any new dlc civs in the works?

cman2010

King
Does anyone know when any new dlc civs will be released it seems like its been a while.

Uh, I'm dying for new content. The X-Pac was big, and so was the Fall Patch, but I just need new content! I imagined some colour schemes for Portugal, which I feel like is going to be in-game: the opposite of Ethiopia. Also, if you check some of the Vanilla scenarios, you'll find some familiar colour schemes... in the 1066 scenario, Norway has the Swedish scheme colour before it was launched, on the Polynesian scenario, a civilization I don't remember the name has the same scheme colour our new Austria has. It leads to some interesting possibilities, on the WOTAW DLC, on the Korea scenario, etc. I might be totally wrong, and that was just a dumb coincidence, but, what if...

Anyways, I hope we'll be seeing some new content in the near future!

Don't worry, there will be something out soon. Seriously :D. A free of charge patch a couple of months before christmas, without a follow up chargeable DLC ? ...:crazyeye:

That doesn't mean anything. All of the patches that have been followed by DLC had included changes later used by that DLC (like new XML tags for the new traits). There was nothing like this in the last patch. In order to release a new DLC, they'd have to also release another new patch (to add in any new Civ or Unit abilities) and I don't think we're going to get another balance patch before Christmas.

There is a good chance of smaller DLC. G&K has been out for a while now, and the industry standard these days is to release some sort of DLC for extra cash. (Yes, I know G&K itself is often considered DLC, but c'mon, it is an expansion)

I'm definitely wanting some new content. DLC around Christmas would sell well, but it's not something I am expecting since they just released the patch. In any case, fingers crossed it's Indonesia

I really don't care about what are they going to release, as long as they release something new to try out :D Hopeful for christmas

Anything, really. I would actually like an aboriginal civ, the only representation from Oceania we have is Polynesia. Perhaps the aborigins could give a better representation to Australia?

I'm positive that they are working on a DLC of some sort, but since the patch came out without a coerresponding DLC and THanksgiving has past without at least an announcement, I don't foresee any DLC until at least January.

Did some research but it came out empty.
I'm guessing there is no news on this part but I figured I'd ask anyway.

Moderator Action: Merged with a related thread.

A couple of weeks ago there was a frisson of excitement through these parts because one of the developers over on the 2k boards definitely said that he wasn't allowed to make an announcement about something incredibly vague. A few people think that this was hinting at future DLC or even a second expansion; other that he was merely referring to the (now-released) hotfix patch.So that's about your lot I'm afraid.

That doesn't mean anything. All of the patches that have been followed by DLC had included changes later used by that DLC (like new XML tags for the new traits). There was nothing like this in the last patch. In order to release a new DLC, they'd have to also release another new patch (to add in any new Civ or Unit abilities) and I don't think we're going to get another balance patch before Christmas.
That only means we're out of luck for introduction of new game concepts like in Gods & Kings. But new civs, scenarios and maps are entirely possible...

Wasn't there a reference to Poland in the patch notes?

Top Bottom