yunan diyene

(how happy those who call themselves Greek)

I really doubt it; after all he was jewish.
On point: just being of the same ethnicity is nowhere near close enough to justify relations of this type, so no nationalism here.

I am sorry to see how little it takes to suspect the other person, though. Ideally I'd not want you to do this, but sometimes one has to let go - in a forum different people mingle and not all are compatible with one.

Sounds like fearmongering to me. Does it have to be blown up on your chest for everyone to see? Nah, it could be discreet. The main point being that it could save lives. If that offends some people's sensibilities along the way, then oh well

If it offends someone's sensibilities, they won't do it. Unless you are of the view this kind of thing should be mandatory - at which point I think we aren't in realism anymore.

Last edited:
Top Bottom