Any mod to turn off religion?

cometheart

Chieftain
When I play some early era mod I do not want religion to be a factor, so is there any mod to turn off religion?
Or is there a method to edit any mod so I can add a certain religion to a certain part of the map and therefore religions will not be born randomly?

( In other words, how to turn off or edit religion in a certain mod you are playing? I tried to find the file but I could not find it.)

Easiest way, assuming you're playing BNW and don't mind editing a core file

Edit
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\XML\GameInfo\CIV5GameOptions_Inherited_Expansion2.xml and change
Code:
<Visible>0</Visible>
to
Code:
<Visible>1</Visible>

In Advanced Setup, there will now be an option to turn religion on/off

Easiest way, assuming you're playing BNW and don't mind editing a core file

Edit
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\XML\GameInfo\CIV5GameOptions_Inherited_Expansion2.xml and change
Code:
<Visible>0</Visible>
to
Code:
<Visible>1</Visible>

In Advanced Setup, there will now be an option to turn religion on/off

Haha, Thanks, thanks, thanks...Your method is so advanced :lol:

Could you recommend a modding tutorial to people like me so next time when I want to make a change like turning religion off I will know how to do it myself?

By the way, I just installed the worldbuilder and I found I could edit the civ5map to turn off religion.

Also, do you have answer to my question on the city appearance in different eras ?http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=571977

Dude, you didn't restart you computer for a month and a half - if that was me, my electricity bill would be insane! ;)

Top Bottom