Anticipating a January patch

So there will be a release shortly of Aztec for those who did not pre-order the vanilla game. Has anyone read anywhere of a 3rd month patch regarding more balance or math exploit fixes?

It's probably obvious many of us would like to see more work on AI competency, particularly at water military. I suppose those improvement will come in time as revelation might set upon the devs exactly how to code these kinds of things. It's, honestly, probably not hard to code an AI opponent with a build order and process to sweep in and own a human opponent, especially on higher difficulty. I'd imagine the hard part is finding the middle ground wherein it's actually fun to fight against an AI opponent with an organic-seeming build and military order, to get that appropriate amount of push and pull, and maybe a sneaky trick or two.

So, has there been any discussion or mention of things on official forums or anything insiders can share?

I expect them to couple Aztecs with a patch, and maybe another paid dlc to go with the hype.

I'd be surprised if the patch makes any significant improvements however.

We still haven't seen the Isabella DLC yet.

I doubt they are able to fix the AI. They can tune it, make it a bit better, but its so far gone there is little hope. The AI cheats like crazy on Diety, and Diety isn't even very hard. The AI basically just throws free stuff at you haphazardly. It has no grasp on any game concept. At least none that I've seen.

That said, any work they can do to help AI would be very appreciated.

I expect to see an Isabella DLC to coincide with the Aztecs thing. It would make sense to have a scenario with her and the Aztecs.

However, that's next week. There have been no major actions on the SteamDB that would indicate that this is imminent. The only thing that has happened so far this month is the prep for the Linux version.

The way they have been naming patches: 'fall patch', 'winter patch', etc could mean we shouldn't expect one until like March for a 'spring patch'. That would be a big gap though - one a month seems a better pace to me!

The way they have been naming patches: 'fall patch', 'winter patch', etc could mean we shouldn't expect one until like March for a 'spring patch'. That would be a big gap though - one a month seems a better pace to me!
I don't see how they could enable the Aztec DLC without patching the game.

Beyond Earth had Autumn, Winter and Spring patches - I'd assume something vaguely similar for Civilisation 6 (moreso, considering its status as flagship product).
I doubt they are able to fix the AI. They can tune it, make it a bit better, but its so far gone there is little hope. The AI cheats like crazy on Diety, and Diety isn't even very hard. The AI basically just throws free stuff at you haphazardly. It has no grasp on any game concept. At least none that I've seen.

That said, any work they can do to help AI would be very appreciated.
Help me understand - what Civilisation game does the AI not get bonuses per difficulty tier (above Prince) in? I understand this to be true for not only the entire franchise, but most 4x and RTS games.

Help me understand - what Civilisation game does the AI not get bonuses per difficulty tier (above Prince) in? I understand this to be true for not only the entire franchise, but most 4x and RTS games.
Ah they are just a deity domination flamer, happens every release, chill. The game is great.
It would be nice if all city states and AI civs had ancient walls at the start and keep an archer in their walls.

Given a choice between new civs and bug fixes, I'd take the latter.
Actually a good polish of the UI would not be a bad thing either. Constantly snatching away my field of view so I can't see battle results gets really old really quickly, and the map generator is quite poor this time around.

Ah they are just a deity domination flamer, happens every release, chill. The game is great.
It would be nice if all city states and AI civs had ancient walls at the start and keep an archer in their walls.
There are plenty of things that could be improved with the AI, I just like actually discussing possible ways to fix it. Not unfair criticisms that the entire industry is beholden to :p

I don't see how they could enable the Aztec DLC without patching the game.
Why? It's there from the beginning for all people who pre-ordered the game. They only have to enable it for all by swiching one parameter value or something like that. I wouldn't expect a patch with it since they have not enough time to make it (at least if we are talking about some more significant fixes).

Why? It's there from the beginning for all people who pre-ordered the game. They only have to enable it for all by swiching one parameter value or something like that. I wouldn't expect a patch with it since they have not enough time to make it (at least if we are talking about some more significant fixes).
Agreed, I bought the game ecpecting the aztecs to come. Do not deliver it and I want my money back.
I also have not and will not buy a dlc until they at least fix my friggin UU. Even then, restarts are a pain and we all do them, they just have to put that vital sabe choices/restart feature back

Top Bottom